The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by keromedic
I think my class is quite far through equillibria, but I missed yesterday's lesson :frown:

Ah I see, It's not too bad but I prefer organic :biggrin:
Original post by g.k.galloway
Yep :smile: We've done rates and are about halfway through equilbiria :smile: We're doing carbonyl compounds with our other teacher :smile:

You might be doing the practical, I did.
I had to fake my results as they weren't consistent :frown:
Ah I see, It's not too bad but I prefer organic :biggrin:

Ah. I got a C in that module, last year. Reason why I'm not applying for medicine, this year, sigh.
I think my class is quite far through equillibria, but I missed yesterday's lesson :frown:

No thanks

wasn't quoting you
You might be doing the practical, I did.
I had to fake my results as they weren't consistent :frown:

Probably haha
I hate ISAs though, they are the worse way of representedly testing students ever!
Original post by Robbie242
wasn't quoting you

Oh, you weren't?
I see :smile:
Original post by Pandora.
D1 is great fun. :biggrin:

We all know you like the D, Pandora. :teehee:
Probably haha
I hate ISAs though, they are the worse way of representedly testing students ever!

Hmm. Last year, I got 52/60 for my bio Empa and 53/60 for my chemistry ISAs (make of that which you will).
I don't know which I prefer tbh. I like the idea of ISAs as you get more practical practice as teacher's want to insure the student's skills are up to scratch.
Original post by Felix Felicis

I've noticed a correlation as well, the only person in my class who likes D1 is the only girl in my class, therefore all straight girls like the D.

Proof by exhaustion (and statistical bias)

I had a feeling you were going to appear. Do you mind if I quote you in another thread. Someone thinks my method for their (C1?) question is too hard. I'd like to borrow your expertise :smile:.
Hmm. Last year, I got 52/60 for my bio Empa and 53/60 for my chemistry ISAs (make of that which you will).
I don't know which I prefer tbh. I like the idea of ISAs as you get more practical practice as teacher's want to insure the student's skills are up to scratch.

It's the problem that at some schools teachers will give more help than at others :/
I really don't like them :biggrin:
It's the problem that at some schools teachers will give more help than at others :/
I really don't like them :biggrin:

Ah right. I'm shocked by some of the stories I hear from other students. Teachers actually helping them during the practicals!
Ah right. I'm shocked by some of the stories I hear from other students. Teachers actually helping them during the practicals!

I've heard some shocking stories too :/ I just don't like the fact that something that can be as varied can have such an impact on final grade, it can easily drop you down a grade if you just drop a few marks.
I've heard some shocking stories too :/ I just don't like the fact that something that can be as varied can have such an impact on final grade, it can easily drop you down a grade if you just drop a few marks.

Indeed. What would be your ideal method of coursework assessment?
Reply 3794
What subjects does everyone do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pandora.
D1 is great fun. :biggrin:

Stop trying to wind me up, or I'll hit you with warning points for trolling :colonhash: :tongue:
Original post by Qari

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello :smile:

Biology, english literature and history (bit of an unusual mix apparently :tongue:) how about you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had a feeling you were going to appear. Do you mind if I quote you in another thread. Someone thinks my method for their (C1?) question is too hard. I'd like to borrow your expertise :smile:.

Sure, go for it.
Original post by Qari

Posted from TSR Mobile

Further Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Music. For the others check Usy's OP.
Original post by usycool1
Stop trying to wind me up, or I'll hit you with warning points for trolling :colonhash: :tongue:

She might genuinely like the D modules :smile:. I don't find them as repugnant as you guys seem to!
Original post by Lucy96
Hello :smile:

Biology, english literature and history (bit of an unusual mix apparently :tongue:) how about you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice subjects :smile: I wish I did english lit :biggrin:
Sure, go for it.

Thanks Felix
(edited 10 years ago)

She might genuinely like the D modules :smile:. I don't find them as repugnant as you guys seem to!

Nah, she was being sarcastic (or trying to wind me up :colonhash:) I think, I remember she didn't like them last year. :no:

Original post by Qari

Posted from TSR Mobile

Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology. You? :smile:

Latest