The Student Room Group

Cambridge Chemistry Challenge

Scroll to see replies

Silver is killing me :frown:
Reply 1881
Original post by HappyCheesecake
Well, copper is causing me a lot of pain. Doesn't help that it's the middle of the night either... :s-smilie:

if i could find the amount of energy required to heat 1kg of air i would be able to do it :P it really is to late/early to do this -.-
Original post by SnA_JPH
if i could find the amount of energy required to heat 1kg of air i would be able to do it :P it really is to late/early to do this -.-

I've gone as far as deciphering that the volume of the room is 150m3. Other than that I'm lost. Can't believe that someone has already completed it :eek:
Reply 1883
I've gone as far as deciphering that the volume of the room is 150m3. Other than that I'm lost. Can't believe that someone has already completed it :eek:
4 somebodies actually :eek:
Original post by SnA_JPH
4 somebodies actually :eek:

I know right? I'm a little jealous to be honest :smile: If this is how hard copper is, I hate to think how hard the rest are...
Reply 1885
I know right? I'm a little jealous to be honest :smile: If this is how hard copper is, I hate to think how hard the rest are...

plus there is the fact that no matter what i do the answer is wrong :mad: its frustrating... but i will get it eventually... still... i cant understand how you are meant to work this out :s-smilie:
Original post by SnA_JPH
plus there is the fact that no matter what i do the answer is wrong :mad: its frustrating... but i will get it eventually... still... i cant understand how you are meant to work this out :s-smilie:

I find it frustrating too - chemistry calculations aren't my strong point either, so I might have to sleep it out and try again tomorrow. It will get to the point though where I will get distracted by this and not do any schoolwork, haha.
Reply 1887
I find it frustrating too - chemistry calculations aren't my strong point either, so I might have to sleep it out and try again tomorrow. It will get to the point though where I will get distracted by this and not do any schoolwork, haha.

yeah haha but it would be awesome to do it in the first few hours though... i think im close to doing copper though :biggrin:
anybody on gold?
Original post by SnA_JPH
yeah haha but it would be awesome to do it in the first few hours though... i think im close to doing copper though :biggrin:

I know, I want to have that sense of achievement :smile: Good luck with trying to complete it, I might stay up for another hour then just leave it for tomorrow if there's no progress.
Reply 1890
Original post by gmseahorse
anybody on gold?
nope still on copper :P any tips?
Rg is fiendish! :frown:
Reply 1892
i really an stuck on copper for this months challenge :/ i actually have no idea what i am doing :frown: has anybody got any tips for me?
Reply 1893
Original post by Doctor Feelgood
Rg is fiendish! :frown:
ah man can i please get a hint for copper :frown: tearing my hair out here :P
Any luck on gold?
Reply 1895
YES!!! now onto silver :biggrin:
Reply 1896
okay what is silver going on about 0_o it makes absolutely no sense to me
help please. im stuck on copper
Original post by SnA_JPH
okay what is silver going on about 0_o it makes absolutely no sense to me

copper? im stuck help please
Reply 1899
Original post by rdmchill
help please. im stuck on copper
find the energy required to heat 150 cubic metres of air by 10 degrees c, than find the volume of Methane required to get that value :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest