The Student Room Group

Capita "Lead the Way" Graduate Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by chiliman14
Have just emailed asking for the feedback which was promised for last week. Perhaps they didn't appreciate my "if I don't get the job then I'm smashing the mug" joke as I left :/

ye considering the successful candidates were told a week ago you would think they would have got back to us by now, if not don't say you will! I'm expecting some quite comprehensive feedback given the amount of time spent on it. Perhaps they didn't like me saying the apple crumble was the best part of the day...
Reply 101
Original post by chiliman14
Have just emailed asking for the feedback which was promised for last week. Perhaps they didn't appreciate my "if I don't get the job then I'm smashing the mug" joke as I left :/

Erm, I guess it shows commitment to the role? :tongue:

Original post by driller24
ye considering the successful candidates were told a week ago you would think they would have got back to us by now, if not don't say you will! I'm expecting some quite comprehensive feedback given the amount of time spent on it. Perhaps they didn't like me saying the apple crumble was the best part of the day...

Just a brief note to the two of you; don't expect much. Companies get zero return on providing unsuccessful candidates feedback, so at most you're likely to get a page of very generic waffle.

Original post by JohnTestSmith
Quick word. Again this year, I'm helping students and graduates with their reasoning tests. Verbal, Logical and Numericals, E-Trays and Personality questionnaires.

Having graduated Economics from LSE, I've been working for years on perfecting my strategies.
Now it's time for me to make use of this info, to help you with anything from Magic Circle law to Bulge Bracket banks.

How about you do something proper with your life rather than attempting to scam students looking for a job?
Reply 102
Has anyone heard about their division / location yet? Today was the day no?
Original post by plmnb

It was supposed to be today but I haven't heard anything either
Reply 104
Original post by plmnb

Don't worry we were supposed to get 'feedback' last Friday and still waiting so standby and prepare yourself. Hope they told you more fully just how much of the Masters they are going to support you with, how long its actually going to take you, what Uni its from and how involved you are actually going to be... forewarned is forearmed
Reply 105
Original post by emptyspace1
It was supposed to be today but I haven't heard anything either

I guess it will be tomorrow, they have a lot to go through so I guess it took longer than planned.

where you hoping to be based and in what division?
Reply 106
Original post by plmnb
I guess it will be tomorrow, they have a lot to go through so I guess it took longer than planned.

where you hoping to be based and in what division?

yes of course, tomorrow... (holding my breath...)
Reply 107
Don't worry we were supposed to get 'feedback' last Friday and still waiting so standby and prepare yourself. Hope they told you more fully just how much of the Masters they are going to support you with, how long its actually going to take you, what Uni its from and how involved you are actually going to be... forewarned is forearmed

They've handed out job offers without telling the applicants any of this information? What a joke!

They need to get their HR department in order.
Reply 108
Original post by M1011
They've handed out job offers without telling the applicants any of this information? What a joke!

They need to get their HR department in order.

missed a bullet with this one me thinks, wonder if anyone who was supposed to know by last Friday actually knows where they are going and what they will be doing lol.. Its not too late you know...
Reply 109
missed a bullet with this one me thinks, wonder if anyone who was supposed to know by last Friday actually knows where they are going and what they will be doing lol.. Its not too late you know...

I came away from the assessment centre without any more of an understanding about what the job actually was.

All I learnt was that capita is a really big and complicated company, with many arms and divisions and the life story of Mrs. Capita who talked about herself for a good half hour - 45 mins.

I think you may be right in, bullet dodged.
yes of course, tomorrow... (holding my breath...)

They get back to you yet?
Reply 111
I've heard my division & location, have you?
Original post by plmnb

No not yet, grrrrr. You get the location you asked for?
Reply 113
Original post by plmnb

I've heard mine too, they didn't clarify location though, but I think there was only one place it could be for my business area
Original post by twith
I've heard mine too, they didn't clarify location though, but I think there was only one place it could be for my business area

What area did you get?
Reply 115

no I was being sarcastic, I didn't get the nod from the assessment centre but still hadn't received feedback. I guessed you guys wouldn't get much info back either but guess one or two have in one form or another even if its not what they were expecting. That seems to sum Capita up I guess but theres probably differences between divisions. Best of luck to all that got the thumbs up, by the way things sound you may need it
Reply 116
No not yet, grrrrr. You get the location you asked for?

what were some of the divisions and locations on offer? did you get what you wanted? I originally wanted to do management consultancy or finance
Reply 117
Original post by twith

Hey Twith, were you at the Birmingham AC? what division did you get?
Reply 118
Original post by danati
I came away from the assessment centre without any more of an understanding about what the job actually was.

All I learnt was that capita is a really big and complicated company, with many arms and divisions and the life story of Mrs. Capita who talked about herself for a good half hour - 45 mins.

I think you may be right in, bullet dodged.

ha ha Mrs Capita, that tickled me, with her MX5 but you're right bringing in some guys that could talk about their different roles would have been useful or even some of the possible divisions and what we might be up to
Reply 119
What area did you get?

I got the location I wanted and a divion I'm happy with, I think you can probably hop into other divisions once the two years are up as well so it probably is not that important where you are put but more to get a good understanding of the business. You heard yet?

Quick Reply

Latest