The Student Room Group

2014 Medicine Re-Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3600
Original post by raveen789
Secretly you did really well but stated overthinking it like me :wink: Gratz though!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Lol thanks! I genuinely thought I failed it! Even considered all the advantages of doing biomed!

Have you heard you? How was the interview? I'm sure you did great! Hopefully will be seeing you there :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3601
Can't believe iv only just found this thread - double reapplicant here :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dr.Ugs
Yay I also got an offer from Manchester! Hopefully more of you guys who applied will join me and Amelia :biggrin: it's my first choice so I'm definitely going there :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats!! :biggrin: Don't worry about the offer only being on track. Plenty of med schools do that.
Reply 3603
4th interview invite hahaha **** you 2013 entry cycle :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mcollin1
4th interview invite hahaha **** you 2013 entry cycle :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I second this! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well done guys on the offers!!!! Keep them coming :biggrin:
I don't know if this is a good place to post this but I'm just wondering - should I bother reapplying if having really bad interviewing skills seem to be my only downfall?

I know it's still early on in the cycle and I haven't been rejected by anywhere (yet). I thought reapplying is only a good option for someone with say, 4 pre-interview rejections as they can really work on their applications to push them through to the next stage. Any reapplicant here with more than 2 interviews last cycle but still decided to reapply?
Original post by Cephalosporin
I don't know if this is a good place to post this but I'm just wondering - should I bother reapplying if having really bad interviewing skills seem to be my only downfall?

I know it's still early on in the cycle and I haven't been rejected by anywhere (yet). I thought reapplying is only a good option for someone with say, 4 pre-interview rejections as they can really work on their applications to push them through to the next stage. Any reapplicant here with more than 2 interviews last cycle but still decided to reapply?

Hi I'm reapplicant who had 2 post interview rejections (Exeter and a waiting list from Barts) last year.

My downfall last year was that I was really nervous at interviews and as a result it made me really timid. It's something I've been working on all this year - my voluntary work has helped a lot by putting myself outside of my comfort zone.

With respect to you, I would say if you do get all rejections, reapply if you really want to do medicine and use your gap year to work on the interview skills. Also you never know, what felt like a bad interview to you might not be as bad as you think!
(edited 10 years ago)

I had 2 post-interview rejections last year but one was at Oxford and some of the questions completely threw me! I didn't think I'd get an offer there anyway :smile:
Nottingham however... I don't understand why they rejected me as their feedback didn't go into any detail at all. So that makes me a bit worried for this year...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3609

Hello, keep your fingers crossed at this point it's still early days. I had two post interview rejections last year and one thing i'd say is that getting a rejection is rarely a reflection of you as a person - if you're interview skills are one thing that's holding you back you can work on it, that's not something that means you won't be a great doctor.
Thought I'd join in here, where are you recognizing re-applying to? Also where finished you apply not long from now?
Reply 3611
Original post by manupalace
Congrats!! :biggrin: Don't worry about the offer only being on track. Plenty of med schools do that.

Thank you :biggrin:

Yeah I am just wondering when they send the confirmation email? Like from them personally? I feel like its not official until then!
Reply 3612
Original post by ameelia22
Well I take that back ^.

I GOT AN OFFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't know what to do other than play Drake really loud and rap along to "HELL YEAH ****ING RIGHT!!!!"

A huge congratulations to you! Deserve it.. (after your struggle from last year entry!)
Reply 3613
Original post by Dr.Ugs
Thank you :biggrin:

Yeah I am just wondering when they send the confirmation email? Like from them personally? I feel like its not official until then!

Congrats!! :biggrin: So how long was the gap between the interview and this? :smile:
Original post by SiMan
A huge congratulations to you! Deserve it.. (after your struggle from last year entry!)

Thank you haha!

But yeah...wondering the same thing as cocaine up there (see what I did there Dr.Ugs?)... I just want to know everything, when are we getting the confirmation e-mail, when is the principal personally going to visit me and hug me and pat me on the back, when is the whole stopford building going to name a lecture theatre after me, etc?

I'm a bit excited obviously.
Thank you haha!

But yeah...wondering the same thing as cocaine up there (see what I did there Dr.Ugs?)... I just want to know everything, when are we getting the confirmation e-mail, when is the principal personally going to visit me and hug me and pat me on the back, when is the whole stopford building going to name a lecture theatre after me, etc?

:mmm: soon I'm sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3616
Thank you haha!

I see... just gonna have to let it sink in. So how long was your wait from the interview to the offer? :smile:
Reply 3617
Original post by SiMan
Congrats!! :biggrin: So how long was the gap between the interview and this? :smile:

I had my interview last week on Tuesday and received my offer this Monday! So 6 days :biggrin:

Have you had your interviews yet?
Reply 3618
Original post by Dr.Ugs
I had my interview last week on Tuesday and received my offer this Monday! So 6 days :biggrin:

Have you had your interviews yet?

Wow, you must have really out done them then. Mine is next Wednesday :s-smilie: Feel like cramming information now with only a week left!
Well done on the offers guys! I've not been on the thread much since I've been working full time in theatres! So exhausting but definitely worth it :smile: I have an interview at Dundee on Friday which I hope goes better than my St George's one which went terribly (got a rejection). I don't think I like MMI but unfortunately all my uni choices are MMI :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending