The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lucy96
Well, parents evening is going to be fun next week. Not :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine too! :biggrin:
Original post by furryface12
Already had mine :tongue: Actually, my biggest problem turned out to be trying to get my parents to shut up and let the teachers say something... :rolleyes:

Hahaha aww! :tongue: guessing you got good feedback though? :h:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Mine too! :biggrin:

Ahaha I'm sure yours will be :tongue: my English teachers basically admitted they're going to be horrible! Though I don't think it can be any worse than the one I got from them last year :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucy96

Ahaha I'm sure yours will be :tongue: my English teachers basically admitted they're going to be horrible! Though I don't think it can be any worse than the one I got from them last year :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did they say last year?

Yeah, mine should be decent. Although I've a feeling Physics is going to complain about me :mmm:
Original post by Lucy96

Posted from TSR Mobile

It wasn't bad actually, certainly not the worst I've had! I'm sure you'll be fine though, you can't be that much of a rebel :wink:
It wasn't bad actually, certainly not the worst I've had! I'm sure you'll be fine though, you can't be that much of a rebel :wink:

Aww great :biggrin: some should be okay, but I've barely tried in English this year and they really dislike me :redface:
What did they say last year?

Yeah, mine should be decent. Although I've a feeling Physics is going to complain about me :mmm:

Well, they got an essay I wrote out, laughed at it together, picked out bits they found amusing, ripped it to shreds. That was one bad essay I wrote, I did others at A grade standard yet they failed to mention them. Told me I talk too much, don't take things seriously, told me I'll get a bad grade etc :lol:

Great :biggrin: aww, why? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucy96
Told me I talk too much
Posted from TSR Mobile

I somehow find that hard to believe... :wink:

told me I'll get a bad grade

Idiots :sigh:
Original post by usycool1

Not the most enthusiastic teachers in the world I can see :rolleyes:

Why do teachers like this exist within the teaching profession? off with their heads! (ok that was an exaggeration, but banish them from the school at least!)
It often depends on the situation, there isn't really a list of what and when we can change them. :smile:

I see. Would you change the name if a foreign gov't were after you for stealing their secrets?
Original post by Lucy96
Aww great :biggrin: some should be okay, but I've barely tried in English this year and they really dislike me :redface:

Well, they got an essay I wrote out, laughed at it together, picked out bits they found amusing, ripped it to shreds. That was one bad essay I wrote, I did others at A grade standard yet they failed to mention them. Told me I talk too much, don't take things seriously, told me I'll get a bad grade etc :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Look, you got an A at AS when you thought you'd done a lot worse, they should be flipping grateful that you took it on given their poor teaching for the past year :colonhash: I know it'll be hard at the time but please just remember you got the A WITHOUT their help and you'll get an A* this year in the same way :smug:

Hahaha you'd be surprised :wink:

Hmmm :frown: they reinforced that opinion again this week :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucy96

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, why do they not like you? :mmm: you showed them ay :rofl:

Basically there's his way of doing things... And then there's my way. And I often make people do it my way :ahee:

Italy is brill! May I ask why???
I'm applying to Italy because its where the uni of gastronomical sciences is :biggrin: Its so beaut, hope I get in :colondollar:

Original post by danataher
Oh my god that would be amazing hahaha! Let's do it :cool: The thing is, I usually save my homework till last minute, but ever since I got an offer from my top choice, I've decided to become a good girl and do all my work the day I get it :rolleyes: However, I still don't sleep at all cause I just spend my night procrastinating.. :tongue:
Oh god, you're crazy. How on earth do you concentrate between 12-3am?! My mind shuts off at 9pm haha! And the day I finish my last A2 exam will be the best day of my life :colone:

IkR! :ahee: Lets :colone:
I used to do that :lol: like GCSE time, now I do it on the day is set... then its out of the way in time to partay hehe and live a life! :biggrin:
Oh fantastic, what uni is that??? :smile: I'm sure you'll do fine anyways :h: 'good girls' can have fun too :tongue: Haha procrastinating at night time is so easy!
Haha so I've been told :lol: Its so very easy to do, I'm pretty nocturnal and very used to it haha. No way?! Thats insane, so early??? OMG Yuuuuuuuuuuuush!!! Ima party so hard it'll seem like all the partying I'm doing now is just preperation :colone: :awesome:
I'll just have to telepathically know then and hope for the best :tongue:

Well let's hope you're good at that :colone:
Reply 8113
Original post by euphrosyne
Hopefully it'll be the time of the month, that way, I won't mind being a male! :tongue: Hahaha, don't worry, I don't think my memory is top-notch either..

What is your name? (if you don't mind sharing it) :colone:

And cause my username was my full name, and I didn't realise how easy it was for people to stalk me so I got a bit creeped out and messaged a mod and they approved to change my name :colondollar:

Waqar. what does the new one even mean?
Nice! I've never been to the US. :frown: Pfft, Stuart Broad plays for England, 'nuff said. :colonhash: :tongue:

Thanks :h: I hope so...pretty much everyone has offers at school except me. :sad: :tongue:

Mmm! :biggrin: Really??? So haven't many others :tongue: You should defo go though, its beaut. You'd love it I'm sure :h: I could recommend places if ya like :smile: Hahaha I think you mean 'SNM' :wink: But okay, you make a good point... just gonna stress this again I really don't care for cricket just enjoy playing it. Would much rather watch rugby :elefant: Do you play???

Anytime :h: Ya will, dw about it :bigsmile: You'll get some soon enough. Patience is a virtue my friend :^_^: you'll be fine. :biggrin:

Original post by Blueray2

They paused agents of shield for 2 weeks I think :s-smilie:

Just saw...aww! What am I gonna do with myself :eek:
Reply 8115
Original post by lucine.B
Italy is brill! May I ask why???
I'm applying to Italy because its where the uni of gastronomical sciences is :biggrin: Its so beaut, hope I get in :colondollar:

honestly don't know
Original post by Qari
honestly don't know

Ah okay, well they have great universities anyways :h: have you looked at the application dates and what not??? Plan on learning the language???
[QUOTE=lucine.B;45442266
IkR! :ahee: Lets :colone:
I used to do that :lol: like GCSE time, now I do it on the day is set... then its out of the way in time to partay hehe and live a life! :biggrin:
Oh fantastic, what uni is that??? :smile: I'm sure you'll do fine anyways :h: 'good girls' can have fun too :tongue: Haha procrastinating at night time is so easy!
Haha so I've been told :lol: Its so very easy to do, I'm pretty nocturnal and very used to it haha. No way?! Thats insane, so early??? OMG Yuuuuuuuuuuuush!!! Ima party so hard it'll seem like all the partying I'm doing now is just preperation :colone: :awesome:

Hahahah, definitely the most organised thing to do! I got in to Edinburgh for Law, so I was pretty chuffed :biggrin: Aw thank you, likewise!
And who said we're good girls (despite our endless studying)? :cool: Oh god, although I can stay up all night, there is no way in hell I could study, it's impossible!
I'm actually going to party until I collapse :rolleyes: This year just needs to end, and when it will, watch out :2euk48l:

Original post by Qari
Waqar. what does the new one even mean?

Euphrosyne was a Greek goddess who was created to fill the world with pleasant moments and good will. She was also the Goddess of Joy and the incarnation of grace and beauty :rolleyes:
Original post by -bethan-
Look, you got an A at AS when you thought you'd done a lot worse, they should be flipping grateful that you took it on given their poor teaching for the past year :colonhash: I know it'll be hard at the time but please just remember you got the A WITHOUT their help and you'll get an A* this year in the same way :smug:

Awww thank you very much Bethan :colondollar: exactly haha (what if they somehow read this :tongue:) I will get the A* just to annoy them. But then they'll get the credit, hmmm :colonhash:
Wow, why do they not like you? :mmm: you showed them ay :rofl:

Basically there's his way of doing things... And then there's my way. And I often make people do it my way :ahee:

I don't even know :frown: just picked on me since day 1. Haha thankfully :tongue:

Hahaha that's great :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucy96
Awww thank you very much Bethan :colondollar: exactly haha (what if they somehow read this :tongue:) I will get the A* just to annoy them. But then they'll get the credit, hmmm :colonhash:

You're welcome Lu! :h: If they do we're both in trouble :K: :lol: You will indeed! But they'll also be dead wrong :colone: You're blessed with such horrible teachers....history :erm:

Latest