The Student Room Group

4 A-Levels + EPQ

Benefits?
Drawbacks?

Thank you! :smile:
Very tiring? I did that (Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry, EPQ), but my school let me take A Level Maths in Year 12 so my exam season in Year 13 isn't as stressful. All people in my school who initially take all 5 either drop a subject or the EPQ. There was a guy in our school who take 5 A Levels but he went nowhere.

In the end only 2 people in our school went through with it all. Benefits? Both of us got into Oxbridge. But idk how much is due to the 4 subject + EPQ. Maybe more due to grinding admission test and practice interview.
(edited 11 months ago)
helloo I did not do an epq but did do four alevels and could not imagine doing an epq alongside four essay subjects lol. benefits: obviously check if it would get you a lower offer but keep in mind you will need to get a high grade, and obviously cool to mention in a personal statement as it shows interest and further exploration of the subject. drawbacks- will take up time that could be used for revision and especially if you do coursework it might be difficult. hope that helps :smile:
Original post by Learning4Fun
Benefits?
Drawbacks?

Thank you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending