Reply 1741
Original post by lemon_sherbert123
Same what was your ukcat?

Argh same!! This is torture :frown:
Original post by medic77
Argh same!! This is torture :frown:

Are you a grad? Starting to think non kings grads haven't heard anything maybe
Reply 1743
This is probably a really stupid question but I just wanted to clarify that Kings don't want us to upload references from work experience, just exam certificates?
Original post by Ke299
This is probably a really stupid question but I just wanted to clarify that Kings don't want us to upload references from work experience, just exam certificates?

Just exam certificates afaik :smile: and photo ID
Reply 1745
Original post by Dandaman9999
Just exam certificates afaik :smile: and photo ID

Reply 1746
Original post by Hugby1
No. Not table tennis. I have been referred to as a 'god' of the game.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I make a vow we both have to get in somewhere and compete, I will destroy you. Hopefully. :colone:
Reply 1747
Original post by bobbin'along
Haha yep I was the first girl in the waiting room :smile: you were the guy who sat opposite? You applied UCL, Cam, Imperial, King's? How are your applications going, heard anything back from King's yet?

Yeah, not imperial though queens, :colondollar:, and yeah opposite, Heard nothing back from anyone not kings, What about you, how's your applications going.

P.s Late Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year
Reply 1748
Any post-interview rejections yet?

Grad here too and haven't heard a thing! Although I'm a bit of an "anomaly" because I happen to be international too. Don't really know what they'll do with me tbh... Ah.
Reply 1750
Original post by RobinThicke1
Thanks! Got the offer on the 2nd and thought the interview went really well tbh.

Are you by any chance a reapplicant?
Reply 1751
Original post by RobinThicke1
Thanks! Got the offer on the 2nd and thought the interview went really well tbh.

Hey! I remember you from the Keele medicine 2014 thread - you wrote that your Ukcat score was 550. You've been very lucky with a Kings offer:wink: perhaps Kings have changed their Ukcat entry score or they've probably been very generous since its the new year:rolleyes:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=45575802&highlight=
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by 0612
Hey! I remember you from the Keele medicine 2014 thread - you wrote that your Ukcat score was 550. You've been very lucky with a Kings offer:wink: perhaps Kings have changed their Ukcat entry score or they've probably been very generous since its the new year:rolleyes:

loool - why would people lie. kmt.
Original post by 0612

My friends also use my account, one of which got 550 UKCAT and applied to Keele.
Reply 1754
I've got 6 A* in GCSE. I am told that this may not be enough to apply for eg at Birmingham. Do I stand a chance if I apply at King's? What can I do to increase my chances of making it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1755
Original post by Timeline
I've got 6 A* in GCSE. I am told that this may not be enough to apply for eg at Birmingham. Do I stand a chance if I apply at King's? What can I do to increase my chances of making it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah you definitely stand a chance! I have 5A*s at GCSE, and I had an interview in December (still waiting to hear back though...:s-smilie:). A high UKCAT is definitely needed and a solid PS is pretty important I guess! But if you like it go for it, Kings was my 'risky' choice and I (somehow) managed to get an interview so I guess it can pay off haha!
Original post by Mehroze1
Yeah you definitely stand a chance! I have 5A*s at GCSE, and I had an interview in December (still waiting to hear back though...:s-smilie:). A high UKCAT is definitely needed and a solid PS is pretty important I guess! But if you like it go for it, Kings was my 'risky' choice and I (somehow) managed to get an interview so I guess it can pay off haha!

Exactly the same here, 5A* and an interview in December! UKCAT is really important, a lot of unis have a weighting system in which you can make up for non-spectacular grades with a high UKCAT score and vice-versa.
Does anyone know if medical schools care about if you go to a state or private school? I've heard a lot of rumours saying they expect more from private schools but is it all speculation?
Reply 1757

Nope, school leaver. Starting to think it all just depends on a really high ukcat score
Reply 1758
Original post by DonGreeky
Exactly the same here, 5A* and an interview in December! UKCAT is really important, a lot of unis have a weighting system in which you can make up for non-spectacular grades with a high UKCAT score and vice-versa.
Does anyone know if medical schools care about if you go to a state or private school? I've heard a lot of rumours saying they expect more from private schools but is it all speculation?

Aha thats cool, how did yours go? Have you heard anything back from them yet? In terms of the school you go to, I don't think it impacts on your chance of getting an offer, I'd like to think that they assess the applicant rather than which school they went to!
Reply 1759
Original post by Mukademy
I make a vow we both have to get in somewhere and compete, I will destroy you. Hopefully. :colone:

Deal.

Quick Reply

Latest