The Student Room Group

Woman who posted on twitter about knocking a cyclist over - Found guilty

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GottaLovePhysics! :)
People really hate cyclists. Especially taxi drivers, some of them will purposely push you into other cars for their own amusement.

Then cycle in a prominent road position so they can't do it.

But to be fair. As a motorist and a cyclist I try and see both sides. I'm forever getting annoyed with Cyclists who weave in and out of traffic and go through red lights. Quite a few times cyclists bring a lot of it on themselves.
What a piece of scum
The only thing dumber than leaving the scene right afterwards is then boasting about it on social media. Dopey mare.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-25000788

Way refused to comment as she left court, saying she had signed an exclusive television deal

is she going to be the next star of reality TV lol

how much do you bet she turns up on I'm a celeb
Original post by InnerTemple
The other side have lawyers too.

In a way yes, just stating my own opinion.

Miss Way claims that the cyclist was to blame for the accident. Clearly the magistrates thought that having heard the evidence, there was reasonable doubt that the accident was caused by her driving at a lower standard than was to be expected.

I would agree that this seems to be the case here.

The fact that she failed to stop and report the accident has to be considered separately.

True.

Silly girl - who was to blame for the accident is unclear so I won't critique her driving (as so many are doing, despite her being acquitted on the due care charge...).

Trial by media? :tongue:

But to drive off and then tweet about it is foolish.

Yeah, don't know which part of her actions is more stupid.
She's only sorry she got caught and about her Twitter post, she's not sorry about actually knocking the poor guy on the bike over. Idiot, I'm glad she lost her job and got 7 points for it, but can't fathom why she didn't get found guilty for the dangerous driving charge.
What a complete halfwit parody of a thinking human being. :biggrin:
Original post by SpicyStrawberry
She's only sorry she got caught and about her Twitter post, she's not sorry about actually knocking the poor guy on the bike over. Idiot, I'm glad she lost her job and got 7 points for it, but can't fathom why she didn't get found guilty for the dangerous driving charge.

I would think that without any substantial physical evidence such as tyre marks, CCTV/dash-cam footage, or witness statements, it would be more difficult for the charges to stick, as the defense would have effectively countered any arguments they had.
Original post by Sgt.Incontro
I would think that without any substantial physical evidence such as tyre marks, CCTV/dash-cam footage, or witness statements, it would be more difficult for the charges to stick, as the defense would have effectively countered any arguments they had.

It didn't help her case that she admitted hitting somebody, that is to say was involved in a Road traffic Collison and then drove off. The act of driving off is in itself a crime, so when it comes to one persons word against the other, the person that has fled the scene tends to not be listened to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending