The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9920
Original post by Slumpy
This is pretty much the first match I've caught this tournament. Federer looks something like the Fed of old. Didn't really expect Murray to win this based on how I'd heard Fed was playing. Just back from surgery, and lacking match sharpness, kinda reasonable to lose. Think he might take the 3rd though, if Federer does his thing of dropping off a little..

I should take up gambling.
What a set from Murray!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Drat, saves the set.
Murray suddenly upped a gear during the end of that set. Federer didn't really tighten, Murray just went for his shots. Murray in 5?
Reply 9924
Original post by Slumpy
I should take up gambling.

You definitely should! Fed will be kicking himself though as he had numerous chances to wrap the game up in 3. The longer this goes the more chance Murray has...
Bit of pressure on Federer now, come on Andy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone got a decent link to the match? mine just screwed up on me
Great fight from Murray, he just won't give up on this!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Great deuce battle, this is what i imagined.
determined tennis from both players, this game has really come to life since that 3rd set
Fererer smelt blood, serves for the match again! :biggrin:
:smile: Brilliant.
well done Federer, a bit gutted for Murray but not a bad run here, hopefully he can build up on this for the rest of the year

Federer vs Nadal :teeth:
Reply 9933
Federer made $71 million in 2012
Reply 9934
Original post by Zhy
Federer made $71 million in 2012

Apparently that's more than the next top 3 men put together...

If he keeps up this good form who knows what he'll earn if that's how much he earns after a pretty disappointing year! Guess that's another reason why we won't see him retiring anytime soon...
Yes yes yes Fed! Just the small problem of Nadal but two highly entertaining semi finals to look forward too!
Reply 9936
Original post by hskjlclcn
Yes yes yes Fed! Just the small problem of Nadal but two highly entertaining semi finals to look forward too!

Nadal won a match in 4sets which normal players would have lost in 3. Federer in this form look's unbeatable! Heck he'll even take on Rafa and Nole in this form!
Original post by ubi1
Nadal won a match in 4sets which normal players would have lost in 3. Federer in this form look's unbeatable! Heck he'll even take on Rafa and Nole in this form!

Yeah but it's still the Nadal-Fed uneven match-up that plays such a part in the result rather then how they've been playing. See Nadal in 4 and Berdych in 5 tbf.
Reply 9938
Yeah but it's still the Nadal-Fed uneven match-up that plays such a part in the result rather then how they've been playing. See Nadal in 4 and Berdych in 5 tbf.

I agree 100% with Nadal but I can't call it between Berdych and Wawrinka it can go either way
Reply 9939

If Nadal's forehand is not working how is he going to use his passing shots when Roger comes to the net?

Latest