The Student Room Group

2014 Medicine Re-Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Original post by ameelia22
:LOL: Going to an all girls school, you woulda thought I'd be familiar with every way of saying period under the sun - apparently not! Although it was common occurrence for us to provide teachers with excuses (for the usual, swimming, hwk, stress, upset etc) by saying, "But miss, the crimson wave really hit me this morning - practically a world disaster, so I just don't think I can do this hwk tonight..."

Ah I know that one!
"Well Mr Arckland can just **** off, the P has arrived, and i'm just not taking any ****," etc.

However I will never forget how I learnt of the term '"P".

My friend (who was also in a relationship): My god the big P was killing me last night
Me: woah. that's a lot of information at once...
My friend: seriously, the cramps as well, it's just exhausting and my back really really hurt
Me: but was it worth it?
My friend: Was what worth it?
Me:........ the sex.....
My friend: blank face.
me: P as in penis right?
My friend: P as in PERIOD. MY god that is disgusting, why would I ever explain my sex injuries to you?! Well actually now you mention it...
Me: please stop. *dies*

LOL WHAT AN INTERESTING CONVO!!!

I just hope the crimson wave doesn't arrive on the 4th of October!!
I also went to a girls high school as college but teachers never saw TOM as an excuse lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SusieShire
A Levels: A*A*Aa (Biology, Psychology, English Lit, Chemistry)
GCSEs: 6 A*, 3 A, 1 C
UKCAT: 692.5

Because I only did Chemistry to AS my choices are more limited than most.

Sorry to be nosy but where are u applying this year and what was the c in??
Reply 1582
A Levels: A*A*Aa (Biology, Psychology, English Lit, Chemistry)
GCSEs: 6 A*, 3 A, 1 C
UKCAT: 692.5

Because I only did Chemistry to AS my choices are more limited than most.

Amazing stats :smile: well done

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1583
Wondering how do we actually apply again on UCAS? do we just start from scratch and register on UCAS again? with a new UCAS I.D number or do we use the same 'profile' but just make a new application for this year?
Original post by Dr.Ugs
LOL WHAT AN INTERESTING CONVO!!!

I just hope the crimson wave doesn't arrive on the 4th of October!!
I also went to a girls high school as college but teachers never saw TOM as an excuse lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL
Excuse / moan / bitch / whinge etc it all went down, not incredibly well, but still
Original post by Green Bubblegum
Sorry to be nosy but where are u applying this year and what was the c in??

I mentioned where I'm applying to in a post on the last page. The C was in German, got a D in the listening exam as I was ill that day but I was pretty rubbish at German anyway. Managed to get an A in French though, sadly can barely speak a word of it now!

Original post by Dr.Ugs
Amazing stats :smile: well done

Posted from TSR Mobile

Reply 1586
Original post by ameelia22
LOL
Excuse / moan / bitch / whinge etc it all went down, not incredibly well, but still

Lol and women are meant to assumably be understanding of each other!

How's the UKCAT prep?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm about to book a holiday to Canada for the end of October/start of November. No med schools interview then right? Just thought I'd double check as I'm about to spend a lot of money on it.

Small universities like Exeter and Plymouth do all their interviews before Christmas. Applied to both last year.
Reply 1588
Original post by Kristen Grace
Nah they won't take it into account. But there's no harm in trying...

Yeah Ill just try, Ill put it on my refrence
Reply 1589
Original post by lovelycup7
So are you definitely reapplying next year? Or would you be able to persuade your teachers to give you higher predictions, taking into account any resits you do this year?

Im pretty sure they will give me AAA predictions but I want to take AS & A2 Biology next year to open up the amount of universities I can apply to whislt dropping 2 subjects, Physics & FMaths. That is what seems to be the problem as they are not allowing me to pickup these subject even though I have studies AS Biology over the summer.
Filled in all my UCAS form this morning! Apart from the choices and personal statement sections which I'm still working on haha! I don't think you have to put the UKCAT on UCAS but I did anyway because there was the option to and I thought better to be safe than sorry.
Hey everyone, just got my UKCAT results, I got 695
I'm a reapplicant with A*AAb
I'm not sure if they matter anymore but GCSE: 5A*, 3.5A, 1C

I'm thinking to apply to Manchester
I'd like to apply to Kings, what are my chances of getting an interview?
And what other unis would be good choices? ( I tried Leicester and SGUL last year, dnt wanna try again.)

Thanks in advance for any advice
Filled in all my UCAS form this morning! Apart from the choices and personal statement sections which I'm still working on haha! I don't think you have to put the UKCAT on UCAS but I did anyway because there was the option to and I thought better to be safe than sorry.

Theres an option? where?
Original post by o990
Theres an option? where?

In the education section when you add a qualification click on admissions tests and then click on UKCAT :smile:
Reply 1594
Is it just me or does medify only have 4 passages for verbal comprehension questions?? Wth, keep seeing the same ones!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
In the education section when you add a qualification click on admissions tests and then click on UKCAT :smile:

oh!! you're right..

confusing, hadnt had to do this before.. do you think its always been there?
Won't pearson still be liasing with UCAS and sending them over nov time?
Original post by Dr.Ugs
Is it just me or does medify only have 4 passages for verbal comprehension questions?? Wth, keep seeing the same ones!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not just you, they don't have very many. When I first signed up they didn't have any!

Original post by o990
oh!! you're right..

confusing, hadnt had to do this before.. do you think its always been there?
Won't pearson still be liasing with UCAS and sending them over nov time?

I think it's always been there and it's totally optional as Pearson Vue will definitely be sending them to the universities :smile:
Hello all :smile:

I'm a reapplicant too and this time round I'm thinking of applying for all safe options.
7A*S and 5A's (that includes A's in the english lang/lit, if you're curious) at GCSE, and AAAa at A level. UKCAT 665 (under 500 on VR :frown: but high on all else :smile:)

Just want to know your thoughts on good unis to apply to with my profile :confused:.. would be appreciated!
Reply 1598
Original post by Shaimaa95
Hello all :smile:

I'm a reapplicant too and this time round I'm thinking of applying for all safe options.
7A*S and 5A's (that includes A's in the english lang/lit, if you're curious) at GCSE, and AAAa at A level. UKCAT 665 (under 500 on VR :frown: but high on all else :smile:)

Just want to know your thoughts on good unis to apply to with my profile :confused:.. would be appreciated!

Cardiff? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1599
It's not just you, they don't have very many. When I first signed up they didn't have any!

I think it's always been there and it's totally optional as Pearson Vue will definitely be sending them to the universities :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending