The Student Room Group

The 2014 FCA Graduate Development Programme thread

I have searched the entire Internet and cannot find a single thread on the 2014 FCA grad scheme. Has anyone applied to this? How's it going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm assuming this is the Financial Conduct Authority? If so yes I applied! And I fell at the first hurdle. I didn't pass the situational judgement tests ( I always fail those things). Luckily it was the first part of the application so I didn't spend ages answering questions or anything.

Sorry I can't offer any info!

If you're like the look of the FCA grad scheme you should also look at the Financial Ombudsman Service, they hire a lot of graduates (I failed their situational judgement test too, sucksss)
Reply 2
Original post by Jelly*beans
I'm assuming this is the Financial Conduct Authority? If so yes I applied! And I fell at the first hurdle. I didn't pass the situational judgement tests ( I always fail those things). Luckily it was the first part of the application so I didn't spend ages answering questions or anything.

Sorry I can't offer any info!

If you're like the look of the FCA grad scheme you should also look at the Financial Ombudsman Service, they hire a lot of graduates (I failed their situational judgement test too, sucksss)

That sucks, you should go on assessment day or something and practice! Where is the Financial Ombudsman service grad scheme, I can't find it?
Reply 3
Original post by nb206
That sucks, you should go on assessment day or something and practice! Where is the Financial Ombudsman service grad scheme, I can't find it?

Yeah tbf I've only done 2...I should really practice. I focused so much on practicing numerical and verbal reasoning tests I completely ignored the situational ones!

Ooops sorry that was a bit misleading, they don't have a gradscheme as such but when they recruit they have a lot of opportunities for graduates, so over the summer they recruited a lot of new case workers so it's worth checking their site every now and then to see if they've got any new opportunities. I know someone who worked for them as a caseworker and someone who works in HR and it sounds like they recruit quite often
Reply 4
Original post by Jelly*beans
Yeah tbf I've only done 2...I should really practice. I focused so much on practicing numerical and verbal reasoning tests I completely ignored the situational ones!

Ooops sorry that was a bit misleading, they don't have a gradscheme as such but when they recruit they have a lot of opportunities for graduates, so over the summer they recruited a lot of new case workers so it's worth checking their site every now and then to see if they've got any new opportunities. I know someone who worked for them as a caseworker and someone who works in HR and it sounds like they recruit quite often

Ahh right fair enough, thanks a lot I will! Do you have any idea when they recruit for Autumn 2014 or will it be a lot closer to the date?
Reply 5
Hey, i'm also thinking of applying. How did your application go?
Reply 6
I am waiting for then to get back to me on the motivation questions, so just a waiting game at the moment!
Im applying too! what area r u interested in? im interested in policy risk and research... something like that haha. will do the situational tomorrow, after revising a bit, lol, dont want to fail that one >.<
Reply 8
Original post by artykreaper1
Im applying too! what area r u interested in? im interested in policy risk and research... something like that haha. will do the situational tomorrow, after revising a bit, lol, dont want to fail that one >.<

I am interested in insider trading and financial fraud. I have a telephone interview next week, does anyone have any experience of this?
Reply 9
Hi Guys I've applied for the 2014 Grad Scheme, and have been invited to complete an online further assessment, any idea what that is? I've already done a situational judgement test.
Reply 10
Yes mate its a numerical test and logical. 20 questions in 20 minutes for the numerical and I can't remember for the logical but there's quite a lot of questions
I've just had and passed my telephone interview, so onwards to assessment centre stage. I have to say that the website seems a little broken, though...
Reply 12
Hi mate could you give me any examples of questions they gave you? I have my phone interview next week and I could really some Idea of what they ask!
Reply 13
how long did it take for the FCA to get back to you after the motivational questions
Reply 14
Original post by f908
how long did it take for the FCA to get back to you after the motivational questions

About a week?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by history_geek
I've just had and passed my telephone interview, so onwards to assessment centre stage. I have to say that the website seems a little broken, though...

Any examples of questions they asked you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Phone interview next week! Does anybody know if there are one or two assessment centres after this stage?
Reply 17
Original post by Individual
Phone interview next week! Does anybody know if there are one or two assessment centres after this stage?

How long after you submitted the application questions did they get back to you with a telephone interview invite ?
Original post by robapoel
Hi Guys I've applied for the 2014 Grad Scheme, and have been invited to complete an online further assessment, any idea what that is? I've already done a situational judgement test.

Was that after the motivational questions? Just done the SJT and been asked to do the motivational questions but don't know if that means I've passed the SJT or not :confused:
Reply 19
I have also received 4 motivational questions after SJT. I think this does not mean that you passed SJT. It is just a final part of application form. My email starts with this:

FCA - Invitation to complete final part of application form

Thank you for taking the time to complete the online situational judgement test. In order for us to find out more about you and your career aspirations, we would now like invite you to complete the following questions...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending