Audiology - September 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by RhodriL
That's awesome, I hope you get in :smile:

You too! All the best.
Reply 41
Original post by somebodyguideme
My two sciences are bio and psyc?! I got all my offers...

you only need 1 science for audiology?? ..I'm thinking of doing engineering now LOL I know, sudden change of heart, but nothing interests me and I'm kinda good at everything so anything will do :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by Humera_x

you only need 1 science for audiology?? ..I'm thinking of doing engineering now LOL I know, sudden change of heart, but nothing interests me and I'm kinda good at everything so anything will do :smile:

That's awesome. Not many girls go into engineering so in the long-run, you could be influencing some change. Go you!

Lucky you!
Reply 44
Thanks for the support guys :smile: doesn't sound like such a stupid idea anyways.. school are really excited for me too so are all for the idea :crossedf: hopefully it'll all go well :smile:
Reply 45
Thanks for the support guys :smile: doesn't sound like such a stupid idea anyways.. school are really excited for me too so are all for the idea :crossedf: hopefully it'll all go well :smile:

Have you decided for engineering then?
Reply 46
Hi all,

How are your applications getting along? What were your predicted grades?

I'm more or less done and should be sending my application off shortly. I've been predicted ABD. :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi all,

How are your applications getting along? What were your predicted grades?

I'm more or less done and should be sending my application off shortly. I've been predicted ABD. :L

Hi, my predicted grades are absolutely rubbish! I've been predicted BCD :/ not sure whether I should apply or not now:/
Reply 48
Do you know if Aston will be lenient with their grades as its not a very popular course? and does anyone know if and which unis were in clearing for audiology
Reply 49
Original post by stressed.human
Hi, my predicted grades are absolutely rubbish! I've been predicted BCD :/ not sure whether I should apply or not now:/

I'd say go for it...worth a try. Someone I know got into medicine by calling the uni up on results day. It's all worth a try!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
Original post by RKAUR
Do you know if Aston will be lenient with their grades as its not a very popular course? and does anyone know if and which unis were in clearing for audiology

If I remember right; Aston, DMU and Middlesex were in clearing this year. Not sure if Aston are lenient on grades...I want to know too :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You both will be fine - they might ask you to get one grqde higher than entry requirement or something but just have a strong application. I got predicted similar to you both. If you want me to take a look at your ps gimme a shout :smile:
HELPPP you guys!!

Okay so I've really been thinking about career choices. There was a time in the past that I was torn between becoming a primary school teacher or an audiologist, and I chose audiologist. But now I'm thinkin studying primary education is not such a bad idea. I don't know what to do! Any advice would be appreciated:confused:
Reply 53
Original post by somebodyguideme
You both will be fine - they might ask you to get one grqde higher than entry requirement or something but just have a strong application. I got predicted similar to you both. If you want me to take a look at your ps gimme a shout :smile:
Ok your reassuring comments are really helpful, thank you! How shall I send my ps over?

HELPPP you guys!!

Okay so I've really been thinking about career choices. There was a time in the past that I was torn between becoming a primary school teacher or an audiologist, and I chose audiologist. But now I'm thinkin studying primary education is not such a bad idea. I don't know what to do! Any advice would be appreciated:confused:
Urm...why do you want to go into primary teaching and why audiology? Make a list of qualities/postives and weaknesses for both and maybe go forth from there? Also ask people around you what they see you as - sometimes it helps.
Reply 54
Hi all!

Also wanting to do Audiology next year, going for Southampton and Leeds (don't really want to go to the other unis, in fact, Southants was the only one that definitely clicked) but unsure about whether I should use up my choices? Some have said not to waste them and some have said it's no point if I don't want to go there anyway.
What do you guys think?
Original post by zara2013
Ok your reassuring comments are really helpful, thank you! How shall I send my ps over?

Urm...why do you want to go into primary teaching and why audiology? Make a list of qualities/postives and weaknesses for both and maybe go forth from there? Also ask people around you what they see you as - sometimes it helps.

Inbox :smile:
Reply 56
Has anyone got work experience?
Just an update, I've decided to stick with Audiology:L
Out of the all the uni's I visited (Middlesex, Leeds, Aston and Demontfort), I felt the most comfortable at Demontfort. I really liked the atmosphere there :biggrin: however, the University of Leeds had beautiful buildings!

Has anyone got work experience?

Yep I've done my work experience in an Audiology department :smile: how about you?
Reply 58
I haven't actually been able to get direct audiology work experience, been rejected from the local hospital and in the neighbouring county ):
Have had experience working with deaf children though (some partially, others profound and cochlear implant users), as part of a music project aimed at teaching music to mentally and/or physically handicapped children.

How are your grades?
Reply 59
I went and asked in Specsavers today left it so last minute

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending