The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tee Logan x
I know right! the one uni i really want to go to and they rely on the one thing i hate so much! Aww Impy is such a cute name! love it :tongue:

Hopefully we will be okay, how are you getting on prep wise?
Haha, I know loads of people who call it Impy :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by g.k.galloway
Hopefully we will be okay, how are you getting on prep wise?
Haha, I know loads of people who call it Impy :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You might think i'm over-exaggerating, but it's honestly going really badly. I'm getting 4.something in the past papers, which i know is not good enough for Imperial. Have any tips? and how's your prep going? :smile:
Original post by -bethan-
Goood! :biggrin: I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine! :woo:

:biggrin: so will you
Your comebacks are too good, i can't fight back lol whether they received a lot of applicants or not, they'd be absolutely ridiculous to not take you in! :smile:

Haha what can I say? :wink: that does mean a lot :hugs: thanks :biggrin:
You might think i'm over-exaggerating, but it's honestly going really badly. I'm getting 4.something in the past papers, which i know is not good enough for Imperial. Have any tips? and how's your prep going? :smile:

I'm getting 6-7s mostly although I'm finding section 3 tough with my handwriting! (I have huge handwriting haha)
I did AS physics though which I am finding helpful :/ have you done the thinking skills papers? I found them helpful for section 1.
I'm so worried though...plus there's only 1 other person at my school doing it so we can't really get a group going :/
I'm sure we will come out of it fine, remember ukcat stress!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by mynameisntbobk
:biggrin: so will you

Haha what can I say? :wink: that does mean a lot :hugs: thanks :biggrin:

Aw well i do mean it, from the bottom of my heart :hugs:
I'm getting 6-7s mostly although I'm finding section 3 tough with my handwriting! (I have huge handwriting haha)
I did AS physics though which I am finding helpful :/ have you done the thinking skills papers? I found them helpful for section 1.
I'm so worried though...plus there's only 1 other person at my school doing it so we can't really get a group going :/
I'm sure we will come out of it fine, remember ukcat stress!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done! i'm sure you're going to do fine. I don't think handwriting would be a big problem for section 3, you can adapt yourself to that lol yh unfortunately i didn't so i am finding it unbelievably difficult. Nope i haven't, would you mind sending me the link as to where i can find them? thank you :smile: really only one other person? there are 30 of us in my school doing the BMAT lololol aaah i dno, ukcat felt like it was a lot easier than this or maybe i just don't remember because it was so far back. I hope we do well :smile:
Original post by keromedic
I thought it might not be allowed for the same reason I was warned for posting the facebook group that I created earlier this yr.

I think because the post wasn't explicitly advertising anything, I'm happy for it to stay. Thanks though! :biggrin:

Original post by Lucy96
I will do, because it's the truth :wink:

Oh and could you please add BSc Anthropology at Exeter as one of my choices for me? :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poor, deluded Lucy :no: :tongue:

Sure, done! :biggrin:

Original post by -bethan-
Mate, you what? :colonhash: :lol: Thank you! :hugs:

:sly: You're welcome :jumphug:

Original post by mynameisntbobk
Got an offer :biggrin: so happy right now

Congrats! :biggrin:

Original post by keromedic
I might start spending some time on the 12 thread (will still post here though). Just as I'll be applying the same time as them!!

Spend more time here :yep:

And send the year 12s my hatred :colone: :tongue:

Original post by Blueray2
I wish :colone:

Btw guys, i'm on 4 green gems now :lol:

Mainly from this...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=44853672#post44853672

:woo: I remember when you had three green gems, went to red gems for ages, but now have green gems again :awesome:
Original post by Blueray2
I wish :colone:

Btw guys, i'm on 4 green gems now :lol:

Mainly from this...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=44853672#post44853672

Lol I know it's not much but I finally hit 2 gems, I've been going from positive to negative back to positive and now the neg system has been removed I'm at 2 gems :biggrin:.
Original post by usycool1

Hahaha I will seek my revenge, don't you worry :ahee:

Thank you! :biggrin: I take up half of that post with my many different choices :colondollar:
Reply 5609
Finally started my personal statement, do I have to talk about the subjects I am doing for A-level?
And the reason I am doing my selected choice is because of my little sister but I can't mention that due to my aunty being the UCAS co-ordinator so anyway I can mention it without her figuring it out that's the reason?
Original post by Qari
Finally started my personal statement, do I have to talk about the subjects I am doing for A-level?
And the reason I am doing my selected choice is because of my little sister but I can't mention that due to my aunty being the UCAS co-ordinator so anyway I can mention it without her figuring it out that's the reason?

Aww good :biggrin: I did at first, but realised it wasn't massively important. I spoke about what A level Biology taught me, but that's because it helped link in my knowledge of the subject I'm applying for. I ran out of lines and so substituted it for stating my passion for the course more as well as going into further detail about my EPQ and the online course I'm doing. :biggrin: I guess if you have characters/lines spare at the end and you can't think of anything to put, you could do :smile:

Can't help with the last bit, unfortunately :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5611
Original post by Lucy96
Aww good :biggrin: I did at first, but realised it wasn't massively important. I spoke about what A level Biology taught me, but that's because it helped link in my knowledge of the subject I'm applying for. I ran out of lines and so substituted it for stating my passion for the course more as well as going into further detail about my EPQ and the online course I'm doing. :biggrin: I guess if you have characters/lines spare at the end and you can't think of anything to put, you could do :smile:

Can't help with the last bit, unfortunately :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Online Course?
I am trying to learn Spanish in my own time should I mention that?
I think because the post wasn't explicitly advertising anything, I'm happy for it to stay. Thanks though! :biggrin:

i SEE

I'll try. What's between u and the yr 12s?
Did you put don't AFM AS for me? I can't rem.
Original post by Qari
Online Course?
I am trying to learn Spanish in my own time should I mention that?

Yeah, it's with something called 'Coursera', (www.coursera.org) I'm doing one on human evolution. It's basically an undergraduate level course provided by different universities across the world. Mine is ten weeks long (they all vary in length) and you get sent lecture videos etc :smile: basically helps you learn about your chosen course in a lot of detail. Check it out, there are LOADS to choose from :h:

You could do, yes, it shows determination :smile: (I spoke about my passion for photography and linked that by saying what skills it provides me with) :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Send it yourself :wink:
Well done! i'm sure you're going to do fine. I don't think handwriting would be a big problem for section 3, you can adapt yourself to that lol yh unfortunately i didn't so i am finding it unbelievably difficult. Nope i haven't, would you mind sending me the link as to where i can find them? thank you :smile: really only one other person? there are 30 of us in my school doing the BMAT lololol aaah i dno, ukcat felt like it was a lot easier than this or maybe i just don't remember because it was so far back. I hope we do well :smile:

30! Jeepers, there are only 3 med applicants in my school and 2 BMATers haha :smile:

Sure here is the link, it is a little easier but I still found it good practice :smile:

http://www.admissionstestingservice.org/our-services/thinking-skills/tsa-cambridge/preparing-for-tsa-cambridge/

:sly: You're welcome :jumphug:

Congrats! :biggrin:

:woo: I remember when you had three green gems, went to red gems for ages, but now have green gems again :awesome:

Haha cheers, but you have always been on 7 sicne you started, tsr just reped you for making an account, thats how awesome you are :colondollar:

Original post by Dilzo999
Lol I know it's not much but I finally hit 2 gems, I've been going from positive to negative back to positive and now the neg system has been removed I'm at 2 gems :biggrin:.

Woop feels great doesn't it :biggrin:
30! Jeepers, there are only 3 med applicants in my school and 2 BMATers haha :smile:

Sure here is the link, it is a little easier but I still found it good practice :smile:

http://www.admissionstestingservice.org/our-services/thinking-skills/tsa-cambridge/preparing-for-tsa-cambridge/

Yeah, my school is full of medics (40 applicants of which 30 are doing the BMAT) lololol and thank you :smile: i really appreciate your help, i will start doing them tomo :biggrin:
Hi there.
Reply 5619
Just started a levels & got myself in a bit of a sticky situation, was wondering if anyone could give me some advice? Here's the thread : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2498168

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest