The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lp386
Indeed, Caians are famous for their thongs.

Spoiler

Spoiler

:rofl: This is TSR you could have offended any number of people by accident :wink:

Original post by Oromis263
Stop talking nonsense about thongs.

:sexface:
Original post by wibletg
Or you could just be a Jesuan and be done with it :tongue:

Original post by lp386
Nope, not a patch on Jesus or Christ's. The number of people I've heard about being accepted by Jesus, pooled by Jesus, rejected by Jesus, having a friend in Jesus*...

*what a friend I have in Jesus.**

**Actually, more of an acquaintance. We don't talk that much any more.

The Bible documents the pooling system well.
Reply 222
WOO FOR CAIUS

cannot wait to start pummeling myself with textbooks
Anyone here going to Christ's college?
Original post by shazz_alm

I am! I'll be doing history, how about you? :smile:
Original post by Muppetmad
I am! I'll be doing history, how about you? :smile:

I am applying next year (i was just stalking the freshers chat to get a better idea of cambridge :smile:) but im thinking of applying to christ's for engineering it seems like a nice college! Have you ever visited it?
I am applying next year (i was just stalking the freshers chat to get a better idea of cambridge :smile:) but im thinking of applying to christ's for engineering it seems like a nice college! Have you ever visited it?

Ah, of course - sorry, I only just read through your private message :biggrin: I'll respond to you there.
What exactly is on the maths B for natsci course?
Original post by DJMayes
Pembroke people = Valencians

Johns people = Johnians

Corpus people = Corpuscles

Emma people = Emmanue-whelps?

:colone:

what on earth is the link between Pembroke and Valencia?!
Original post by iamsherlocked
what on earth is the link between Pembroke and Valencia?!

It was originally called Marie Valence Hall after the 2nd earl of Pembroke, Aymer de Valence.
Reply 230
Original post by bananarama2
What exactly is on the maths B for natsci course?

It's the Maths A course but with some extra material, and it goes faster to compensate for that. You sit the same exam at the end of the year, but Maths B students have a greater choice of questions. Syllabus here.
Reply 231
I watched the documentary "the Real White Queen and her Rivals" today and it mentioned that St John's and Christ's colleges were both founded by Margaret Beaufort, which is pretty cool because she was badass. :ahee:
Reply 232
Original post by Etoile
I watched the documentary "the Real White Queen and her Rivals" today and it mentioned that St John's and Christ's colleges were both founded by Margaret Beaufort, which is pretty cool because she was badass. :ahee:

Sorry this is the wrong comment but on matriculation dresses I was worried LBD would be too formal... Phew! Also sooo much easier when you can just shove a shirt on. Why am I not male.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lp386
It's the Maths A course but with some extra material, and it goes faster to compensate for that. You sit the same exam at the end of the year, but Maths B students have a greater choice of questions. Syllabus here.

Thanks!
Reply 234
Original post by Oboe1994
Sorry this is the wrong comment but on matriculation dresses I was worried LBD would be too formal... Phew! Also sooo much easier when you can just shove a shirt on. Why am I not male.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel the same way :lol: They should introduce a more standardised approach to female formal dress!
Original post by Etoile
I feel the same way :lol: They should introduce a more standardised approach to female formal dress!

It's the word informal that brings tears to the eyes. I mean, informal could be anything and smart casual is infuriatingly unclear.
Reply 236
A question for the current students. How often is one typically required to wear a dinner suit? I'm thinking of buying one since hiring every time could quickly get more expensive, but it would help to know roughly how often I'll need it. Thanks. :smile:

PS: I'm going to St John's if that makes any difference.
Reply 237
Original post by und
A question for the current students. How often is one typically required to wear a dinner suit? I'm thinking of buying one since hiring every time could quickly get more expensive, but it would help to know roughly how often I'll need it. Thanks. :smile:

PS: I'm going to St John's if that makes any difference.

Dinner Suit, I've worn twice over the course of the year :smile:

Lounge suit is far more important, must have worn that at least 10 times this year.
Reply 238
Original post by wibletg
Dinner Suit, I've worn twice over the course of the year :smile:

Lounge suit is far more important, must have worn that at least 10 times this year.

How much does a dinner suit cost to hire? I was thinking it would be around £50, and if that's the case then buying one might make sense even if it's only going to be worn twice a year.

I am for medicine :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending