The Student Room Group

What is St Dominics Sixth Form College like?

I want to study medicine and do BCM and was wondering whether applying St Dominic's is a good idea. Thank you!
Original post by bluegirl64
I want to study medicine and do BCM and was wondering whether applying St Dominic's is a good idea. Thank you!

Honest is what I will be. St Dominics is overrated, there, I said it. It seems amazing but it just doesn't live up to its hype, its extremely stale, cold and boring- there's no vibrancy or enjoyment- its unpleasant. The teachers aren't that phenomenal as the prospectus suggests. The students are segregated- that is a fact. The popular people mainly come from Sacred Hart/Salvotorian and already have their friendship groups made. The Asians stick to their own and look down on the aforementioned popular group. Thus, a divide is created.

I understand that you wish to study medicine. That is really great news. However, please do understand that many people from St.Doms take the Biologies, Chemistry's and Physics/Psychology dolloped on with Maths. So, the competition is fierce, thats certian.

You choose.

PS: Activies at the sixth form college are really spectacular, they offer a huge variety of them. However, you can't do an A-Level in one, can you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending