The Student Room Group

Do I have grounds to complain?

Every morning I get the bus to college and there is always 2 kids and their dad that get on at the same stop. They always run onto the bus and the dad lets them, they push past everyone without a care and are always screaming, arguing and fighting with each other, kicking the backs of the seats and everything that happens to be in between!

Today they ran onto the bus with massive sticks and were hitting all the poles and each other, about 20 minutes into the bus ride, they got bored and were throwing the sticks around, one of them caught me in the eye and it caught my nose and it's scabbed over where it cut it. The dad said nothing and just ignored it.

Do I have grounds to complain to the bus company that the Bus driver should not let them get onto the bus with sticks and running around like them, this isn't the first time. They've pulled my hair out before when sat behind me and they've used their toy cars and used my back at a ground to push them around and they got tangled in my hair. They frequently run onto the bus with large sticks and hit everything in sight, It's making me dread the bus in the morning, the dad doesn't tell them off, he just lets them get on with it.

Scroll to see replies

Obnoxious brats, you should probably speak to the dad or kids first to kindly ask them to stop and if they continue then take it to the higher powers.
I would have picked up one of the sticks and shoved it down the Dad's throat. What an ass.

But yeah, report it. The evidence is on your face, so, it's not like it isn't obvious.
Reply 3
Original post by Tom_green_day
Obnoxious brats, you should probably speak to the dad or kids first to kindly ask them to stop and if they continue then take it to the higher powers.

The dad looks like one of those guys who would beat someone up for looking at him wrong. It's more I want to complain to the bus company so they know they're bringing sticks onto the bus and just to stop them bringing them on the bus. I can deal with the shouting (most mornings) just can't cope with getting cuts on my face before 9am.
I'd firmly tell the Dad that his kids were mis-behaving and should be sorted out, and that if one of them touched me again they'd be receiving a good, hard slap across the face.
Original post by StrangeBanana
I'd firmly tell the Dad that his kids were mis-behaving and should be sorted out, and that if one of them touched me again they'd be receiving a good, hard slap across the face.

Only because they're boys, I'm assuming?
Original post by Anonymous Coward

Nowhere in this thread does it say the children are male. You have inferred this from their behaviour. What does that say about you?
Reply 7
How old are the kids?
Reply 8
Original post by Gjaykay
How old are the kids?

One is about 6, the other I would say its 12.

How do you know they're boys? The OP didn't specify. And, no, I wouldn't slap them "only" because they're boys (if they are in fact male); I'd be tempted to do it because of their appalling behaviour.
Reply 10

Oh here we go again.
Original post by Where'sPerry?
Nowhere in this thread does it say the children are male. You have inferred this from their behaviour. What does that say about you?

How do you know they're boys? The OP didn't specify. And, no, I wouldn't slap them "only" because they're boys (if they are in fact male); I'd be tempted to do it because of their appalling behaviour.

I meant to put 'if' not 'because'.

Only if they're boys, I'm assuming?
I meant to put 'if' not 'because'.

Only if they're boys, I'm assuming?

How very unconvincing.
Original post by yepyepyep
How very unconvincing.

Yep,that's because it's a lie.
I should have put 'if', but I didn't read the OP properly. I thought I'd seen 'boys' in there, but obviously I didn't.

I just wanted to ask if he'd still slap these kids, if they were girls?
Or does the physical bias extend to children as well?
Yep,that's because it's a lie.
I should have put 'if', but I didn't read the OP properly. I thought I'd seen 'boys' in there, but obviously I didn't.

I just wanted to ask if he'd still slap these kids, if they were girls?
Or does the physical bias extend to children as well?

Why are you trying to stir up an argument where there is none? Nobody here has said anything to suggest "physical bias" apart from you, by assuming the kids were boys simply because they were misbehaving.
Original post by smudge_moon
The dad looks like one of those guys who would beat someone up for looking at him wrong. It's more I want to complain to the bus company so they know they're bringing sticks onto the bus and just to stop them bringing them on the bus. I can deal with the shouting (most mornings) just can't cope with getting cuts on my face before 9am.

Then yeah it's probably good to maybe have a word with the driver, especially if it's a regular driver.
Original post by Tom_green_day
Then yeah it's probably good to maybe have a word with the driver, especially if it's a regular driver.

^This, or complain directly to the bus company if you don't want to do it in front of the dad. Judt give them details of the bus route, time etc :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why are you trying to stir up an argument where there is none? Nobody here has said anything to suggest "physical bias" apart from you, by assuming the kids were boys simply because they were misbehaving.

I just found it interesting. And I do assume the kids are boys. We all stereotype. Boys are generally naughtier and more boisterous than girls, especially when in each other's company. That's not even a stereotype, it's how it is.

I'll ask the OP:
What gender are these children? Maybe one is a girl. But no way are they both girls.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 18
I just found it interesting. And I do assume the kids are boys. We all stereotype. Boys are generally naughtier and more boisterous than girls, especially when in each other's company. That's not even a stereotype, it's how it is.

I'll ask the OP:
What gender are these children?

They are male, but sometimes the mother will be on the bus with them and she'll push them around, shout the odds and call them all names under the sun, so you wonder where they got this bad behavior from :rolleyes:

Well it clearly is a stereotype, but never mind, this discussion has already gone quite off topic enough.

Quick Reply

Latest