The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Exams - 20th and 23rd May 2013 *OFFICAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2980
Hi has anybody got the may 23rd paper, the one with Macbeth and Animal Farm? Sorry if this is a repost
(edited 10 years ago)
hello everyone im doing english literature june exams poetry across time relationships cluster and also inspector calls and mice n men

could someone please help or tell me which poem is more likely to come up in thos exams for realtionships thanks
Original post by z33sh4n786
hello everyone im doing english literature june exams poetry across time relationships cluster and also inspector calls and mice n men

could someone please help or tell me which poem is more likely to come up in thos exams for realtionships thanks

Can you predict which poem may come up?
Original post by z33sh4n786

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2548091
What were the two questions for An Inspector Calls?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2985
Original post by S.I
What I have heard is that Harmonium , Hour , Quickdraw and Ghazal are a few likely to come up in the higher paper for the relationships cluster by the way I am doing An Inspector Calls and To Kill A Mocking bird does any one know how you could revise for something as long as tkamb

May i please ask the sort of questions u g ot for Mockingbird 2013 June?? :smile:
Original post by brittanypapple
What were the two questions for An Inspector Calls?

Posted from TSR Mobile

One of the questions was about Eric being irresponsible and the other was something to do with the last paragraph of the play about how the Inspector could just be a ghost. Cant quite remember of the top of my head but it was these two questions, for some reason i found the ghost one easier and i was the only one in my school who did that question :tongue: but it doesnt matter because i got an A*

Dude do you have any information on AQA Summer 2013 English Literature exams?
Anything will be much appreciated, thanks
Reply 2988
Does anyone know what were the two questions that came up for the Mockingbird exam?? XD
Reply 2989
Does anyone still remember the questions for purple hibiscus in June 2013. X
Ok so, I'm doing the May 2013 exam as practice on TKAM and AIC and I don't know how to answer the TKAM question and I need help answering what methods Harper Lee uses to present the characters
Reply 2991
Posted from TSR Mobile

When is the English language exam GCSE
Sorry I haven't learnt that, but where did you find the May 2013 paper?! Do you know of a link to the poetry across time may 2013?
Original post by nwerrrri
Does anyone know what were the two questions that came up for the Mockingbird exam?? XD

Part A was an extract about Bob Ewell during the trial (red rooster?) can't remember the question.
B) something along the lines of 'how were attitudes in Maycomb influenced by the trial? '

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2994
Does anyone know the questions that came up for LoTF (Lord of The Flies)?
Thanks
Reply 2995
Does anyone have a link to the paper for revision purposes for 2014 GCSE?
Original post by LittleMissVintage
Please could somebody help me and answer this - I'm really upset:/
I answered the question on 'An Inspector Calls' and I answered a question on a character called Eric. However the question was along the lines of Eric is described as 'half-shy, half-assertive and a little unsure of himself'
Explain how this and other ideas in the play are used to present Priestley's ideas about Eric,
and I wrote a really good essay, but I didn't mention the quotation given:/ is this going to affect my marks as it counts as not directly answering the question? Is a C the most I can now get on this section?
Please could somebody respond to this as soon as possible:frown:

I think that having not included the quotation in your answer will have lost you a few marks but I think that as long as you included valid points about 'how the other ideas in the play are used to present Priestley's ideas about Eric' you will be able to get higher than a C :smile:
My English teacher has looked at all the past poems and short stories that have come up and has told us the ones that haven't appeared and that therefore are more likely to be in the exam this year.

For Moonlight on the Tides (Relationships)- Ghazal and To his Coy Mistress.
He also said that Brothers, Sister Maude and In Paris with You are specified by the exam board (AQA) that they won't be named poems, but you can still pick them for the comparison question.

For Sunlight on the Grass- When the wasps drowned and 100% perfect girl (Don't make me type out the full name!)

I'm personally really happy that these are the ones that are more likely to come up, as they are some of my favourites. Please note that they are NOT DEFINITE, just more likely, as everything else has come up once save these.

Hope this helps!
Original post by cleveradam
Anthology cluster - relationships (luckily Mr Bruff has A/A* videos on most of the poems)
Of Mice and Men and Inspector Calls!
OMFG I ABSOLUTELY HATE INSPECTOR CALLS!!! I wanted to do A View From a Bridge -.-
Did A View From a Bridge for a part of my Drama GCSE and the book was absolutely amazing. But Inspector bloody Calls is 80 pages of 1 long conversation in a pitiful setting...

i'm doing exactly the same as you. i don't mind an inspector calls because there is a choice of question. i am just worried about potential of mice and men questions. my teacher said it is most likely to be curley as he hasn't come up yet but idk. thank god for mr.bruff!! i would fail poetry otherwise
Original post by CaraNicole_
Hey is anyone else in here doing The Crucible and Of Mice and Men? I'm also doing Conflict for anthology. Anyone got an knowledge of what might come up in either exams? I know that in The Crucible, Danforth and Elizabeth Proctor are likely to come up according to an English teacher at my school. Anyone got an advice on how they're revising for both exams whether you're doing those topics or any others?

(Sorry if anyone has already asked these things, I didn't have time to read the whole thread, even though I'm aware it's only 3 pages haha)

hey im doing the exact same as you, did you find out what might be coming up? all i know curley for OMAM

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending