The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jackclarke1995
Surprise, surprise. Stan's just caused an absolutely massive upset, and all anyone is talking about on here is ****ing Nadal

Riiiiight, despite the discussion being pretty much 50/50 about them both.
Original post by Krish4791
Stan also World No.3 and the third Swiss GS champion! And he's the first man to beat Djokovic and Nadal in the same Grand Slam en route to winning the title

Posted from TSR Mobile

Phenomenal feat - with his versatility on all surfaces you've got to think he's a challenger at all four slams now.
Reply 262
Original post by Krish4791
Stan also World No.3 and the third Swiss GS champion! And he's the first man to beat Djokovic and Nadal in the same Grand Slam en route to winning the title

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nadal lost I feel so depressed now life feels like crap!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L1000
Stan got lucky - especially with the number of unforced errors he sustained. Rafa will always be the champion!!

Yeah, let's just forget the fact he hit more winners than unforced errors.
Reply 264
Congrats to Stan the man! To think I was going to put a bet on him taking it in 4 sets as well! :mad:

Original post by Pistol 33
Rafa is still better than Stan. 13>1 Grandslam and only 1 win against nadal ever.

Original post by L1000
Stan got lucky - especially with the number of unforced errors he sustained. Rafa will always be the champion!!

Who are you arguing with? I don't see anyone debating with you.
Reply 265
I've always thought stan has the ability to be a match-up nightmare for nadal, he was just so mentally fragile before.
Reply 266
Original post by RyJ
Congrats to Stan the man! To think I was going to put a bet on him taking it in 4 sets as well! :mad:

Who are you arguing with? I don't see anyone debating with you.

Those couple of comments make me laugh. Haters gotta hate :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 267
Original post by ubi1
Nadal lost I feel so depressed now life feels like crap!

Posted from TSR Mobile

No one can win them all, even Nadal
And that Ladies and Gentlemen is why the draw doesn't matter - the best player will win!

Huge props to Wawrinka, he's come along way mentally and him winning really opens everything up for the season. I just wish that every headline about this wasn't accompanied by "Wawrinka beats injured nadal"
Reply 269
Original post by hskjlclcn
And that Ladies and Gentlemen is why the draw doesn't matter - the best player will win!

Huge props to Wawrinka, he's come along way mentally and him winning really opens everything up for the season. I just wish that every headline about this wasn't accompanied by "Wawrinka beats injured nadal"

Wawrinka beat injured nadal.😈

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ubi1
Wawrinka beat injured nadal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe he did. But why focus on the negatives of the injury. Why not just focus on the achievements of a man who not long ago was getting knocked out of Grand Slams by the Andreevs of this world?!
Reply 271
Original post by ubi1

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wawrinka was demolishing Nadal then he got injured. Sorry but that's the facts for you right there. I hope Nadal gets better soon so this season can continue to be interesting but the best man won today and over the whole tournament it's clear Stan was the man! :biggrin:
Reply 272
Original post by ubi1

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't be bitter. He was up a set and a break to your man BEFORE the injury. Please do not forget this fact. A worthy winner indeed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 273
Original post by lizzy95
Wawrinka was demolishing Nadal then he got injured. Sorry but that's the facts for you right there. I hope Nadal gets better soon so this season can continue to be interesting but the best man won today and over the whole tournament it's clear Stan was the man! :biggrin:

Aye, am over it now . Am worried that it may take Nadal time to recover. Also he may drop out of Next month! He may not be able to defend his points

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 274
Original post by ubi1
Aye, am over it now . Am worried that it may take Nadal time to recover. Also he may drop out of Next month! He may not be able to defend his points

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which part of Nadal has the injury?
Reply 275
Original post by Rakas21
Which part of Nadal has the injury?

Back however am waiting to hear his interview even stan acknowledged that Rafa was injured his back

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 276
Original post by ubi1
Back however am waiting to hear his interview even stan acknowledged that Rafa was injured his back

Posted from TSR Mobile

He'll be fine, i've not heard of anything worse than Murray for the back and most players like Fed just play through these.

I'd be very worried if it were his knee though, he only lasted 2 and bit years between 2010 and his 2012 break.
Reply 277
Original post by Rakas21
He'll be fine, i've not heard of anything worse than Murray for the back and most players like Fed just play through these.

I'd be very worried if it were his knee though, he only lasted 2 and bit years between 2010 and his 2012 break.

Na this was worser than murray or federer it was even worser then his match with del potro in 09 us open when he broke his abdomen also his second serve was at 39 miles stan was like wtf

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 278
Original post by ubi1
Na this was worser than murray or federer it was even worser then his match with del potro in 09 us open when he broke his abdomen also his second serve was at 39 miles stan was like wtf

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bear in mind though that he's a very physical man and the coming clay court season should put less strain on him (though he may seek to reduce his schedule a bit - perhaps try defend Indian Wells but not bother with Miami).
Reply 279
Original post by Rakas21
Bear in mind though that he's a very physical man and the coming clay court season should put less strain on him (though he may seek to reduce his schedule a bit - perhaps try defend Indian Wells but not bother with Miami).

I dont about schedule but today was horrible on par with 2013 monte carlo defeat i get the same feeling.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest