The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ubi1
I never thought I'd get in a tussle with you but for Rafa's sake I will. Am going to enjoy every minute of Gas getting Dismembered and decapitated by Nads.

All good fun sir, all good fun.
Reply 8101
Nadal's draw may be actually weaker than his 2010 US Open one. What a joke. All he'll have to do to win is send top spin sky balls into Gasquet's backhand and wait for him to self destruct.

So unless he meets god mode Djokovic in the finals, he should win. Murray & Djokovic will inevitably duke it out for a marathon and leave either one exhausted. :indiff:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8102
Original post by Xotol
Nadal's draw may be actually weaker than his 2010 US Open one. What a joke. All he'll have to do to win is send top spin sky balls into Gasquet's backhand and wait for him to self destruct.

So unless he meets god mode Djokovic in the finals, he should win. Murray & Djokovic will inevitably duke it out for a marathon and leave either one exhausted. :indiff:

I'm not sure given Murray's form that he can beat Nole or even push him all the way.
Original post by Prendah
Gasquet has lost 10 times and never won against Rafa.

Same record as Robredo's against Federer then.
Original post by Roger1
I'm not sure given Murray's form that he can beat Nole or even push him all the way.

Well he needs to beat Wawrinka first but if he does I would fully expect Murray to play his best tennis against Djokovic, as these days Murray seems to only bring his very best tennis for the big opponents. Think back to how badly he played against Lopez last year at this tournament and how he played against Janowicz and Verdasco for large portions of the match. Really hope he get the Djokovic Murray semi it could be a classic
This Robredo-Nadal match is actually a bit awkward and embarrassing to watch
Reply 8106
Original post by Roger1

Na, Murray plays like crap in earlier rounds and steps his game up in the latter. It's what he did last year USO and Wimbledon. He'll play his best against Novak.

What's scary is how good Rafa is playing. I know we shouldn't really be looking too much into destroying scrubs as Novak is doing the same, but he's hitting the ball so so sweetly.
Reply 8107
Rafa has played well but come on everyone, you have to admit that draw has opened up for him very well. I mean, Gasquet in the semis. At least Ferrer could have won a set or two.

Anyway I hope the final is competitive.
Murray vs djokovic on hard seems to always be 4+ hours so yeah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzKuv4j67aw

Gasquet beats Nadal aged 13!
Reply 8110
Original post by kbountra
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzKuv4j67aw

Gasquet beats Nadal aged 13!

Gasquet's strokes look almost exactly the same.
Reply 8111
Murray's not really filling me with confidence this early on

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8112
Murray playing utter crap atm tbh. If he does brings this crap against Nole and Rafa, he is getting blown away by both. Of course, he has to get through Stan first, who seems to be paying homage to his Swiss buddy by missing so many BPs/SPs.

Edit: Stan finally wins the set on his 6th SP. He can soon be the Swiss number 1. :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8113
Murray should have beaten stan in 3 sets. What the hell is he playing at.
Reply 8114
Original post by ubi1
Murray should have beaten stan in 3 sets. What the hell is he playing at.

It's just like Verdasco at Wimbledon. Don't be surprised if this match goes the distant
Reply 8115
Murray is presenting sitting ducks to Wawrinka. What the hell is he doing? Is he having issues with his back again?
Reply 8116
Original post by Roger1
Murray is presenting sitting ducks to Wawrinka. What the hell is he doing? Is he having issues with his back again?

No idea, he seems to be wearing an undershirt so maybe.
Why does murray hit 30kph second serves?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Murray's being a petulant brat with his racket and holding his back, why does he have to show this side of him.

Stan going through would make it three of my favourite players in the semis though ...
Reply 8119
Original post by hskjlclcn
Murray's being a petulant brat with his racket and holding his back, why does he have to show this side of him.

Stan going through would make it three of my favourite players in the semis though ...

He had right to be angry after that first set.

Latest