The Student Room Group

Are these good GCSE Subjects?

I have to pick my GCSE options soon and I was wondering wether or not my options are good. Any advice or suggestion welcome.

Compulsory:
English Language
English Literature
Maths
PE
Religious Studies
MFL - German
Science - Triple Science

Options:
Business and Economics
Geography
History
They are good, yes :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd have thought so. Humanities are always good, and economics must be useful as well. How come PE and RS are compulsory for GCSE though?!! Gosh, can't imagine anything worse than GCSE PE...:frown:
Reply 3
Original post by ManicsGirl97
I'd have thought so. Humanities are always good, and economics must be useful as well. How come PE and RS are compulsory for GCSE though?!! Gosh, can't imagine anything worse than GCSE PE...:frown:

I'm not doing GCSE P.E, and I'm doing my GCSEs... It's not compulsory for all schools then. Same with the R.E, at least in mine. :smile:
Reply 4
Looks good to me; basically exactly what I took :smile:
Reply 5
Yeah there are good
we have similar subjects
Original post by ManicsGirl97

My school is a sports college so you have to do pe or dance. And it is also slightly religious so everyone does RS
Thanks for the help.
Reply 8
Original post by MindlessMinaji
I have to pick my GCSE options soon and I was wondering wether or not my options are good. Any advice or suggestion welcome.

Compulsory:
English Language
English Literature
Maths
PE
Religious Studies
MFL - German
Science - Triple Science

Options:
Business and Economics
Geography
History

Yes that is good, but you might want to add an art or dt subject in the mix.

Compulsory:
English Language
English Literature
Maths
PE
Religious Studies
MFL - German
Science - Triple Science

Options:
Business and Economics
Geography
History

I think they sound good - I do German, History and Geography too, and love them, don't know about Business and Economics but it sounds interesting :wink:
They are good GCSE's, I did German, History and Geography too - you'll love them :smile:
They are good :smile:
I did History 2 years ago at GCSE and it was very enjoyable as I remember! I managed to get an A grade out of it after constantly getting Ds & Es in test papers so that was quite the change! If you ever need any help with English or History I can help.

Doing English Literature, Film & Media at A Level.
Reply 12
Yep they seem fine, you might wanna swap geog/history for a techy subject to widen your skill set but that is just personal preference :smile:

Compulsory:
English Language
English Literature
Maths
PE
Religious Studies
MFL - German
Science - Triple Science

Options:
Business and Economics
Geography
History