The Student Room Group

Primary Education at university 2014

Hey I am just wondering who is doing Primary Education at university in September 2014? What A Levels are you doing, what universities are you applying for? Have you done your QTS test yet how are you revising for it and when are you doing it? Are you doing early or later years?
Reply 1
Hello,

I have applied to: Winchester, Roehampton, Brighton, Reading and Plymouth!- Alevels: history, engish, psychology and Business (predicted- ABBB)- my ucas however, only got sent off today :frown:

What about youu?
Reply 3
Helloo! I'm not doing A Levels, I'm doing CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education predicted grade B/A, I've applied for: Edge Hill and Sheffield Hallam for Early Years Education and Liverpool John Moores, Bangor and Manchester Metropolitan for Primary Education. So far I have interview offers for Edge Hill and LJMU. I have registered with QTS but haven't booked it yet, I'm fine with the English one as it's my best subject but I've purchased a Maths QTS book guide to help me because I'm useless with mental arithmetic :frown: haha
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymousgirll
Hey I am just wondering who is doing Primary Education at university in September 2014? What A Levels are you doing, what universities are you applying for? Have you done your QTS test yet how are you revising for it and when are you doing it? Are you doing early or later years?

Hi I am planning to do Primary teaching too I am studying AS biology, A2 psychology and A2 sociology. I haven't done my QTS and I would like to go to Liverpool Hope University, Edgehill University and Chester University
Reply 5
Original post by Morwennajames
Hello,

I have applied to: Winchester, Roehampton, Brighton, Reading and Plymouth!- Alevels: history, engish, psychology and Business (predicted- ABBB)- my ucas however, only got sent off today :frown:

What about youu?

Hey is that for primary education I haven't applied for any of them unis mine are Liverpool John Moores Leeds trinity Oxford brooks and UWE Bristol got an interview for Liverpool

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Beckyy18
Helloo! I'm not doing A Levels, I'm doing CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education predicted grade B/A, I've applied for: Edge Hill and Sheffield Hallam for Early Years Education and Liverpool John Moores, Bangor and Manchester Metropolitan for Primary Education. So far I have interview offers for Edge Hill and LJMU. I have registered with QTS but haven't booked it yet, I'm fine with the English one as it's my best subject but I've purchased a Maths QTS book guide to help me because I'm useless with mental arithmetic :frown: haha

Hey I have just replied to your comment on the other thread when is your interview for Liverpool I think I will have to get a book and stuff too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Hey I have just replied to your comment on the other thread when is your interview for Liverpool I think I will have to get a book and stuff too

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mines on 12th February, still no idea what I should do for it so I'll probably just raid the bookshelf at my placement or ask the teachers haha
Reply 8

This is the course I am doing at college also and I'm hoping to attend university for primary education at sunderland or Northumbria university. I have been invited for an interview at both just hope I do well in these extended essays to get me the ucas points.
Yeah it is, got an interview for roehampton for January which is one i really want to go to so fingers crossed! well done on the liverpool one, have you attempted your skills test yet, im finding it so hard? so weird we havent applied to any of the same :smile: ha xxx
Posted from TSR Mobile
Mines on 12th February, still no idea what I should do for it so I'll probably just raid the bookshelf at my placement or ask the teachers haha

Same is it at 9? I am going to buy the books

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Hey :smile:

I've applied for Manchester Metropolitan University, Liverpool John Moores, Birmingham City, Bradford College & Stramillis in Belfast. Im doing Biology, Health & Social and Drama, and i havent done my QTS test yet but i have bought the books lol ive got 2 interviews in January and ive been declined from bradford lol how about you?
Hi,
I have applied to Edge Hill, Liverpool Hope, Reading, Sheffield Hallam, and Chester. Have received interviews for the first 3 already and only sent application off last week. I have booked my skills tests for January because some places like you to ave done them before going to interview and it will give me over Christmas to revise and wont have to stress when i have other exams to revise for. the subjects i do it Maths, Psychology and Music. I have also completed English Literature/Language A Level.
Reply 13

hey :smile: Iv applied for Primary education (later years) to Winchester, Worchester and Canterbury Christ Church, I have also applied for Education in Southampton University. Currently im doing a BTEC in Childrens play learning and development predicated DDD :smile: I have already done and passed my skills test, I didn't use the online sites though as the questions were so much harder than the actual test!
Reply 14

Hey, I've applied for primary teaching (later years) at Canterbury Christ Church, Reading and Winchester. And I've passed both my skills tests :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
I have just got a place at Sunderland University on a Primary Education Degree, it's a conditional offer on the grounds I can pass these awful skills tests in time!
I've applied for Plymouth, Brighton, Edge Hill, Hertfordshire and CCCU but made my form choice as Plymouth :smile: anyone else ?
I've accepted wolverhampton as my firm choice. passed both qts tests and currently studying a btec extended diploma in health sciences predicted D*D*D*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest