The Student Room Group

What should I do?

I'm halfway through my first year in sixth form. I have chosen the subjects Biology, P.E, Use of Maths and I.T 6 Unit.

However i'm deciding to drop biology, next year because I can't deal with it. So i'd be left with 2 A levels and a Certificate.

What further jobs will I be able to do?
Or should I take another subject next year replacing my biology, but I would have to stay another year to finish my new subject to get 3 A levels at the end of my sixth form.
Reply 1
Hello :smile:
It's been a while since you posted so I am giving this thread a bump. I hope you receive an answer soon! :smile:
Original post by Cordero31
I'm halfway through my first year in sixth form. I have chosen the subjects Biology, P.E, Use of Maths and I.T 6 Unit.

However i'm deciding to drop biology, next year because I can't deal with it. So i'd be left with 2 A levels and a Certificate.

What further jobs will I be able to do?
Or should I take another subject next year replacing my biology, but I would have to stay another year to finish my new subject to get 3 A levels at the end of my sixth form.

It depends, how many UCAS points will be able to get? I.e. does the certificate still give you UCAS points? Even if you don't go to university, UCAS points play a factor when applying for some apprenticeships.
Reply 3
You would still have a range of IT based jobs/apprenticeships/courses open to you by virtue of your IT and maths, as well as all sorts of sports/physiotherapy type courses with your PE.

If you can hang on in your biology for the rest of the year and come out with an ok grade, having an AS level may also be an extra boost in getting onto sports courses.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending