The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9680
Original post by ania_dancer
and djokovic has a history of winning slams outside of australia in 2011 and no other year :colondollar:

i think 2013 was the only window for djokovic to win roland garros. Rafa was seriously hurting for the first half of the year, he had recovery pains just as his doctor said he would. Rafa showed how much his body improved after wimbledon. 2014 will be a massacre, because nadal is fitter now than he was in 2013 (and in 2013 he won 2 slams and 5 masters, and 10 titles overall) :colondollar:

Djokovic is getting closer and closer to getting RG every year it doesn't take a genius to see that. He's still young and playing at a high level so I wouldn't be surprised if he wins it before he retires.
It seems you base your arguments on the assumption that Nadal is the only player on tour that knows how to improve his game which is just ridiculous to be honest :tongue:
Reply 9681
Original post by lizzy95
Djokovic is getting closer and closer to getting RG every year it doesn't take a genius to see that. He's still young and playing at a high level so I wouldn't be surprised if he wins it before he retires.
It seems you base your arguments on the assumption that Nadal is the only player on tour that knows how to improve his game which is just ridiculous to be honest :tongue:

While she's certain that Rafa's going to win Aussie and RG am feeling very scared the opposite might happen:frown:
2013 was djokovic's big chance to win roland garros. Rafa's doctor told him to expect a lot of restriction and pain in the first couple of months of his comeback, and that's exactly what happened. somehow Rafa still won roland garros. and then after wimbledon he was not restricted at all, and looked clearly better at the us open and now australian open. nadal to win 3 of the 4 slams this year, with only wimbledon being too much to prepare for (while murray will probably only care about wimbledon), but at least in 2015 they are scheduling wimbledon a week later :colondollar:
Reply 9683
2013 was djokovic's big chance to win roland garros. Rafa's doctor told him to expect a lot of restriction and pain in the first couple of months of his comeback, and that's exactly what happened. somehow Rafa still won roland garros. and then after wimbledon he was not restricted at all, and looked clearly better at the us open and now australian open. nadal to win 3 of the 4 slams this year, with only wimbledon being too much to prepare for (while murray will probably only care about wimbledon), but at least in 2015 they are scheduling wimbledon a week later :colondollar:

As good as Nadal was last year at most I see him getting two, if he sneaks AO 14 I see Djokovic going all out for revenge and Nadal has been mediocre on grass for a while now... Plus I see Djokovic and Murray coming back stronger for the hard court swing so let's see what happens...:wink:
Reply 9684
Original post by ubi1
While she's certain that Rafa's going to win Aussie and RG am feeling very scared the opposite might happen:frown:

It can really go either way, realistically I see them splitting those two this year but none of the above is out of the question. I'm just excited to see what 2014 brings :biggrin:
Reply 9685
By 2015 Rafa will be 29, Murray 28 and Djokovic 28... Will the younger guys get a look in by the 2015 season or will it take the big 4 to retire before they all fall away at the slams and other big tournaments? What does everyone think?
i don't think djokovic can beat murray at wimbledon. i think Rafa should skip wimbledon until 2015 when they schedule it better. revenge doesn't work in tennis. if you try to play angry in tennis you usually don't play your best. tennis is a skillful sport.
Original post by lizzy95
By 2015 Rafa will be 29, Murray 28 and Djokovic 28... Will the younger guys get a look in by the 2015 season or will it take the big 4 to retire before they all fall away at the slams and other big tournaments? What does everyone think?

the younger guys will get a look in at the 2015 australian open and us open (does not mean they will win it). but the younger guys will have to wait about 5 more years before they can get close to Rafa at roland garros. and i think murray will control wimbledon for a few more years.
Reply 9688
i don't think djokovic can beat murray at wimbledon. i think Rafa should skip wimbledon until 2015 when they schedule it better. revenge doesn't work in tennis. if you try to play angry in tennis you usually don't play your best. tennis is a skillful sport.

Oh really?! Tennis is a skillful sport?! Here I was thinking they just turned up and whacked balls for hours on end...

Djokovic was up a break in both the second and third sets but mentally wasn't in it, he can beat Murray on grass, them meeting twice on grass and once in a best of 5 match on the surface definitely isn't enough evidence to make such bold statements

Who said anything about revenge? It's called motivation. Just like Rafa was motivated to play better after getting destroyed by Djokovic in 2011 and Djokovic was motivated to go on a winning streak after getting destroyed by Nadal in the US Open. There's plenty of skill to go round in tennis and Nadal isn't the only player that has it in abundance

Rafa skipping Wimbledon is just silly. Wimby is a gold mine for ranking points, especially given his recent form; he's won the tournament twice so can realistically do so again and it just happens to be the most prestigious tournament in tennis. As well as a skillful sport tennis is a logical one :colondollar:
Im really upset about the way murray was handling lopez's lefy forehand today I dont think he will beat nadal in the semis anymore nadal will most likely destroy him unless he really ups his game. Slicing in response to nadals forehand crosscourt would mean a straight sets loss. There just seems to be something not right with his game he looks vulnerable in baseline exchanges sigh another nadal and djokovic final will commence:frown:
Reply 9690
the younger guys will get a look in at the 2015 australian open and us open (does not mean they will win it). but the younger guys will have to wait about 5 more years before they can get close to Rafa at roland garros. and i think murray will control wimbledon for a few more years.

You're counting on 5 more consecutive RGs? Good god. I've no qualms with Rafa being the best clay courter ever, but that's just a ridiculous claim to make. You might be worse than ub1!
It's weird to see someone as obsessed as Ubi.. hoping for a strong performance from the winner of Tsonga-Federer in the rest of the tourney!
Reply 9692
Original post by Slumpy
You're counting on 5 more consecutive RGs? Good god. I've no qualms with Rafa being the best clay courter ever, but that's just a ridiculous claim to make. You might be worse than ub1!

Who's do you think will win this years AO in my eyes Nole?
Original post by Slumpy

I dont want to attack her but she thinks nadal will win this tournament in 3 or 4 in the final lmao when he couldnt beat djokovic who had a mammoth 5 hr match with murray in the semi he still lost. Nadal is the heavy underdog if he gets to the final as djokovic won this title 3 times in a row and beat rafa after a 5 hr match with murray i have no problems saying it is nadal who will get beat in 3 or 4 sets djokovic isnt off form like he was at the Us Open djokovic needs to be off for rafa to beat him on a hardcourt
Assuming Federer won't win another here are the big three ranked by who i think is best on each grand slam.

Australia..

1. Djokovic
2. Murray
3. Nadal

French..

1. Nadal
2. Anybody - all crap - Federer's best chance of reaching a final is here

Wimbledon..

1. Nadal (can't argue with 5 finals)
2. Murray
3. Djokovic

US..

1. Djokovic
2. Nadal
3. Murray
Original post by Rakas21
Assuming Federer won't win another here are the big three ranked by who i think is best on each grand slam.

Australia..

1. Djokovic
2. Murray
3. Nadal

French..

1. Nadal
2. Anybody - all crap - Federer's best chance of reaching a final is here

Wimbledon..

1. Nadal (can't argue with 5 finals)
2. Murray
3. Djokovic

US..

1. Djokovic
2. Nadal
3. Murray

If you mean currently then i STRONGLY disagree with nadal b eing above them at wimbledon i mean realistically is nadal even a top 10 player on grass anymore as he lost to darcis last year and rosol the year before regardless of the past im talking currently any attacking top100 player would cause nadal problems darcis is a horrible player
What do you guys think about the notion that nadal and djokovic are both dopers?. I can fathom how the human body can go through playing a 5hr marathon then playing great in the next match/matches. Djokovic at australian open 2012 and 2013 and nadal at australian open 2009 i mean when have you ever seen both Nadal and post 2010 Djokovic be affected by long matches its almost as if they could play for 10 hours and be fine for their next match. Gilles Simon is known for his and marathon runner body type and even he cant handle playing a near five hour match and being fine in the next. Andy murray played a 3.5 hour match with federer at last years australian open and ran out of gas in the final its just weird how thier bodys seem inhumane like i dont think fitness can produce that kind of stamina it has to be doping induced or atleast i think so.
Original post by Revisionbug
What do you guys think about the notion that nadal and djokovic are both dopers?. I can fathom how the human body can go through playing a 5hr marathon then playing great in the next match/matches. Djokovic at australian open 2012 and 2013 and nadal at australian open 2009 i mean when have you ever seen both Nadal and post 2010 Djokovic be affected by long matches its almost as if they could play for 10 hours and be fine for their next match. Gilles Simon is known for his and marathon runner body type and even he cant handle playing a near five hour match and being fine in the next. Andy murray played a 3.5 hour match with federer at last years australian open and ran out of gas in the final its just weird how thier bodys seem inhumane like i dont think fitness can produce that kind of stamina it has to be doping induced or atleast i think so.

No. I think we should just accept them being superb sportsmen and not drag up the whole "they must be doping" theory.
Reply 9698
Original post by ubi1
Who's do you think will win this years AO in my eyes Nole?

I see Nole as favourite, but I haven't really seen any of the coverage/they haven't really got to the business end to see proper form yet. Sadly a full time job in a busy period doesn't allow for much AO...

Original post by Revisionbug
I dont want to attack her but she thinks nadal will win this tournament in 3 or 4 in the final lmao when he couldnt beat djokovic who had a mammoth 5 hr match with murray in the semi he still lost. Nadal is the heavy underdog if he gets to the final as djokovic won this title 3 times in a row and beat rafa after a 5 hr match with murray i have no problems saying it is nadal who will get beat in 3 or 4 sets djokovic isnt off form like he was at the Us Open djokovic needs to be off for rafa to beat him on a hardcourt

Rafa is on an incredible bit of form, but the AO has rather been Nole's slam for some time. I'd like to see Murray do well here though.
Reply 9699

Latest