The Student Room Group

Do I have grounds to complain?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by smudge_moon
Every morning I get the bus to college and there is always 2 kids and their dad that get on at the same stop. They always run onto the bus and the dad lets them, they push past everyone without a care and are always screaming, arguing and fighting with each other, kicking the backs of the seats and everything that happens to be in between!

Today they ran onto the bus with massive sticks and were hitting all the poles and each other, about 20 minutes into the bus ride, they got bored and were throwing the sticks around, one of them caught me in the eye and it caught my nose and it's scabbed over where it cut it. The dad said nothing and just ignored it.

Do I have grounds to complain to the bus company that the Bus driver should not let them get onto the bus with sticks and running around like them, this isn't the first time. They've pulled my hair out before when sat behind me and they've used their toy cars and used my back at a ground to push them around and they got tangled in my hair. They frequently run onto the bus with large sticks and hit everything in sight, It's making me dread the bus in the morning, the dad doesn't tell them off, he just lets them get on with it.

When do they get off, in relation to when you get off?

Ultimately the bus driver is responsible for the safety of every person on that bus and they caused you an injury (even if they hadn't, the potential was still there). So, yes, you should speak to the bus driver/contact the company. Ideally speak to the father first but I can understand if you don't feel comfortable.

Have no other passengers done anything, even mutterings or silent dirty looks?
They are male, but sometimes the mother will be on the bus with them and she'll push them around, shout the odds and call them all names under the sun, so you wonder where they got this bad behavior from :rolleyes:

As I thought.
Anyway, sorry for taking this off topic.

I'd have a word with the bus driver, if you get on the bus before them. Surprised no one else has done so.

I guess the only problem is if it's a different driver.
Reply 22
Original post by Anonymous Coward
I just found it interesting. And I do assume the kids are boys. We all stereotype. Boys are generally naughtier and more boisterous than girls, especially when in each other's company. That's not even a stereotype, it's how it is.

More boisterous, perhaps. Naughtier, not necessarily. But, yes, I know they are male.
Reply 23
Original post by River85
When do they get off, in relation to when you get off?

Ultimately the bus driver is responsible for the safety of every person on that bus and they caused you an injury (even if they hadn't, the potential was still there). So, yes, you should speak to the bus driver/contact the company. Ideally speak to the father first but I can understand if you don't feel comfortable.

Have no other passengers done anything, even mutterings or silent dirty looks?

They get off the stop before me, but I don't feel able to approach the bus driver about it. We usually have a different driver every day or they work on rotation, so it would be fruitless.

There is so many dirty looks from other people, soon as they leave everyone moans about them.
They get off the stop before me, but I don't feel able to approach the bus driver about it. We usually have a different driver every day or they work on rotation, so it would be fruitless.

There is so many dirty looks from other people, soon as they leave everyone moans about them.

Chances are people have already complained about them. If it was me, i would not say anything to the dad, he knows his kids behaviour is wrong, and has seen them harm you, yet did nothing.Try to secretly record audio on your phone + emailing/write a letter to the bus company, give a description of the man and kids, bus number/bus driver, how it is making you feel etc, ask to keep your identity confidential. They have a duty of care towards passengers. Ultimately this family are getting away with it because people are scared of them.

Quick Reply

Latest