The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by ubi1
I still Feel his best on Hard was 2010 US Open This is the tournament I never seen Rafa hit the ball any flatter.

Also who do you think is better taking the ball on the rise Fed or Nole?

Probably Federer.
Reply 101
Original post by lizzy95
He looked confident in the first set but once he lost in the tiebreak and Nadal got that glint in his eyes I think Federer knew it was over and yes pissed his pants :tongue:

Fed probably pissed in his pants when he saw the draw. :tongue:
Reply 102
Original post by Roger1
You are right, but Rafa has been the most dominant player since 2010, so I call it his era. Nole ain't even holding a slam now. Lol.

Nole still is very dangerous and is on lock for the WTF. Nobody can beat him in the WTF and also this year he may steal the French Open from Rafa. My gut feeling:frown:
Reply 103
Original post by ubi1
Is the a cure for Karma?:redface:

Nope, don't think so. :tongue:
Reply 104
Original post by ubi1
Nole still is very dangerous and is on lock for the WTF. Nobody can beat him in the WTF and also this year he may steal the French Open from Rafa. My gut feeling:frown:

Nah, Rafa is a lock for the FO. Nole may steal US Open from his though.
Reply 105
Original post by Roger1
Fed probably pissed in his pants when he saw the draw. :tongue:

While Djokovic was there laughing like there's no 2maro!:wink:
Reply 106
Original post by Roger1
You are right, but Rafa has been the most dominant player since 2010, so I call it his era. Nole ain't even holding a slam now. Lol.

Yeah Djokovic needs to respond well to his early loss in AO 14. He needs another GS this year to show he hasn't gone away and to prove he can win slams outside of Melbourne on a regular basis. We'll see what happens :smile:
Reply 107
Original post by lizzy95
Yeah Djokovic needs to respond well to his early loss in AO 14. He needs another GS this year to show he hasn't gone away and to prove he can win slams outside of Melbourne on a regular basis. We'll see what happens :smile:

I don't see his partnership with Becker will come to much fruition, but we'll shall see what happens.
Reply 108
Original post by Roger1
Nope, don't think so. :tongue:

Arghhh God's mercy is the only hope!:wink:
Reply 109
Original post by ubi1
While Djokovic was there laughing like there's no 2maro!:wink:

Nole is a mentally weak too imo. Rafa alongside Pete is the strongest mentally tough players that I've seen.
Reply 110
Original post by Roger1

I disagree.

He may be the best player since 2010 (though i'm not entirely sure since Djokovic has been a beast) but i don't see how you can make the case for dominance when he's been knocked out of Wimbledon in R1 and R2 and had 6 months off.
Reply 111
Original post by Roger1
Yeah, I loved that Roddick match. Roddick looked absolutely hopeless in that match. It was Fed at his absolute peak imo. Roddick should have won like 3-4 more slams, if not for Federer. Federer was a terrible match up for Rod, just like Nadal is for him. Looks like karma came right back to bite Federer.

lol at the last sentence :smile: Fair play to Roddick though, he did have the last say in their rivalry. I hope it can be the same for Rog.
Reply 112
Original post by Roger1
I don't see his partnership with Becker will come to much fruition, but we'll shall see what happens.

Maybe but it's too early to know for sure imo.
Reply 113
Original post by Rakas21
I disagree.

He may be the best player since 2010 (though i'm not entirely sure since Djokovic has been a beast) but i don't see how you can make the case for dominance when he's been knocked out of Wimbledon in R1 and R2 and had 6 months off.

I guess you are right. I was only measuring his dominance on the number of slams that he has won since the beginning of 2010, which is more than any other player.
Reply 114
Original post by Rakas21
I disagree.

r1,r2 are justifiable so his the injury months!.

Rakas what's the record for most points in a season Rafa is soon approaching 15100 points 5000 point lead ahead of NOLE:
Reply 115
Original post by Rakas21
I disagree.

I think we might be in some sort of "Rafa era" now (since 2013) - usually his periods of dominance comes in bursts, before he gets injured and has to make yet another comeback

2011 and 2012 largely belonged to Djokovic (with Federer and Murray squeaking in to grab a few big titles)
But there's not really been one utterly dominant player for a while now.
Reply 116
Original post by Rakas21
I disagree.

Agreed. Like I said it's no one's era right now
Reply 117
Original post by Roger1
I guess you are right. I was only measuring his dominance on the number of slams that he has won since the beginning of 2010, which is more than any other player.

How do you beat Nole at WTF he seems unbeatable? Why even Fed can't beat him there?:frown:
Reply 118
Original post by Krish4791
lol at the last sentence :smile: Fair play to Roddick though, he did have the last say in their rivalry. I hope it can be the same for Rog.

it's true unfortunately and I don't see Fed ever beating Nadal again unfortunately. :frown:
Reply 119
Original post by ubi1
r1,r2 are justifiable so his the injury months!.

Rakas what's the record for most points in a season Rafa is soon approaching 15100 points 5000 point lead ahead of NOLE:

I think Fed had the most number of ranking points in 2006. Not sure though.

Quick Reply

Latest