The Student Room Group

2014 Medicine Re-Applicants

Scroll to see replies

I think that's probably the best option, I'm going to apply for medical materials at queen mary do you think it's a good choice if I want to do a graduate entry into medicine, I don't want to do biomedicine because by itself it has low career prospects and most of them are only in research

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MJK91
Well we always knew that, but I would point out my predictions were remarkably accurate! Guessed the average score deciles within 10 points :wink:

Yeah you did, was a very good prediction!
Original post by MJK91
http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/App_Media/uploads/pdf/2013%20Testing%20Statistics.pdf

THEYRE UP!!!!

Bad news: Deciles have increased, DA massively as predicted (770).
Good news: other sections relatively constant.

Well thats put a slight downer on things...
I'm sort of ****ting myself because I'm scared Manchesters cut off will be 700+....

Does anyone have last years statistics so I can compare?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ameelia22
I'm sort of ****ting myself because I'm scared Manchesters cut off will be 700+....

Does anyone have last years statistics so I can compare?

http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/App_Media/uploads/pdf/2012%20Testing%20Statistics.pdf
Can you please remind us all how great your son is, how he has 7A*s at A-level, how his UKCAT is big enough for me to drown in and how despite the fact that he is SO fantastic, and SO much better than the rest of us, he is incapable of typing for himself?

Just remind us, I'm sure we'll all forget.

Spoiler

Is that really necessary? Parents are just as welcome to post here as students are and the rest of your post just smacks of jealousy.
Reply 2606
Can you please remind us all how great your son is, how he has 7A*s at A-level, how his UKCAT is big enough for me to drown in and how despite the fact that he is SO fantastic, and SO much better than the rest of us, he is incapable of typing for himself?

Just remind us, I'm sure we'll all forget.

Spoiler

A bit harsh don't you think? :s-smilie:
Reply 2607
Original post by Bumble333
Theres a big difference between AAB and CCC , or course you worked hard to achieve yor grades as they were only " 1 mark off ". Also I never said that people who didn't get AAA didn't work hard I was reiterating the point confusedbengali posted when they said they only did a weeks sociology revision. Hope this now makes sense sorry for any offence caused :smile:

Oh, fair enough, I didn't read all the posts to be honest but I just thought that sentence sounded a bit harsh to us resit applicants
Original post by SiMan
A bit harsh don't you think? :s-smilie:

Ok reading that back maybe it was... My bad, my bad. I read all of his posts in one go when going through the past few pages so I was a bit irate... Sorry!

Posted from TSR Mobile
As one doctor told me last week during my volunteering, 'You've got to sleep with Mother Teresa to get in.' Fills me with hope for this year....

Posted from TSR Mobile
UCAS all sent off yay! :smile:
I applied to Soton, King's, HYMS and St George's :smile:
(And UCL biomedical science as my fifth option!)
Anyone applying to similar places?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2611
Original post by itsmagic
UCAS all sent off yay! :smile:
I applied to Soton, King's, HYMS and St George's :smile:
(And UCL biomedical science as my fifth option!)
Anyone applying to similar places?

Posted from TSR Mobile

noice, i'm still waiting for my referee to say hes sent my reference. I applied soton and HYMS as well. Both look pretty awesome :smile:
where's your 'top' place? probs guaranteed interview for HYMS?
Reply 2612
Ok reading that back maybe it was... My bad, my bad. I read all of his posts in one go when going through the past few pages so I was a bit irate... Sorry!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh, I get it.. no worries, this is a stressful process I understand. :smile:
I thought you were a mum? You've got the male gender sign..
Reply 2614
what was the ukcat average score last year for everyone published on pearson vue?
Reply 2615
Original post by jonnyc
what was the ukcat average score last year for everyone published on pearson vue?

Average UKCAT score was 2515 last year, this year it's 2643 :eek:
I don't think she meant any harm. Tempers are going to flare at this stage, when applications have just been sent off, and perhaps more so on here because it's a re-applicant thread. For many, it's their last shot at undergrad Medicine before facing the prospect of doing a degree they don't want to do with a slim chance of getting into Grad entry at the end of it.

I've not read any of your posts, but best of luck to your son, wherever he's applied.
Reply 2617
Original post by jonnyc

twas 628.75, the documents out there somewhere but I know the total increased by 128 this year.

Also hows everyone feeling bout there UKCAT? My 702.5 is pretty borderline for TSR but I'm still (and despite the increase) happy with it - not gonna change choices :s
Reply 2618
Original post by richtea5
twas 628.75, the documents out there somewhere but I know the total increased by 128 this year.

Also hows everyone feeling bout there UKCAT? My 702.5 is pretty borderline for TSR but I'm still (and despite the increase) happy with it - not gonna change choices :s

It is quite worrying to see the UKCAT year on year rise in such a way, if this keeps up what's the national average going to be for 2016 applicants - 710? They should scrap this exam or they need to standardise it better so that the average is firmly set at 600 each time (the fact they say 600 is the average on their website is a joke, the average is not fluctuating, it's been increasing ever year since its inception!) I feel for many applicants like myself esp. last year when you have your UKCAT score but you have nothing to compare it to except the cycle before which is very misleading. It can be so confusing and this influences your decision making on choices, usually for the worse. Bottom line - this exam is losing its credibility the longer it goes on like this. I hope Pearson Vue and whomever creates this exam can see this from the simple statistics from cut-offs and average rises year on year.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2619
Yeh I also feel the scores are higher this year but I hobestly believe this site. Represents about 1 percent of those applying . It's really bias and is only for people who want to post their scores . The average wont rise significantly from last year but there most likely will be a. Rise . I hobestly believe an average of about 655 for this year . But I personally wouldn't trust this site it's very misleading when it comes to cohort Stats.

Don't worry and be confident in your own abilities !!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending