The Student Room Group

chemistry a level in one year

Hey at the moment i'm in year 12 studying sociology, english lit and biology. I really want to do a bio/chem related course or medicine in uni however i need chemistry a level. I was thinking in year 13 i could carry on with bio and english lit, drop sociology and do double chem in one year. this would be equivalent to 4 subjects. however many people are saying it's gonna be extremely difficult hectic. has anybody tried this/ thoughts and ideas? thankyou
Reply 1
Original post by Actuponit
Hey at the moment i'm in year 12 studying sociology, english lit and biology. I really want to do a bio/chem related course or medicine in uni however i need chemistry a level. I was thinking in year 13 i could carry on with bio and english lit, drop sociology and do double chem in one year. this would be equivalent to 4 subjects. however many people are saying it's gonna be extremely difficult hectic. has anybody tried this/ thoughts and ideas? thankyou

Hello :smile:

I study chemistry (in A2 year). It's one of those subjects that is fine to deal with providing you keep up with the work and put in extra time for questions etc. If you are organised and think you have the time to do this as well as continuing with your other subjects then it would be feasible. Maybe talk to some chemistry teachers at your school and ask if they think it's possible. There is always help if you need it too, whether it be from friends teachers or here on TSR!
Good luck!
:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest