The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StephenNaulls
Umm yeah, basically they thought that two of my qualifications were Level 2 rather than Level 3 because I did them at school, so they weren't listed with my AS Levels and things. They said in the email that I have an interview and I'll get an email ten days before it to give me the exact date and time and stuff.

I don't think people with high tariffs should get too excited about this though- they made it clear in the email that this was an isolated event and they'd offered me the interview after scrupulous analysis of the new information I gave them. I'm just hoping that this whole palaver won't disadvantage me in any way :smile:

It shouldn't disadvantage you because the interviewers will most likely not know about this as they usually just see your personal statement, they just expect that you met the necessary academic requirements
Original post by AnJuM218
Well as long as you haven't received a rejection from Barts there's still a chance. I do think the majority of the rejections have been sent out as I saw with my friends so there is still a strong chance.

I haven't heard from King's although it's been nearly 7 weeks since my interview but I don't have a problem with waiting. It still means that there is a chance.

Have you heard back from anywhere else?

I wish I could be as patient as yourself ( this Ucas cycle has driven me mad... Never been the case before ) Lolz!
Fingers crossed for kings ... ( they are definitely pooling and creating a waiting list ...as ur at kings u will probably know they messed up the internal screening pretty badly last year.. I am assuming u applied through that )
soton ( Southampton ) grad entry haven't replied but they have given out all interviews so just waiting for their rejection as they will. Probably hand those when they send out other rejections ( post interviews) Lolz

How about ur self ? Have u heard back from anywhere apart from QM and KINGS ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I applied through the internal screening programme and I heard about last year, that was messed up. The year before most of the people who got interviews got offers. I've applied to Soton grad, I haven't heard back either so it could be a rejection for me too. I've got an interview with Warrick, just have to decide a date.

I guess the reason I'm so calm is that I realised it ain't worth stressing about this if that stress will lead me to get a 2:2 or below. I rather come out of uni with a 1:1 ,all rejections, than a 2:2 with all offers.
hi, does anyone know the stats for how many people are interviewed and how many receives offer? thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1844
Original post by StephenNaulls
Hey guys... so you might remember me from before. I got rejected, but now I've been offered an interview (long story), so looks like I'm back on this thread...

Woah really? How did that happen? I've had a strange lingering feeling since I got rejected that I really shouldn't have. My UCAS/UKCAT have been higher than those who have gotten interviews :frown: should I call up and ask? What did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by franngu
Woah really? How did that happen? I've had a strange lingering feeling since I got rejected that I really shouldn't have. My UCAS/UKCAT have been higher than those who have gotten interviews :frown: should I call up and ask? What did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey frannu remember ur a graduate ucas points dont apply to us ;-( but no harm in calling and asking ( i got all my fingers crossed or u )

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1846
Original post by hello101
Hey frannu remember ur a graduate ucas points dont apply to us ;-( but no harm in calling and asking ( i got all my fingers crossed or u )

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not a grad student :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by franngu
I'm not a grad student :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh sugar .... Sincere apologies ... I thought u were a kings graduate who applied to a100 at barts ( sorry must have confused ur username with someone else)
But hey i assumed ur a graduate ( in a way it is a compliment ... No ??? ( cheeky wink )
If u dont mind me asking could u possibly put ur ukcat score and ucas points ( break it down so people here can tell u if ur points are correct or not )

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1848
Original post by hello101
Oh sugar .... Sincere apologies ... I thought u were a kings graduate who applied to a100 at barts ( sorry must have confused ur username with someone else)
But hey i assumed ur a graduate ( in a way it is a compliment ... No ??? ( cheeky wink )
If u dont mind me asking could u possibly put ur ukcat score and ucas points ( break it down so people here can tell u if ur points are correct or not )

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha no worries about the confusion.

Like I said, I just have a strange lingering feeling about my rejection. StephenNaulls story gave me a some hope though. Either that, or I simply just can't come to terms with my rejection. I'm an international student as well so competition so much higher for us. I've got 803 UCAS and 690 UKCAT :frown: I was so sure that would be enough!
Original post by PG593
Well it's the one interview but there will be 3 interviewers on the panel. After that, it's either offer or rejection sometime in March. :wink:

Thanks for that :smile: Just wanted to check because on the email it said "interview" every time it mentioned it, but once it said "interviews will last..." or something. Anyway, thanks for clarifying!
Reply 1850
Original post by ealexandra
I applied for A101 and haven't heard anything. Doesn't look like many graduates for A101 have heard...

I'm worried about the potential 752 cut off posted a few days ago via an email someone rcvd from them!

Heya, I'm A101 and haven't heard anything! Have you applied to Warwick as well by any chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What is the lowest ukcat score anyone has seen for a graduate interview on A100?
Original post by franngu
Haha no worries about the confusion.

Like I said, I just have a strange lingering feeling about my rejection. StephenNaulls story gave me a some hope though. Either that, or I simply just can't come to terms with my rejection. I'm an international student as well so competition so much higher for us. I've got 803 UCAS and 690 UKCAT :frown: I was so sure that would be enough!

I'm an undergrad applicant and have an interview with 675 UKCAT! Don't give up hope!!
hi I've applied to the A100 course but haven't heard anything yet I was wondering if most interviews have been handed out or are there still more to come? I have a 740 tariff and 800 UKCAT so was hoping to get an interview but I don't know now!
Reply 1854
Original post by hellomeggg
hi I've applied to the A100 course but haven't heard anything yet I was wondering if most interviews have been handed out or are there still more to come? I have a 740 tariff and 800 UKCAT so was hoping to get an interview but I don't know now!

I'm pretty sure there are still some to be handed out .. Don't worry :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1855
Original post by hellomeggg

I got a slightly higher UKCAT but significantly lower tariff, and I ended up with an interview :smile:
Don't give up hope, there are plenty of interviews still to come an they seem to be giving them out in random order.

Good luck!
Original post by franngu
I've got higher UCAS/UKCAT combos than those who have got interviews and I got rejected. I'm international though :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel your pain! I'm sure you'll get a good reply from your other choices though :smile:
Finally, a A101 interview!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Storme
I got a slightly higher UKCAT but significantly lower tariff, and I ended up with an interview :smile:
Don't give up hope, there are plenty of interviews still to come an they seem to be giving them out in random order.

Good luck!

Thanks very much, I'll keep a look out and keep hoping I guess!!

Well done on getting an interview, I hope ot goes well for you!!
Original post by hopefulgrad14
Finally, a A101 interview!

Same here, congrats!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending