2014 Medicine Re-Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3680
Original post by raveen789

Heard from Manchester yet? :smile:
Original post by Dr.Ugs
Nope, I work as an MLA in a lab :smile:

And yourself?

I just work in a corner shop (Spar technically). Nothing special...
Original post by Dr.Ugs
Heard from Manchester yet? :smile:

Yeah I got put on hold :frown: really thought my interview went well, I was calm and thought I answered the questions well, really tried to show a degree of reflection in each answer that was personal.

I have Barts soon so praying it will go well, its my first panel interview! You heard much from Glasgow or your other choices Ugs? I suppose you have your top choice so who cares :tongue:
Reply 3683
Original post by minhle20
I just work in a corner shop (Spar technically). Nothing special...

Nice :smile:

Have any plans for the remains of your gap year?
Thanks! yep first :biggrin:

Awesome! I passed first time as well :biggrin:

Are you going to get a car?
Awesome! I passed first time as well :biggrin:

Are you going to get a car?

Nice one! congrats to you as well :biggrin: erm my dad said he might buy me and my brother one to share. But to be honest I don't care, im pretty happy with public transport and people driving me around or walking :tongue: I only passed because my Dad said it is important to do and get out the way.

My brother on the other hand is fanatic and can't wait :tongue: Im hoping to head of to uni this year as Im sure we all are :biggrin: so don't really need one!

What about you?
Original post by Dr.Ugs
Nice :smile:

Have any plans for the remains of your gap year?

Nothing set it stone yet...definitely going to be a hermit during the World Cup :smile:

I might do some travelling before I start uni this September though
Reply 3687
Yeah I got put on hold :frown: really thought my interview went well, I was calm and thought I answered the questions well, really tried to show a degree of reflection in each answer that was personal.

I have Barts soon so praying it will go well, its my first panel interview! You heard much from Glasgow or your other choices Ugs? I suppose you have your top choice so who cares :tongue:

I hope they give you the offer! I am sure you will get it :biggrin: Strange because I thought my interview went terribly! I still think they gave it me by accident :\ If I got it then I am certain you will too!

Wow, Barts is great! I hope it goes well. You should have enough interview experience now :smile:

Yeah I got an interview for HYMS and UEA. I withdrew my application from UEA and had already dont my HYMS interview. Havent heard a thing from Glasgow so I am assuming they rejected me lol. Oh well I got my first choice! How about you??

I hope I get to see you and other reapplicants here in september! :colone:
Original post by Dr.Ugs
I hope they give you the offer! I am sure you will get it :biggrin: Strange because I thought my interview went terribly! I still think they gave it me by accident :\ If I got it then I am certain you will too!

Wow, Barts is great! I hope it goes well. You should have enough interview experience now :smile:

Yeah I got an interview for HYMS and UEA. I withdrew my application from UEA and had already dont my HYMS interview. Havent heard a thing from Glasgow so I am assuming they rejected me lol. Oh well I got my first choice! How about you??

I hope I get to see you and other reapplicants here in september! :colone:

Just got Barts interview and hopefully Newcastle at some point! If I fail to get an offer I need to really re consider my options after 3-4 interviews!! But Im going to try my best for Barts, it looks really cool!! I won't know anything till March though :frown: its like Jan results all over again :P

Yeah hope so too! go Fallowfield :biggrin:!!
Nice one! congrats to you as well :biggrin: erm my dad said he might buy me and my brother one to share. But to be honest I don't care, im pretty happy with public transport and people driving me around or walking :tongue: I only passed because my Dad said it is important to do and get out the way.

My brother on the other hand is fanatic and can't wait :tongue: Im hoping to head of to uni this year as Im sure we all are :biggrin: so don't really need one!

What about you?

I own a car at the moment. A 5 year old Fiat Panda 1.1L :tongue:

I mainly use it to drive to work (paid and voluntary) and to take my nan to the shops when my mum isn't available.

I'm probably going to sell it before I go to uni. I'm not going to need it :smile:
Just got Barts interview and hopefully Newcastle at some point! If I fail to get an offer I need to really re consider my options after 3-4 interviews!! But Im going to try my best for Barts, it looks really cool!! I won't know anything till March though :frown: its like Jan results all over again :P

Congrats on the Barts interview :biggrin:! I have an interview at Barts on the 28th. When's your interview?

Seems we're applying to lots of the same places :smile:
I own a car at the moment. A 5 year old Fiat Panda 1.1L :tongue:

I mainly use it to drive to work (paid and voluntary) and to take my nan to the shops when my mum isn't available.

I'm probably going to sell it before I go to uni. I'm not going to need it :smile:

Nice :biggrin: I don't know too much but my brother does :tongue: I really like the ford fiesta so that would be an awesome first car. But I don't really want to sound spoilt so I told my Dad which is my true feelings that I don't care :tongue: But Im sure my brother would want that, hes a bit of a spoilt git now aha :colone:

EDIT: congrats on that too!! 2:20 group B i think, what do you think about the article, just briefly because we could get in trouble for talking about it. I don't mind it but it seems good to me but bad for people's families who disagree with it at death.
(edited 10 years ago)
Nice :biggrin: I don't know too much but my brother does :tongue: I really like the ford fiesta so that would be an awesome first car. But I don't really want to sound spoilt so I told my Dad which is my true feelings that I don't care :tongue: But Im sure my brother would want that, hes a bit of a spoilt git now aha :colone:

EDIT: congrats on that too!! 2:20 group B i think, what do you think about the article, just briefly because we could get in trouble for talking about it. I don't mind it but it seems good to me but bad for people's families who disagree with it at death.

I'm not really that knowledgeable about cars. It was cheap and had low mileage :biggrin:

Is your interview on the 28th as well? I'm at 2.20 group B
Reply 3693
Nothing set it stone yet...definitely going to be a hermit during the World Cup :smile: I might do some travelling before I start uni this September though

Lol I dont really watch football but I am really looking forward to it!

Nice plan :smile: Which uni will you be going to?
Reply 3694

You have a fantastic UKCAT, I am sure you will get that interview at Newcastle :smile:
Is Barts your first choice?

Yeah I can imagine! I am still waiting to hear back from HYMS (just to see how my interview went lol)
Original post by Dr.Ugs
Lol I dont really watch football but I am really looking forward to it!

Nice plan :smile: Which uni will you be going to?

I have an offer from Leicester :biggrin:

But I've had interviews at Cardiff, Manchester and I have an interview at Barts on the 28th

I've been put on hold by Manchester though

EDIT: Where are you planning on going this Septmeber? I saw you say you have an offer from Manchester...congrats btw :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3696
I have an offer from Leicester :biggrin:

But I've had interviews at Cardiff, Manchester and I have an interview at Barts on the 28th

I've been put on hold by Manchester though

WOW that is absolutely fantastic! WELL DONE!!

Its great, now you can relax after your Barts interview :smile:
Original post by Dr.Ugs
WOW that is absolutely fantastic! WELL DONE!!

Its great, now you can relax after your Barts interview :smile:

I'm surprised how well this year has gone actually :smile:

Where are you planning on going this Septmeber? I saw you say you have an offer from Manchester...congrats btw
Original post by Dr.Ugs
You have a fantastic UKCAT, I am sure you will get that interview at Newcastle :smile:
Is Barts your first choice?

Yeah I can imagine! I am still waiting to hear back from HYMS (just to see how my interview went lol)

Thanks :biggrin: I'm apparently above their cut off but it's hear say ATM. Erm I'm not sure which my top is but I have a preference of all 3 over glasgow because it's just a bit far for me! I really liked manchester but I feel a bit bitter aha but no to worry I'll be patient xD

Congrats once again Dr.u you deserve it :smile:
Reply 3699
Thanks :biggrin: I'm apparently above their cut off but it's hear say ATM. Erm I'm not sure which my top is but I have a preference of all 3 over glasgow because it's just a bit far for me! I really liked manchester but I feel a bit bitter aha but no to worry I'll be patient xD

Congrats once again Dr.u you deserve it :smile:

You dont wanna be patient, you wanna be doctor :wink:
But yeah just be patient for now lol it will bring you that place at medical school hopefully!

Thanks a lot :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending