The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Oh wow, sounds like it was all going on at your parish :eek: Good on the current vicar for sticking two fingers up at that guy :yep:

The joys of everyone knowing everything about everyone :s-smilie:
Yeah hes a cool guy aswell is the new vicar :yep: the funny thing was all the young people that went didnt care and neither did all there parents or the lass that actually ran the sessions haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PonchoKid
the funny thing was all the young people that went didnt care and neither did all there parents or the lass that actually ran the sessions haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

:h:
Paranoia setting in. :frown: Fireworks doing nothing for my nerves. :cry2:
Original post by tasha96
Paranoia setting in. :frown: Fireworks doing nothing for my nerves. :cry2:

:console:
Reply 9724
Original post by sunfowers01
Anyone on mirtazapine? Don't know if I've spelt that right? Currently on paroxetine and I'm worried.

I've been on it around 7 months now so I probably need to get my medication reviewed next time I'm home. It completely knocked me out for the first couple of days of taking it; that wore off though. Didn't have any of the weight/appetite side-effects that it's known for at all so that seems to be very individualistic.

It's brilliant for sleeping though if you're feeling okay. Doesn't do much if you're really low but even 7 months in; it's still got its sedative aspect of making me sleepy an hour or so after taking it. Also the higher the dosage you take: the lower the sedative nature of it too? Which is something to take into account too.
Reply 9725
Hiya, everyone :-)

I've just came across this website and forum and its the only one I"ve seen where its genuine lovely people!

So yeah! Just wanted to say hello :redface:
Meant to be playing hockey in a few hours, I can't stop thinking of excuses which would get me out of it. I hate being such a massive wimp, I really do. My anxiety runs my life and I'm sick of it. I'm trying to get over it with CBT but I'm obviously not trying hard enough.
Original post by Gee96

I've just came across this website and forum and its the only one I"ve seen where its genuine lovely people!

:hat2: Hey, yeah people here are generally pretty friendly.

How's it going?
Reply 9728
Original post by Sabertooth
:hat2: Hey, yeah people here are generally pretty friendly.

How's it going?

I've noticed, everybody seems lovely! Things are okay, doing my normal by saying I'll have an early night and spend all night on the internet, grr :-(

But apart from that, I'm doing okay! Yourself?
:tongue:
Original post by Gee96
I've noticed, everybody seems lovely! Things are okay, doing my normal by saying I'll have an early night and spend all night on the internet, grr :-(

But apart from that, I'm doing okay! Yourself?
:tongue:

Glad to hear things are going ok for you. I know what you mean about spending all night on the internet, done that way too many times myself :colondollar:

I'm in a bit of a rut tbh, I hate that I have really bad social anxiety and that it stops me doing stuff I enjoy. Guess I should probably be used to it by now. :/
I can't even keep liquids down :frown:
Tonight seems to be the night for telling people I think my depression's coming back. Not really sure what to do about it. Seeing some random GP on Friday though.

Original post by Gee96

Welcome to the society. :smile:

Meant to be playing hockey in a few hours, I can't stop thinking of excuses which would get me out of it. I hate being such a massive wimp, I really do. My anxiety runs my life and I'm sick of it. I'm trying to get over it with CBT but I'm obviously not trying hard enough.

:hugs: You usually seem to enjoy it ok once you're out there, so maybe think about the positive reasons why you play hockey, and don't focus so much on finding fault with yourself. And I know you try really hard with things, but willpower alone isn't going to make you feel better - keep at it with the CBT, but try not to get frustrated if you don't see immediate results.
Reply 9732
Hmm no idea why that went back to being anon :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
I can't even keep liquids down :frown:

:console: You have my sympathy, I remember how horrendous the fluoxetine experience was.

If you post anon once in a thread, it keeps posting as anon unless you untick the box.
Original post by superwolf
Tonight seems to be the night for telling people I think my depression's coming back. Not really sure what to do about it. Seeing some random GP on Friday though.

Oh no. :frown: :hugs: That's awful. What are your options do you think? Increase abilify?

T:hugs: You usually seem to enjoy it ok once you're out there, so maybe think about the positive reasons why you play hockey, and don't focus so much on finding fault with yourself. And I know you try really hard with things, but willpower alone isn't going to make you feel better - keep at it with the CBT, but try not to get frustrated if you don't see immediate results.

I do enjoy it, it's the highlight of my week, just I dunno I can't even rationalize what I'm so scared of. It makes no sense for something which I enjoy so much to cause me such mental anguish.
Reply 9735
:console: You have my sympathy, I remember how horrendous the fluoxetine experience was.

If you post anon once in a thread, it keeps posting as anon unless you untick the box.

Thanks :smile: this is awful, hopefully after the first week it won't be this bad. Ironically he told me this one wasn't so bad for side effects!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh no. :frown: :hugs: That's awful. What are your options do you think? Increase abilify?

I do enjoy it, it's the highlight of my week, just I dunno I can't even rationalize what I'm so scared of. It makes no sense for something which I enjoy so much to cause me such mental anguish.

I guess. Not seeing a psychiatrist at the moment, and I don't know to what extent the GP will be willing to mess with my meds. Am maxed out on the clomipramine, and I dunno what else can be done really. I've been eating and sleeping properly, exercising and all that, so yeah... not much to be done on that front.

Hope you make it along tonight and enjoy yourself - do you think maybe it's because you enjoy hockey so much that your evil brain decides to sabotage things? :tongue:
Reply 9737
Glad to hear things are going ok for you. I know what you mean about spending all night on the internet, done that way too many times myself :colondollar:

I'm in a bit of a rut tbh, I hate that I have really bad social anxiety and that it stops me doing stuff I enjoy. Guess I should probably be used to it by now. :/

Thanks! Well I'm still waiting for help for my mental health problems, been on it (waiting list) for months when I got told I'd be seen in just a few days.. Really annoying actually, asking for help seems a lot easier than actually getting it, I'm probably just really impatient though, haha! I don't know how that would feel having that :-( at least you can talk to people here, that's better than nothing, hope you feel better soon! Do you see anyone for any sort of help? :colondollar:
Reply 9738

Welcome to the society. :smile:

Thankyou! Still trying to work this but sure I'll get there:colondollar:
I guess. Not seeing a psychiatrist at the moment, and I don't know to what extent the GP will be willing to mess with my meds. Am maxed out on the clomipramine, and I dunno what else can be done really. I've been eating and sleeping properly, exercising and all that, so yeah... not much to be done on that front.

Hope you make it along tonight and enjoy yourself - do you think maybe it's because you enjoy hockey so much that your evil brain decides to sabotage things? :tongue:

I can imagine them referring you then you having to wait months, let's hope that doesn't happen. Have you seen this GP before? I'm so sorry to hear how things are getting worse for you. Have you tried duloxetine? I keep seeing ads for that and it seems to make the people on tv happier :tongue: Other than that, I'm not really sure what you can do you seem to be doing all the right things. How much exercise are you actually getting? You should see if you can get on a ketamine trial, I think you're exactly the kind of person they'd be looking for.

I don't think I can go tonight my latest excuse is the blister from my dr martens. :colondollar:

Original post by Gee96
Thanks! Well I'm still waiting for help for my mental health problems, been on it (waiting list) for months when I got told I'd be seen in just a few days.. Really annoying actually, asking for help seems a lot easier than actually getting it, I'm probably just really impatient though, haha! I don't know how that would feel having that :-( at least you can talk to people here, that's better than nothing, hope you feel better soon! Do you see anyone for any sort of help? :colondollar:

The waiting lists in Britain can be absolutely ridiculous. I waited 6 months to see someone when I started crashing again. I don't think you're being impatient, mental health problems can get a lot worse if left to fester so it seems reasonable that you want to see someone sooner rather than later.

Yeah I see a psychiatrist and psychologist. Doing CBT with the psychologist to try and address my social anxiety. You're right, it's great I can talk to people here, I don't know what I'd do otherwise. :colondollar:

Latest