The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Hey everyone, seen that a couple of people have applied for the same course as me, International Management with American Business Studies! I was wondering if anyone knows if they interview as a general rule, as I have non-traditional qualifications.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 721
Original post by aliakhan
I got an offer for Law LLB too!! Finally- now i have both of my offers from UoM for Law(AAA) and Law with Criminology(ABB) im definetly going to firm the Law offer now :colondollar::mmm::yep: how about yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done man, and I'm still waiting for Durham which will be my firm but if I don't get it then Bristol will be my firm.
Original post by RunningInHeels
Manchester uni is really city based isn't it?

It's about a mile away from the city centre, so it's definitely in the thick of it, but all the buildings are quite close together, so I like to think of it as being an open campus within the city. Some people have visions of a city campus meaning having to travel 5 miles between lectures, but that isn't what happens at all. The only real distinguishing factor that I can find between a city uni and a campus uni is whether or not outside traffic & people normally pass through - on that basis, Manchester is a city uni.

Original post by FlyHigh_er
:biggrin: I met someone at the open day/interview that lived there too, she recommended it. I had heard it was the party house.

It's a lot of fun, and it does have a reputation for partying, but that doesn't mean that you can't do your work too :wink:

Original post by Winstanley
Hey everyone, seen that a couple of people have applied for the same course as me, International Management with American Business Studies! I was wondering if anyone knows if they interview as a general rule, as I have non-traditional qualifications.

Manchester Business School (your department) doesn't tend to interview, but they can still choose to interview individual students, especially if they have non-traditional qualifications (e.g. if you're a mature student). They may not interview you though.
Reply 723
anybody applied for Chemistry with international study? if so have you heard anything back yet?
Original post by ChemApp
anybody applied for Chemistry with international study? if so have you heard anything back yet?

Welcome to TSR :party:

There's a list of people who have received interviews and offers for chemistry on the first page of this thread :smile:
Original post by iano101
Well done man, and I'm still waiting for Durham which will be my firm but if I don't get it then Bristol will be my firm.

I got an offer for Manchester today. I am feeling the same way as you about it. Bristol is my firm until I hear from Durham.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 726
Original post by ItsJustMe17
Hey has anyone got an invitation for an applicant day for law? Just wondering because I haven't received one...

I havent got one either- i think we will have to wait untill we have firmed UoM as our first choice?:colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 727
Original post by iano101

Aww thanks btw- im a lady:colondollar: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 728
Aww thanks btw- im a lady:colondollar: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

my badd:wink:
Reply 729
Hey everyone, I got a conditional offer today for International Business, Finance and Economics (AAB) and it's my first choice as well! Feeling chuffed:h:
Reply 730
Original post by iano101
my badd:wink:

Its fine - from looking at ur profile pic i noticed that its mike from suits :colondollar: its an awesome show !! What career do u want at the end of ur law degree?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 731
Yeah it is aha! I love Suits so muchh, and not sure between solicitor or barrister yet, how about yourself?
Reply 732
Original post by iano101
Yeah it is aha! I love Suits so muchh, and not sure between solicitor or barrister yet, how about yourself?

Ahh mine is a lil ambitious buh hey what the heck! I want to become a solicitor workin at a magic circle law firm maybe Clifford Chance or Slaughter &May because i like the way they work (if that makes any sense?) also i want to travel around the world too (sounds lame buh :colondollar: ) hence i can do that if i join a international firm.:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 733
Original post by Beths_7
Hello, fellow chemistry applicant here! I've applied for straight chemistry mchem, I haven't heard anything either! :frown: all this waiting is killing me haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

me too i applied 2 weeks ago, how long ago did you apply? wonder how much longer we will have to wait!! do you have any offers?
Reply 734
Ahh mine is a lil ambitious buh hey what the heck! I want to become a solicitor workin at a magic circle law firm maybe Clifford Chance or Slaughter &May because i like the way they work (if that makes any sense?) also i want to travel around the world too (sounds lame buh :colondollar: ) hence i can do that if i join a international firm.:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am all for aspirations and if i choose the solicitor path it will be in a similar path hoping to be at a magic circle firm likewise.
Interview for Geography on January 15th.

Absolutely terrified about the interview but regardless of whether I get in or not, it's good to have the experience of a university interview. Pretty pleased there's a campus tour and taster lecture included too - makes it worth coming up from London for!
Reply 736
Original post by Beths_7
I sent mine off on the 11th, I really just want to know one way it the other now!! Yep I have an offer from Liverpool and an interview at Bristol, what about you? I also applied to imperial and bath :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

me too! i have an offer from Liverpool also and Queen Mary, now awaiting Manchester, UCL and Kings :boring:
Reply 737
Original post by iano101
I am all for aspirations and if i choose the solicitor path it will be in a similar path hoping to be at a magic circle firm likewise.

Awww which firm wud u like to work at - aspiration wise? :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 738
Original post by Beths_7
Hello, fellow chemistry applicant here! I've applied for straight chemistry mchem, I haven't heard anything either! :frown: all this waiting is killing me haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I have applied for the BSc for Chemistry and haven't heard anything either :/ really want to go here too!
Reply 739
I contacted Uni of Manchester recently asking about when I could expect to recieve a decision (I applied mid September), I was told tutors take longer when looking at adults returning to education applications (Mature students).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending