The Student Room Group

It's going to get very cold, quite soon - are you prepared?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by techno-thriller
No, close to London.

Really? I'm in central London and it's not that cold yet, although it isn't warm either.

I wonder if it will snow in London again this year? Maybe, if we're in for a cold spell.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Really? I'm in central London and it's not that cold yet, although it isn't warm either.

I wonder if it will snow in London again this year? Maybe, if we're in for a cold spell.

I live an hour away from central London and it's freezing! really hope it doesn't snow anytime soon..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by InnerTemple
Voice mail?! You're on number exchanging terms with FOS?! :eek:

Ahh, you aren't on the secret '0800-FOS' phone list then? One day, one day. :colone:

Original post by InnerTemple

Bah humbug to the snow and to the people who like it. Bah humbug.

Ooo, that's a little curmudgeonly of you. :shakecane: I take it you don't enjoy chucking a snowball? :sad: Still, it's understandable if your commute becomes very difficult. :yep:
Temperatures are going to PLUNGE according to the media, from Monday and for several weeks. :afraid:
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/nov/17/scotland-snow-uk-weather

It will fall as low as 3 degrees in many areas and there may even be snow over northern hills. :excited:

Are you ready for this extreme weather?

Are you nonchalant? :flute: Will you be huddling up? :grouphugs:

Things you will need.

* Shovels, grit, warm gloves and warm coat

* Husky team - public transport generally halts after the first flurry of snow

* Extra supplies of milk and digestives :cookie:

* Large selection of DVDs - it will be impossible to leave home :couchpotato:

******* YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED *********

This was a TSR public service announcement. Do not engage in unnecessary panic. Engage in necessary panic.

As low as three degrees? We had -2 already! My school always stays open though, unfortunately, even when all the buses are cancelled...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Temperatures are going to PLUNGE according to the media, from Monday and for several weeks. :afraid:
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/nov/17/scotland-snow-uk-weather

It will fall as low as 3 degrees in many areas and there may even be snow over northern hills. :excited:

Are you ready for this extreme weather?

Are you nonchalant? :flute: Will you be huddling up? :grouphugs:

Things you will need.

* Shovels, grit, warm gloves and warm coat

* Husky team - public transport generally halts after the first flurry of snow

* Extra supplies of milk and digestives :cookie:

* Large selection of DVDs - it will be impossible to leave home :couchpotato:

******* YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED *********

This was a TSR public service announcement. Do not engage in unnecessary panic. Engage in necessary panic.

Is this like the time you posted about how there's going to be a huge storm, and all that happened was a tree fell over in Devon. If so, then yeah, i'm more than well prepared.
Original post by bigwhalegambler
Is this like the time you posted about how there's going to be a huge storm, and all that happened was a tree fell over in Devon. If so, then yeah, i'm more than well prepared.

I thought things were pretty stormy in Devon? :confused:
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Having lived through 20 English winters is preparation enough wouldn't you say?! I mean, come on, how much worse can it get? :lol:

Some of us are younger/spent time abroad :tongue:
It could get colder.
Ahh, you aren't on the secret '0800-FOS' phone list then? One day, one day. :colone:

I would have thought I'd be first (or at least near the top... 8th maybe?) on the list. Alas...

Fullofsurprises
Ooo, that's a little curmudgeonly of you. :shakecane: I take it you don't enjoy chucking a snowball? :sad: Still, it's understandable if your commute becomes very difficult. :yep:

Sundays are my grumpy day. A day of thick jumpers and just sitting down being grumpy - gets it out of my system before Monday, you see.

I wish it was just throwing a snowball though. That would be ok, if snow was just something that lasted for a while so we could have a bit of fun. But snow lingers. For days afterwards it will be there, waiting for you slip on it, or freezing so that things like trains stop working.

I have some time booked off over Christmas - it can snow all it likes then. So long as it is gone by the 4th January, I'll be slightly less grumpy.

I thought things were pretty stormy in Devon? :confused:

I was in Devon during the storm - hardly noticed a thing!
If it does snow in the south east, I hope Uni closes for a few days until it clears - the route to Uni involves a lot of hills the car may not be able to handle...
Original post by furryface12
As low as three degrees? We had -2 already! My school always stays open though, unfortunately, even when all the buses are cancelled...

Posted from TSR Mobile

wow. my college closes when there's lots of snow due to the tons of hills we have, it's impossible to walk to certain areas if buses are canceled (well it'd take hrs)
Reply 50
Oh no! The cold weather is coming! How will we cope? You have worse things to worry about than cold weather...
Original post by thoyub
Oh no! The cold weather is coming! How will we cope? You have worse things to worry about than cold weather...

E.g. the Yeti :afraid:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 52
Original post by placenta medicae talpae
And the apocalypse, ahem ahem.

Apparently a professor of genetics at Oxford has demonstrated that the Yeti are in fact polar bear / brown bear crosses. Not as exciting as a genuine Abominable Snowman, sigh.
(edited 10 years ago)
Apparently a professor of genetics at Oxford has demonstrated that the Yeti are in fact polar bear / black bear crosses.

I'll believe that when I see it.
G'wan :poke:
I'll believe that when I see it.
G'wan :poke:

You obviously didn't watch the recent C4 'Bigfoot Files' series - it was very good. The Prof obtained samples from numerous Bigfoot/Yeti/Sasquatch fans, things like hair samples, alleged blood, footprint traces, etc.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-10-17/the-yeti-bigfoot-fabled-monster-is-actually-just-a-massive-polar-bear-oxford-geneticist-claims
You obviously didn't watch the recent C4 'Bigfoot Files' series - it was very good.

Please accept my apologies :ashamed2:
Please accept my apologies :ashamed2:

I do, I do! :biggrin:

I always wanted there to be Yetis - I used to search for their big footprints in the snow on holidays to mountainous places when I was old enough to have heard of them but not old enough to get cynical. I was sad not to find any.
I do, I do! :biggrin:

And please accept a hug too ... y'know, to keep warm ... :colone:
And please accept a hug too ... y'know, to keep warm ... :colone:

I want a Yeti to hug! Please find one for me.

Quick Reply

Latest