The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7260
Original post by IMakeSenseToNone
Huzzah! Although I went to bed at 4:00 and got up at 12 so it looks like you're much further ahead than I :colondollar: I got rush hour commuting to deal with as well.

Ehhh okay, went to the library to scan my uni photo in so that's all done! But i'm in a weird jittery state where little things are concerning me :hmpf:

Oh no, hope the commuting went well :smile:. Unfortunately I jinxed myself after I posted that as I struggled to sleep for the next 2 days! At least last night turned out to be good. Hope you are feeling better now :console:
Reply 7261
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
You're moving out? How did your parents take that? They alright with it? My parents were like "It's Oxford or London and if you stay in London, you are LIVING AT HOME" :afraid: Good job persuading your parents there - well done :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Well, they are alright with it :yep:. In fact they always were, ever since I told them :biggrin:, even if I went uni nearby. It is a shame that you parents didn't let you go :sad: :hugs:

Original post by Sabertooth
That's awesome, really glad to hear you're going to uni and you seem happy with it. :smile:

can someone please help me i feel really down right now
Original post by superwolf
Thought you might like to see my three running about:

Ahhhh they're so cute!! And this is completely random but I was on the rodent section of the pet forums website, went on the adoption bit, and saw your mice!!

I got my two a flying saucer today from pets at home; I've already got a wheel in the cage but I don't want them to start squabbling, so I thought I'd just double everything! I got them another food bowl as well....I have a bit of a pink/ purple theme going, seeing as all my other pets are boys I was happy to embrace stereotypical girls pinkness!

Edit: Also, a slug in my pack of celery beats yours on a sponge :P Good thing the celery was for the guinea pig!
(edited 10 years ago)
Deffinately want to cry. I cant keep going like this :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7265
don't think I can do honesty. is such a big dilemma cos I cant live like this. but I cant tell therapist stuff cos will make her realise why i'm not clean and stuff. i'm not sure if i'm more scared to talk or not to talk and keep doing like this. and apparently honesty is meant to help but theres nothing she can say. will just see how disgusted she is and hate myself even more and i'm scared of that. doesn't feel like there are any options (except the one that I can't talk about and i'm scared of that as well).

argh.

don't even have therapy for ages and i'm allllll falling apart over it.
Original post by asdfgah
don't think I can do honesty. is such a big dilemma cos I cant live like this. but I cant tell therapist stuff cos will make her realise why i'm not clean and stuff. i'm not sure if i'm more scared to talk or not to talk and keep doing like this. and apparently honesty is meant to help but theres nothing she can say. will just see how disgusted she is and hate myself even more and i'm scared of that. doesn't feel like there are any options (except the one that I can't talk about and i'm scared of that as well).

argh.

She wont be disgusted hun, she seems like a really nice caring person :yep:
Could you perhaps write it down and put it in an envelope and give her it like that? Then maybe ask her to shred it after shes read it so you know no one else can read it?
:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by asdfgah

argh.

Hm, but you talk about a bunch of other stuff with her, aren't you? Can you maybe tell it more metaphoically to her? Actually I don't see a reason, why she should be disgusted. It is her job not to be disgusted and the center are you, not her. Thus I don't think she mind it. I mean, the therapist took the job out of interest, not because they do not like working
with people with problems.

And yeah, Poncho Kid is right.
Original post by Anonymous
can someone please help me i feel really down right now

I know its late but you can PM me if you like

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just decided, that this day will become a good day!
Took a zopi and it did weird things last night :/
Apparently texting my boyfriend wasnt a great idea. And all i wanna do now is sleep :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PonchoKid
Took a zopi and it did weird things last night :/
Apparently texting my boyfriend wasnt a great idea. And all i wanna do now is sleep :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Morning Poncho!

Did you hallucinate? :console: Zopiclone does make the world go a bit funny if you stay awake...
Morning Poncho!

Did you hallucinate? :console: Zopiclone does make the world go a bit funny if you stay awake...

Morning :smile:

And no i thought i was going to, but i tried to text rory as i felt weird but it doesnt make much sense which probably wasnt my best plan :tongue:

Hope your ok :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Morning :smile:

And no i thought i was going to, but i tried to text rory as i felt weird but it doesnt make much sense which probably wasnt my best plan :tongue:

Hope your ok :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww, I'm sure he didn't mind. :smile: You could always ask your doctor about different sleeping pills if zopiclone not working is a regular thing - I've been on zolpidem before and although it didn't do the job that well for me it might for you.

I'm alright - seeing study coach today and he's usually good at motivating me to work so fingers crossed I can get the dissertation back on track...
Aww, I'm sure he didn't mind. :smile: You could always ask your doctor about different sleeping pills if zopiclone not working is a regular thing - I've been on zolpidem before and although it didn't do the job that well for me it might for you.

I'm alright - seeing study coach today and he's usually good at motivating me to work so fingers crossed I can get the dissertation back on track...

It does work, but iv not had one for over a month so that may be it :dontknow: im also on the strongest dose of zopi so its always fun. Im scared the drs wont give me anymore :s-smilie:

Thats awesome, you can deffinately do it :yep: :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It does work, but iv not had one for over a month so that may be it :dontknow: im also on the strongest dose of zopi so its always fun. Im scared the drs wont give me anymore :s-smilie:

Thats awesome, you can deffinately do it :yep: :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah maybe your tolerance has gone down, so the strongest dose was a bit too strong. Next time you could try halving the tablet, and see how it goes? Then you could always take the other half later if needed.

Thanks! :smile:
Yeah maybe your tolerance has gone down, so the strongest dose was a bit too strong. Next time you could try halving the tablet, and see how it goes? Then you could always take the other half later if needed.

Thanks! :smile:

Im usually better after taking the first one, i also cant break them :facepalm: ill need a card or something and pretend im a druggy :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys, how are you? I haven't posted in a while, been busy was feeling a bit down didn't wanna just come to wine,
Reply 7278
She wont be disgusted hun, she seems like a really nice caring person :yep:
Could you perhaps write it down and put it in an envelope and give her it like that? Then maybe ask her to shred it after shes read it so you know no one else can read it?
:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

She might be.. is really nasty stuff about what happened/what i did when bad thing happened (ptsd trauma stuff). is a) disgusting in a "dont talk about this stuff cos is taboo" way, b) shows why i'm really really not clean, c) possibly shows why i cant get better and d) probably make her worried about something and i dont want to do that. i've written a word doc about it but the thing is i'm not sure i'm comfortable with her knowing at all. and i cant erase her memory even if she shredded it. but apparentyl talking is how you get better. but she can't help me, nobody can. and this might just be more proof of that

Original post by Nathanielle
Hm, but you talk about a bunch of other stuff with her, aren't you? Can you maybe tell it more metaphoically to her? Actually I don't see a reason, why she should be disgusted. It is her job not to be disgusted and the center are you, not her. Thus I don't think she mind it. I mean, the therapist took the job out of interest, not because they do not like working
with people with problems.

And yeah, Poncho Kid is right.

yeah i do talk to her about stuff, but some stuff is worse than other stuff. she hasnt necessarily heard this before. and i dont want to make stuff uncomfortable or see her looking at me disgusted or any of the stuff i said in the beginning of the post. she's professional so would try not to show it, but i don't really care about that... her thinking about it is bad enough. i dunno.
Original post by danny111
Guys, how are you? I haven't posted in a while, been busy was feeling a bit down didn't wanna just come to wine,

hey, hope your ok :hugs:

Original post by asdfgah
She might be.. is really nasty stuff about what happened/what i did when bad thing happened (ptsd trauma stuff). is a) disgusting in a "dont talk about this stuff cos is taboo" way, b) shows why i'm really really not clean, c) possibly shows why i cant get better and d) probably make her worried about something and i dont want to do that. i've written a word doc about it but the thing is i'm not sure i'm comfortable with her knowing at all. and i cant erase her memory even if she shredded it. but apparentyl talking is how you get better. but she can't help me, nobody can. and this might just be more proof of that.

IIRC youv spoken to her about stuff before that you thought she would be disgusted at, and when you did talk to her about it, you found it actually helped, and she wasnt disgusted in anyway. shell want to help you because she cares about you, she sounds like a really nice woman, and doesnt mind if you go into flashbackss in front of her and stuff.
is there any way you could tell her part of it that your more comfortable with disclosing and see how that goes?
or could you prehaps get the letter to her just before your appointment so you dont have to see her face when she first reads it?if thats what your more worried about?

Latest