The Student Room Group

When you think of "God" what image do you see in your mind?

Regardless of whether you are religious or not what do you picture? My God is a fairly handsome tanned, muscular young man. :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

Darkness
A middle aged man with a beard and a halo and wearing a white robe.
An elderly man (possibly in his 60s) in red robes and a sceptre in hand :smile:
Reply 4
I had never thought about it until now, but when I imagine God I don't think of him in an anthropomorphic way. When I picture him I see a kind of amorphous grey thing - something more suggestive of a presence rather than a human. I think I've never tried to picture him explicitly; I never see him with a beard or anything like that as in common depictions.
Reply 5
(edited 10 years ago)
Tbh, I sometimes imagine him to look a bit like Dumbledore ...
Reply 7
An old man with a big white beard.
Reply 8
Original post by meenu89
An old man with a big white beard.

This. And he looks like he's had it in for me since the moment I was born.
Jesus with grey hair

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Morgan Freeman.
Nothingness.
A very angry, very vindictive, very cruel old man with a big white beard.
a grandfather like image

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Purple floating cloud of dust
Original post by miser
I had never thought about it until now, but when I imagine God I don't think of him in an anthropomorphic way. When I picture him I see a kind of amorphous grey thing - something more suggestive of a presence rather than a human. I think I've never tried to picture him explicitly; I never see him with a beard or anything like that as in common depictions.

This is exactly what I imagine. I have never thought of God to have a human form. More of a spirit/presence that's just there :redface:
If he was real he'd look different to ever person. To me he'd look like my grandfather.
[video="youtube;qAn3-E5BakA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAn3-E5BakA[/video]

Exactly this.
A bunch of middle aged men in sheets smirking at me and laughing that a bunch of muppets are following a book describing scams they peddled in their era.
But why is it that many of us imagine God as an old man with a beard? Do we have an innate true knowledge of God within us? Perhaps we have met him before...

Hmm. I do tend to anthropomorphosise God but lately I have been more open minded. The wind in the trees, the air we breathe in, the stars in the sky... Perhaps God lives in all of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest