The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tasha96
First time in a long time I've been able to walk round the shops without the voices screaming at me/really bad paranoid thoughts. :smile: :woo:
Score 1 for tasha. :tongue:

PRSOM. Stop being so damn repworthy :mad:

:p:

:jumphug:

Original post by IMakeSenseToNone
XDD That aubergine shall haunt me until my deathbed.

I can just see St Paul at the pearly gates listing off my life and bellowing, "HA! You cut yourself on an aubergine!? LOSER! LOSER!" like a crazed football fan ;.; Either that or i'll get reincarnated as one.

OMG, imagine if you got reincarnated as an aubergine? :eek: :ahhhhh: :hide:

:console:

:teehee:
Hi all, not sure what to think or feel

As i said in my last few posts I have been feeling strange in the last 2 weeks basically I cannot tell if its down to restarting medication, changing weather etc.

Basically I feel more normal in the sense I am clear headed but sleeping 10 hours a day and have dry eyes and still feel a little depressed etc so I am confused that if being clear headed but low is better than low but just lying on sofa with no worries.
Reply 9622
Original post by emobambam
hello everybody.I tried to leave this post earlier but I couldn't find it.if somebody has seen this post before I'm sorry.I have MS.it's been such a struggle fighting this disease.you go days and you can't get out of bed.you have problems walking down the hallway.you constantly fall.it really hurts when your an adult and you fall.people start treating you differently.they treat you like you have some mental handicap and your stupid.everyone in my life including family has tried to take advantage of me or steal from me.I have relatives trying to steal my medication.when I first got diagnosed with MS the neurologist put me on this shot called betaseron.I have two lesions on the middle of my spine.I have one lesion on the base of my neck.I have several lesions on my brain.when the lesions on your brain become active it's like you're stuck in Allison and wonderland.a couple of mri ago.they told me the lesions on my spine and neck are not active anymore.they believe my MS was going into remission.I didn't feel like that.I was in constant pain.I had to take MRI on October 31st at 11:30 p.m..I had an MS appointment the next day at 8 a.m..I never had this doctor before but she was really sweet to me.she knew what I had been going through in my life maybe that's because I'm a college graduate.maybe she looked at me more as an equal more than as a patient.she told me she wanted to go look at my MRI from last night.her and four other the doctors went into a small room for 20 minutes.she came back into the examination room with a big smile on her face.she told me right away that I had no more active lesions on my brain.the lesions on my brain have reduced in size.the lesions on my spine and the base of my neck have disappeared.I've spent so much time thinking about death.laying down in bed and thinking about the mistakes you have made in your life,the people you have hurt.when she gave me the news I just felt like the weight of the world fell of my shoulders.if anyone out there has a loved one suffering from MS tell them to talk to the doctor about betaseron with their doctors.it is a miracle drug.another drug that has always helped me is diazepam.they give me one prescription of 30 diazapan for 3 months.it really helps my MS.thank you for listening to my crazy thoughts.posting this message has been very emotional for me but it's such a relief to be able to tell somebody my MS is in remission.if you know anybody with a MS please give them the love and support they need.it's a horrible disease.I always make a lot of typos.this is just too long to proof read.I'm sorry for all the typos.thank you for listening.I feel much better now thank you! :smile: I just wish I had somebody special in my life I could share this with

Hey. My grandmother has MS, she has done since the age of twenty. It's such good news to hear it is in remission for you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tasha96
First time in a long time I've been able to walk round the shops without the voices screaming at me/really bad paranoid thoughts. :smile: :woo:
Score 1 for tasha. :tongue:

Woo :woo: that's really great.
TW: SH/Death/ED beahviour
Rant...

Spoiler

I need to try and get on here more but with Uni, i've actually got so much better with my social anxiety. I've been taking part in societies, doing volunteer work in the community, making a bunch of wonderfully weird friends and (so far) no completely failing at life. 'Tis going much better than expected :biggrin:

Evenin' emobambam, can't say I can ever appreciate all the hell that MS causes but i've done some work experience with service users who have them. It's wonderful to hear you seem to be having positive news though :yep: Always good as well to get a doctor who feels more like a cohort than a overly paternal carer especially when everyone else treats you as different, hopefully you can get her more often. Still, you certainly seem to have a good positive attitude which is a life saver through conditions like that, so it looks like you're on a good track :pierre: El kudos.

I'm really happy your social anxiety has gotten better.I tell everybody good social skills is the most important thing you could learn in life.your post was really nice.I don't think I've ever gotten a nicer post before.it was really nice to see that big smile on that doctor face.she was truly happy for me.I really I hope I get her again too.thank you.you really made me feel good.
Original post by james1211
Hey. My grandmother has MS, she has done since the age of twenty. It's such good news to hear it is in remission for you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you that is really nice.I have received more love on here than I have from the people in my life.I'm looking at this remission as a new beginning for me. please give your grandmother my love.I know what she's gone through.I was only diagnosed four years ago.I couldn't imagine living that long with MS.do you know what medication she takes?thank you again for the nice comments :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by emobambam
I'm really happy your social anxiety has gotten better.I tell everybody good social skills is the most important thing you could learn in life.your post was really nice.I don't think I've ever gotten a nicer post before.it was really nice to see that big smile on that doctor face.she was truly happy for me.I really I hope I get her again too.thank you.you really made me feel good.
Why thank you! I guess it was such a massive shove into the deep end but I've made friends who compliment me so well that I feel more confident doing pretty much anything, even if i'm not with them. A friend who you can skip and sing Wizard of Oz down a busy road with makes the hard Uni days incredibly fun. If I thought back two years ago and thought that I would being doing volunteer work I would be freaking out every day leading up to it, whereas now I can take it in my stride rather easily, a few butterflied aside.

She sounds marvellous <3 I'm a student MH nurse so i'll have to make sure to try and adapt that same level of enthusiasm to my own practice :yep: So how have you been in and of yourself? I imagine such positive news has to be a boost to the system :biggrin:
Original post by Gemmer_
Last night was awful.
Voices were louder than usual and cried a lot. :cry:

Today is going any better.

are you feeling better now?
Why thank you! I guess it was such a massive shove into the deep end but I've made friends who compliment me so well that I feel more confident doing pretty much anything, even if i'm not with them. A friend who you can skip and sing Wizard of Oz down a busy road with makes the hard Uni days incredibly fun. If I thought back two years ago and thought that I would being doing volunteer work I would be freaking out every day leading up to it, whereas now I can take it in my stride rather easily, a few butterflied aside.
thank you you're really kind.

She sounds marvellous <3 I'm a student MH nurse so i'll have to make sure to try and adapt that same level of enthusiasm to my own practice :yep: So how have you been in and of yourself? I imagine such positive news has to be a boost to the system :biggrin:

thank you you're so kind.my big triggers are stress and physical pain.I dislocated my shoulder 12 weeks ago.when she told me that news and I saw how happy she was it made me happy.bad grammar.I'm feeling a lot less MS problems.I really do feel a lot better thank you very much.your message was very kind.
Finally got round to posting here. I haven't been diagnosed with anything, but I've started feeling really depressed since I've been on my year abroad. I constantly feel incredibly lonely-none of my classmates from uni are in the same class as me, so they're always organising things without me. I've been here for nearly three months and it hasn't got better at all! I really want to go home now, but I have to manage until the end of June next year. It honestly can't come soon enough-I can't remember crying this much in my life! :frown:
:banana2::banana2::banana2::banana2:
I need to try and get on here more but with Uni, i've actually got so much better with my social anxiety. I've been taking part in societies, doing volunteer work in the community, making a bunch of wonderfully weird friends and (so far) no completely failing at life. 'Tis going much better than expected :biggrin:

Evenin' emobambam, can't say I can ever appreciate all the hell that MS causes but i've done some work experience with service users who have them. It's wonderful to hear you seem to be having positive news though :yep: Always good as well to get a doctor who feels more like a cohort than a overly paternal carer especially when everyone else treats you as different, hopefully you can get her more often. Still, you certainly seem to have a good positive attitude which is a life saver through conditions like that, so it looks like you're on a good track :pierre: El kudos.

thank you very much. MS is a horrible disease.it's only desire is to destroy your body.it really messes with your balance.I probably fall one time a month.the worst thing is the way people treat you.they think it's a disease that affects your mental capacityi have MS but I'm a college graduate.I'm fighting the fight.I made it to remission.most my lesions are gone. I am in a lot less pain since I received the news.thank you very much.no one in my life has even asked me about it.
Original post by super_kawaii
Finally got round to posting here. I haven't been diagnosed with anything, but I've started feeling really depressed since I've been on my year abroad. I constantly feel incredibly lonely-none of my classmates from uni are in the same class as me, so they're always organising things without me. I've been here for nearly three months and it hasn't got better at all! I really want to go home now, but I have to manage until the end of June next year. It honestly can't come soon enough-I can't remember crying this much in my life! :frown:

Sorry to hear of what brings you here :frown: But welcome! Glad you found us! :h:
Reply 9633
It sounds like there could crisis talks for over the next two days. I'm kinda petrified cause I don't know what will happen as a result.
Original post by IDukem
It sounds like there could crisis talks for over the next two days. I'm kinda petrified cause I don't know what will happen as a result.

:hugs:
Reply 9635
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:hugs:

Thanks! :h:

I just can't help but feel really petrified and I don't really want these talks n'all, but it seems like I can't get out of it/need to be these talks. It's in relation to education and my well-being etc. I'm scared to be honest...really scared and I wouldn't be surprised if it's not as scary is I think it is cause my mind likes to do that with me. Now i'm rambling and everything, but to cut a long story short: I'm scared.
Original post by IDukem
Thanks! :h:

I just can't help but feel really petrified and I don't really want these talks n'all, but it seems like I can't get out of it/need to be these talks. It's in relation to education and my well-being etc. I'm scared to be honest...really scared and I wouldn't be surprised if it's not as scary is I think it is cause my mind likes to do that with me. Now i'm rambling and everything, but to cut a long story short: I'm scared.

:hugs: Well I've never had a crisis talk (largely coz I refused to deal with the crisis or home treatment teams :ninja: ) but I'm sure it will go better than you are anticipating. Remember they are on your side and trying to do the best they can for you! :console:
Reply 9637
Hello! Sorry for not posting in ages. And I am sorry this is one of the ways I always seem to start my posts :getmecoat:.

Original post by super_kawaii

Welcome, super_kawaii!

I was on my year abroad last year and it was tough for me too. In the end it was more like a routine and just getting through the days. I tried to keep busy but I only worked three days a week (I was a language assistant).

I only made one real friend and we'd meet up every week but apart form that I was alone. And working in primary school meant I was cut off from people my own age.

About your classmates, have you told them that you'd like to join them? Being abroad is generally an amazing experience for people so they probably are just not realising they are leaving you out.

Maybe organise things with people in your class? Especially the native students to practice speaking (I'm assuming you're a modern languages student?).

Are there any socials organised for Erasmus students? Find out what your university has going on and try to go.

Minus going through the year abroad generally feeling horrible, it was an amazing experience. I hope things get better and you manage to enjoy it :hugs:.
Reply 9638
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:hugs: Well I've never had a crisis talk (largely coz I refused to deal with the crisis or home treatment teams :ninja: ) but I'm sure it will go better than you are anticipating. Remember they are on your side and trying to do the best they can for you! :console:

It's not like that. What I mean by a crisis (perhaps I should use a different word) is that things have gotten really out of control for me that everything is a struggle and confusing that has in turn started to affect me and my work as I got a deadline today to upgrade an assignment and I did about 2/3s of it.(not meeting a team of people). My mum said something about going in to speak to the head etc. and explain everything and that's kinda scared me. I feel like it's probably beneficial but I don't as I don't know what to think in this state of mind.
I think they are, they know i'm not lazy and after all the work I put in last year, they know that me missing a deadline or struggling to keep up is NOT me being lazy but me having issues with something. Well...at least I hope they do :redface:

Everything is just hard and out of control.
Original post by IDukem
It's not like that. What I mean by a crisis (perhaps I should use a different word) is that things have gotten really out of control for me that everything is a struggle and confusing that has in turn started to affect me and my work as I got a deadline today to upgrade an assignment and I did about 2/3s of it.(not meeting a team of people). My mum said something about going in to speak to the head etc. and explain everything and that's kinda scared me. I feel like it's probably beneficial but I don't as I don't know what to think in this state of mind.
I think they are, they know i'm not lazy and after all the work I put in last year, they know that me missing a deadline or struggling to keep up is NOT me being lazy but me having issues with something. Well...at least I hope they do :redface:

Everything is just hard and out of control.

Oh right, my bad :facepalm: Well I think someone intervening and putting your side of the story across is very important! Don't worry - it sounds like you're usually a solid worker, so I'm sure they shouldn't come down heavy on you :hugs: Try and be kind to yourself today :yes:

Latest