The Student Room Group

The Official How I Met Your Mother Society...

Scroll to see replies

the mother
Wow this thread is active
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Wow this thread is active

Series has finished until Autumn.
Original post by Rakas21
Series has finished until Autumn.

Yeah I know.....
Reply 1044
Well if we want a more active thread, here's a point of discussion.

Spoiler

Reply 1045
Original post by Bord3r
Well if we want a more active thread, here's a point of discussion.

Spoiler

I think that's how it is meant to work. I think it will piss me off no end.
Don't see how that would work at all. I don't mind a couple of flash forwards but if virtually the whole season is a flash forward then.....
Never used to watch this... HOOKED!
Reply 1048
CBS Moving Forward With ‘How I Met Your Dad’

The “How I Met Your Mother” spinoff at CBS has begun to take serious shape, as the Eye has handed the project a pilot production commitment.

In late October, news broke that CBS was in talks with 20th Century Fox TV for a spinoff that had a femme perspective, but a deal had yet to be secured. Social media quickly weighed in on the “How I Met Your Dad” concept, with many fans of the show delighting in more “HIMYM”-like material, given that the comedy is set to end after its current ninth season. Others, however, groaned and questioned the necessity of such a spinoff.

Nevertheless, “How I Met Your Dad” is moving forward, with “HIMYM” creators Craig Thomas and Carter Bays writing and exec producing with “Up All Night” creator Emily Spivey. 20th, the studio behind “HIMYM,” will produce.

Comedy is dubbed a kindred spirit of “HIMYM,” and tells that story from a female point of view. The story will be brand new, with new characters and a new voice at its center.

“HIMYM” returned for its ninth season in September, and is performing strongly for the Eye on Monday nights, even recently beating out its NBC competitor “The Voice” in key demo adults 18-49.

http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/cbs-moving-forward-with-how-i-met-your-dad-1200838992/

Been a long time since I've watched HIMYM, how good was the last season?
Original post by Deshi
CBS Moving Forward With ‘How I Met Your Dad’

http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/cbs-moving-forward-with-how-i-met-your-dad-1200838992/

Been a long time since I've watched HIMYM, how good was the last season?

I missed the last two episodes but it's seriously grating so far. I'm 7 episodes in and they still haven't finished with Barney and Robin's wedding. We know who the mother is but Ted and her haven't met yet. Typical HIMYM. You'd think by now they'd stop being pricks about it.
Original post by alexs2602
I missed the last two episodes but it's seriously grating so far. I'm 7 episodes in and they still haven't finished with Barney and Robin's wedding. We know who the mother is but Ted and her haven't met yet. Typical HIMYM. You'd think by now they'd stop being pricks about it.

Apparently the wedding weekend is the whole season, so the actual wedding is probably going to be over several episodes at the end of the season... I agree it's definitely been grating. I'll keep watching it but simply because I feel like we've got so far, I want to see it through. I don't really care any more :p: I'm also a little suspicious that they might not even show the moment when the two actually meet...
Original post by Feefifofum
Apparently the wedding weekend is the whole season, so the actual wedding is probably going to be over several episodes at the end of the season... I agree it's definitely been grating. I'll keep watching it but simply because I feel like we've got so far, I want to see it through. I don't really care any more :p: I'm also a little suspicious that they might not even show the moment when the two actually meet...

I hope the writers of HIMYM die a slow painful death. They build and build and build the story up only to make the ending not worth the wait. Surely the whole point was to see how perfect the Ted and the mum were together. If we don't see that then it's going to be very unsatisfying.
I just found the best thread ever. Hi!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nobody asked you patrice!
Guys guys guys the last episode was not so good. When will it get good? They've stretched out this wedding far too long.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1055
Original post by RunningInHeels
Guys guys guys the last episode was not so good. When will it get good? They've stretched out this wedding far too long.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Get ready for another 12 episodes or whatever it is. As the entire season is the wedding weekend.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Christ almighty...

Posted from TSR Mobile
how i met your mother gained so much popularity at the start but now its all going to waste with the way they have unnecessarily dragged the show
Original post by muf_mur
how i met your mother gained so much popularity at the start but now its all going to waste with the way they have unnecessarily dragged the show

Series 1-4 and 6 were brilliant. Series 5 was just poor and series 7, 8 and 9 have been rather average but watchable for the continuation.
Original post by The Rusty Spork
Get ready for another 12 episodes or whatever it is. As the entire season is the wedding weekend.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just want Ted to meet the mother and then lots of cute scenes between them. Not these flashforwards etc. We don't even know her name!!@

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest