The Student Room Group

22 August 2013 GCSE results: Grade boundaries

Scroll to see replies

hey in edexcel maths i got a B and my points were 46 - what does this mean?

like how many marks did i get or what was my overall %.

thanks in advance
Reply 581
Original post by LovePeaceAwesome
Thanks but I checked there before and still couldn't find it :smile:

If you still need it, is this it? http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-GCSE-ENGLISH-AND-ENG-LANGUAGE-GDE-BDY-JAN-2013.PDF
49/60+ for the Science Unit 1 AQA -physics, chemistry and Biology paper was an A... I didn't know the boundaries would be that high. Luckily i got an A overall because my ISA saved me.
Original post by ThePremierLeague
hey in edexcel maths i got a B and my points were 46 - what does this mean?

like how many marks did i get or what was my overall %.

thanks in advance

Hi
Not sure exactly what it means, but guessing it could be UCAS points, but for a B you get 46, A is 52 and A* is 58.
Dunno, but me and a friend both got A* and it said 58. But I don't think it's percentage because 58% is relatively low I think for an A*
5 A*s **** yeah.
Reply 586
Hello everyone.

I got 359 overall in maths. Was the grade boundary 360 for an A* 360?

I can't find the History unit 2 grade boundaries as well as the overall for both history and Geography. IN history B Unit 2 i got 72a, in unit 1 i got 83a* and in unit 3 i got 60a*. How far away was i from an A* overall?

I'm also having trouble finding OCR Religious studies B short course grade boundaries. In philosophy 2 i got 44a and in ethics i got 42a. How close was i to an A* overall in R.E?

Thanks everyone for their help. I hope everyone got what they wanted!
Reply 587
my mark doesn't match the grade of the grade boundaries for foundation french gcse what should i do?
does anyone know the grade boundaries and why we don't have "scores" for CIE iGCSE French and Spanish? I got an A in Spanish and want to know whether I could get it remarked but don't know what I got and how close I am to an A*?! thanks.
Has anyone else missed out on grades for business studies GCSE?
My first unit (sat in year 10) went really well and I received 78/80 UMS - A*.
My second unit gave me 58 UMS - A, and my third unit gave me 43 UMS - A (this was meant to be full marks - 50/50 UMS, but obviously they've marked me down).

Now I have a total of 179/200 UMS and I am one mark away from the A*!!! I just needed 180! This is AQA btw.
What should I do? I was practically promised the A* grade for the whole of the past year :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by sophie_x
my mark doesn't match the grade of the grade boundaries for foundation french gcse what should i do?

Are you sure you're not getting confused between UMS and raw marks? Have a look here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/:u:MS :smile:
How come on OCR there is no boundary for A*s?
Reply 592
what are grade boundaries for wjec english lang? It just shows every unit grade boundaries but not overall. How much do you need to get c, b etc?
Reply 593
can someone explain to me how you work out the grade boundaries? I don't understand. eg. for AQA history I got a B. But on my results sheet it says "History B Unit 1 71 b" however on the AQA grade boundaries sheet it says on History B Unit 1 that an a* is 44 and the maximum scaled mark is 60? Also on the sheet it says "History B Unit 2 69 b" yet on the AQA grade boundaries it says history b unit 2 that 55 is an A* and 69 is the maximum scaled mark?
Reply 594
why is the WJEC website so confusing? or is it just the format on an iPad that makes it weird?
Reply 595
Original post by Xscape
can someone explain to me how you work out the grade boundaries? I don't understand. eg. for AQA history I got a B. But on my results sheet it says "History B Unit 1 71 b" however on the AQA grade boundaries sheet it says on History B Unit 1 that an a* is 44 and the maximum scaled mark is 60? Also on the sheet it says "History B Unit 2 69 b" yet on the AQA grade boundaries it says history b unit 2 that 55 is an A* and 69 is the maximum scaled mark?

the marks on your paper is the UMS (converted mark) and the marks on the AQA website are raw marks
Does anyone know what's up with the AQA Geography A boundaries? According to my results sheet, I got an A* in unit 1, and 135 marks, but on the grade boundaries sheet it says the entire paper is out of 75. Obviously I couldn't have gotten 135/75 so what's that about? My unit 2 and 3 marks are all above the total marks too {120 in unit 2 and 73 in unit 3}.
Reply 597
Was anybody's mark for AQA Christianity and/or Christianity Ethics (Units 1 and 2) much lower than expected? I got an A in the mock and was predicted an A*, yet I got a C.

Yours sincerely,
Alec Robertson.
Reply 598
Original post by nardeearr
the marks on your paper is the UMS (converted mark) and the marks on the AQA website are raw marks

How would I go about finding how close I was to a A?
does anyone know what total marks you needed in English Language AQA to get an A was?

Quick Reply

Latest