The Student Room Group

Maths EPQ help

I'm doing the extended project on maths (very historical) and am having some trouble finalizing a title. I love looking into some of the really ancient history of maths and its development but I'm having some trouble refining my idea. I like looking into any of the ancient civilizations and have done some research into the Babylonians, Ancient Egyptians and the Greeks.

Does anyone have any advice as I am struggling to refine my research and look into a specific topic. I can't be so broad that the project becomes unmanageable but the problem is I find it all interesting! So any advice as to what specific areas I could look into or periods in history would be greatly appreciated!
Original post by BigDaddy202
I'm doing the extended project on maths (very historical) and am having some trouble finalizing a title. I love looking into some of the really ancient history of maths and its development but I'm having some trouble refining my idea. I like looking into any of the ancient civilizations and have done some research into the Babylonians, Ancient Egyptians and the Greeks.

Does anyone have any advice as I am struggling to refine my research and look into a specific topic. I can't be so broad that the project becomes unmanageable but the problem is I find it all interesting! So any advice as to what specific areas I could look into or periods in history would be greatly appreciated!

I agree you need to narrow it down but the decision needs to be yours. Why not pick one time period or one civilisation or one strand such as geometry?

Quick Reply

Latest