The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9640
Original post by Rakas21
I think people are being too overconfident when it comes to Nadal, in the latter half of the season especially a couple of players started to crack him.

I don't think Murray or Federer will be too much of a challenge unless they take the first set (if not then Nadal wins in 4) but i do expect Djokovic in 5.

Lol could you have ever imagined a bigger Rafa fan than me?:wink:

Rafa vs Monfils! the best match 2maro!

On at 9.30 am in the morning can't wait!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9641
Original post by Rakas21
I think people are being too overconfident when it comes to Nadal, in the latter half of the season especially a couple of players started to crack him.

I don't think Murray or Federer will be too much of a challenge unless they take the first set (if not then Nadal wins in 4) but i do expect Djokovic in 5.

That's exactly what I'm saying I mean don't get me wrong he deserves the no. 1 ranking as he was the best player last year but this is a new season and with Murray soon being without pain, Djokovic wanting to prove himself again and maybe Del Potro having a good run in the later slams nothing is decided yet.

As far as Federer goes I'm not too sure, he's looking better than last year so far but he's still getting older and with another baby on the way I can't see him staying with Nadal, Djokovic and Murray but who knows...
Reply 9642
Tournament Form starting at the player with the best form currently:
1.Djokovic
2.Murray
3.Nadal
4.Federer
Reply 9643
Original post by ubi1
Tournament Form starting at the player with the best form currently:
1.Djokovic
2.Murray
3.Nadal
4.Federer

It's a bit early to tell right now Ferrer, Berdych, Tsonga and Wawrinka also haven't dropped a set yet
Reply 9644
Original post by lizzy95
It's a bit early to tell right now Ferrer, Berdych, Tsonga and Wawrinka also haven't dropped a set yet

They can join the list to. Murray won 23 points in a row the other day!:eek:
Reply 9645
Original post by lizzy95

I'm sure Wawrinka has dropped a set :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9646
Original post by ubi1
They can join the list to. Murray won 23 points in a row the other day!:eek:

Yeah I think he was 5-1 down against a qualifier then he won the set 7-5... Whichever way you look at it that's pretty impressive :smile:

I think Murray lowering his expectations for this AO is a smart move because it'll alleviate some of the pressure he always heaps on himself and hopefully lead to him playing freer tennis
Reply 9647
Original post by Hog Dog
I'm sure Wawrinka has dropped a set :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh must've missed that then. He's had some extra rest though with Popisil pulling out so him being fresher may work to his advantage, especially with the hest down under! I seriously have no idea how they can play for hours on end in that heat
anyone know when Murray should be on court? gonna set an alarm in case I doze off!
Reply 9649
Original post by SciFiRory
anyone know when Murray should be on court? gonna set an alarm in case I doze off!

3:30 GMT according to the BBC I think :smile:
Reply 9650
Original post by lizzy95
Oh must've missed that then. He's had some extra rest though with Popisil pulling out so him being fresher may work to his advantage, especially with the hest down under! I seriously have no idea how they can play for hours on end in that heat

At the end of the day Stan has a 1hand backhand and Djokovic uses Nadal tactic to break the opponent down!:frown::frown::frown:
Original post by lizzy95
3:30 GMT according to the BBC I think :smile:

cheers :smile: want to be awake to watch it! missed the last game :colonhash:
Reply 9652
Original post by ubi1
At the end of the day Stan has a 1hand backhand and Djokovic uses Nadal tactic to break the opponent down!:frown::frown::frown:

What do you mean by Nadal tactic? :confused:
Reply 9653
cheers :smile: want to be awake to watch it! missed the last game :colonhash:

I'm in the middle of exams so I haven't been able to catch much of anything but I'll be done in the afternoon and I have a week off before lectures start up again so I can immerse myself in tennis again! :biggrin:
Original post by lizzy95
I'm in the middle of exams so I haven't been able to catch much of anything but I'll be done in the afternoon and I have a week off before lectures start up again so I can immerse myself in tennis again! :biggrin:

ah good luck with your exams! that's cool, I tend to be somewhat of a night owl so I enjoy having the tennis on this late, though I still fall asleep sometimes haha!
Reply 9655
ah good luck with your exams! that's cool, I tend to be somewhat of a night owl so I enjoy having the tennis on this late, though I still fall asleep sometimes haha!

Thanks! I'm sure you can tell from the timing of this response I'm also a night person. Once my last exam is done I become nocturnal :smile:
It's a shame i'm not going to wait up, the Raonic-Dmitrov match should be pretty good. I do hope to be up for the Nadal match though.
Original post by lizzy95
Thanks! I'm sure you can tell from the timing of this response I'm also a night person. Once my last exam is done I become nocturnal :smile:

fair enough, you watch a lot of tennis? :smile:
Good to see more serve and volley from Fed, reminds me of his early days.

His backhand still makes my mouth drop at times though.
Federer simply unbeatable tonight, classic cruise control winning to love. Won 6-2, 6-2, 6-3 though he did have match point at 5-2.

Latest