The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3500
Original post by lazer46
I'm an international student and I've just received an interview for medicine :biggrin:. However, I can't open the PDF file. Does anyone know why?

Congrats! I'm a fellow international too :smile: still waiting for an interview. May I ask what your ukcat was? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 3501
Original post by franngu
Congrats! I'm a fellow international too :smile: still waiting for an interview. May I ask what your ukcat was? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was 802.5, with 510 in Verbal x.x
On a positive note, I got an offer yesterday and my interview was last Tuesday.
Reply 3503
Original post by YasmineCherfi

Ooh congratulations!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3504
Original post by YasmineCherfi

Gratz

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 0612
Guys! best thing is to ignore this person (Hugby1) and not fuel his ego any longer. :smile:

Or even better, report his stupid posts and get him blocked :smile:
Thanks, guys!
Original post by Hugby1
You just called yourself 'mentally retarded'? How politically correct your phraseology is... As an aspiring medic I would have thought you would be less less crass. In future please refer to yourself as just plain handicapped? Just a thought.

Oh goodness no. That's not what I meant! It was just colloquialism, which I thought was appropriate on an internet forum and obviously not in any professional setting. I am an international applicant just like Yes96, and I found your comment a little belittling, that's all. I apologise.
Can we all....relax

Posted from TSR Mobile
Some one who has jus finished his blue card thingy on tsr ( gosh I feel like I have a record now lol lol lol ) tthe first thing I did was shout freeedommmmmmm!!! Lol jus Chilax ..... ..........................u lot anyway.....
any new offers today????
My Ice cream buddy I regret to inform u that I have fallen ill so I can't have any ice cream or cookies for that matter ( I can't put on any more weight ) or I will have to buy a new wardrobe Lolz don't worry I will join u as soon as I am feeling well again ... Till then Rosine it's up to u 2 maintain tradition ....... With dignity ... Honour and commitment ............ I hope u will set an example for the ret to follow...... .....
Lol ... But seriously ......

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3511
Original post by hello101
Some one who has jus finished his blue card thingy on tsr ( gosh I feel like I have a record now lol lol lol ) tthe first thing I did was shout freeedommmmmmm!!! Lol jus Chilax ..... ..........................u lot anyway.....
any new offers today????
My Ice cream buddy I regret to inform u that I have fallen ill so I can't have any ice cream or cookies for that matter ( I can't put on any more weight ) or I will have to buy a new wardrobe Lolz don't worry I will join u as soon as I am feeling well again ... Till then Rosine it's up to u 2 maintain tradition ....... With dignity ... Honour and commitment ............ I hope u will set an example for the ret to follow...... .....
Lol ... But seriously ......

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahaha I feel for youuu! :tongue: I think we might have to find a new tradition if we're going to be waiting till March ! Get well soon though x

Posted from TSR Mobile
YoYo Kings :smile:

I'm an EU applicant !!

Well I have been following this thread since it started when I decided to apply to the UK. In the past few hours it has disgusted me the comments passed by Hugby1, I have actually doubted my suitability for Kings College due to the attitude and behaviors of some, and I HOPE for everyone's sake who actually gets into Kings College this year that they never have to meet people who behave like that in their life.

I'll admit I barely understood half the terminology Hugby1 used, and my GCSE equivalent in English is anything but amazing - a mere D. Despite that I had an interview :smile: BUT you know what applying to medicine has not been the hardest thing I've done in my life! So Hughby1 if you get an offer CONGRATULATIONS because you know what, you deserve it!

I had my interview on December 10th ... my two month wait came to an end tonight at 7:45pm (the suspense of the decision I will leave till last :wink: )! I had my interview with Robyn (Bobbin_along) whom got an offer in early January - she deserved it so much! Such a nice person. Study hard!

I also know there was another Irish guy interviewed the same day and yet another Kerryman (?) just a few days ago!!
C'mon the Irish!!!!

Thank you to Hello101 (?) for giving me that happy feeling reading all your comments (I'll be praying you get in), Rosine also with her tubs of ice-cream!!! I'll stalk this thread so you better let me hear ASAP.

So at my interview, I enjoyed it! I actually enjoyed it way too much!!! I didn't think they liked my accent, I got the feeling they thought I was drunk because I laughed so much and even snorted like a pig. I was far too happy for them I think. But you know what I enjoyed it, and that's the main thing. Okay it's not the main things!!!!
The main thing is getting into medicine!!! and unfortunately for me ......

Rejected !!!!

So guys it's a learning curve!!! and if you want to take anything from my experience don't ever alter your personality, or who you are, or how you behave just to get your 'dream' University. Because it may not be your Dream! I was extremely reserved when I went to an interview last year to get into an International School in Ireland to do my final year exams. Never ever adapt who you are to gain admission! It's not worth it in the end, my final year was the most uncomfortable and horrible experience ever - I should never have left my previous school.

Be true to yourself guys!

Thanks Kings for that miserable wait, heart throbbing moment off email checking, that excitement of being in London for a day, torture of other people getting offers. But thanks so much for telling me I would not fit in, in your College, it will make my life easier.

ADIOS...........
Original post by Malakey95

I'm an EU applicant !!

Well I have been following this thread since it started when I decided to apply to the UK. In the past few hours it has disgusted me the comments passed by Hugby1, I have actually doubted my suitability for Kings College due to the attitude and behaviors of some, and I HOPE for everyone's sake who actually gets into Kings College this year that they never have to meet people who behave like that in their life.

I'll admit I barely understood half the terminology Hugby1 used, and my GCSE equivalent in English is anything but amazing - a mere D. Despite that I had an interview :smile: BUT you know what applying to medicine has not been the hardest thing I've done in my life! So Hughby1 if you get an offer CONGRATULATIONS because you know what, you deserve it!

I had my interview on December 10th ... my two month wait came to an end tonight at 7:45pm (the suspense of the decision I will leave till last :wink: )! I had my interview with Robyn (Bobbin_along) whom got an offer in early January - she deserved it so much! Such a nice person. Study hard!

I also know there was another Irish guy interviewed the same day and yet another Kerryman (?) just a few days ago!!
C'mon the Irish!!!!

Thank you to Hello101 (?) for giving me that happy feeling reading all your comments (I'll be praying you get in), Rosine also with her tubs of ice-cream!!! I'll stalk this thread so you better let me hear ASAP.

So at my interview, I enjoyed it! I actually enjoyed it way too much!!! I didn't think they liked my accent, I got the feeling they thought I was drunk because I laughed so much and even snorted like a pig. I was far too happy for them I think. But you know what I enjoyed it, and that's the main thing. Okay it's not the main things!!!!

Rejected !!!!

So guys it's a learning curve!!! and if you want to take anything from my experience don't ever alter your personality, or who you are, or how you behave just to get your 'dream' University. Because it may not be your Dream! I was extremely reserved when I went to an interview last year to get into an International School in Ireland to do my final year exams. Never ever adapt who you are to gain admission! It's not worth it in the end, my final year was the most uncomfortable and horrible experience ever - I should never have left my previous school.

Thanks Kings for that miserable wait, heart throbbing moment off email checking, that excitement of being in London for a day, torture of other people getting offers. But thanks so much for telling me I would not fit in, in your College, it will make my life easier.

ADIOS...........

You have a great attitude! Where are you from? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AspiringMedic8
You have a great attitude! Where are you from? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers bud. I'm from Ireland.
Original post by Hugby1
Please remove yourself from your moral high horse. Your false concern is rather transparent, unveiling a rather weak interior. You will not get far in the cut throat world of medicine.

'Cut throat world of medicine'?! It's people like you who perpetuate everything that's bad about modern medicine, and looking at your recent posts it's clear your reasons for wanting to be a doctor aren't quite as noble as others... Let me know if you ever do get into King's, I hope for everyone on this thread's sake that the uni isn't filled with this kind of ideology. This page is about supporting our fellow applicants, not putting them down.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3516
Aw man, King's are eejits to reject you. I'm sure you'll have 3 other offers. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm an EU applicant !!

C'mon the Irish!!!!

Rejected !!!!

ADIOS...........

Thanks for brightening up the thread a bit, you're attitude is admirable! Good luck with whatever you go on to do, you sound like you'd make a great doctor! :smile: Erin go bragh! ( half Irish gal here :wink: )
Reply 3518

I'm an EU applicant !!

C'mon the Irish!!!!

Rejected !!!!

ADIOS...........

You're awesome..you know that? Kings is losing out. I wish you the best <3

I'm an EU applicant !!

C'mon the Irish!!!!

Rejected !!!!

ADIOS...........

Thank u for ur prayers .... I am touched by ur generosity .... Dont care about the world ... Its all about u .... Ignore harsh comments and stand up for ur self if that makes u feel better .... Ur the most imp person ... Say that to urself everyday ... Lol works wonders for ur confidence ....
Hey bud gutted to hear ur rejected .. Its a bitch ... Not other way to put it ... I threw a fit when i was rejected from BARTS A101 .... So rejection is never truly handled well by any one ( or maybe just me lolz ) .... It is ' character development ' lol kiss my sunshine lol ( u know what i mean by that ) lol lol lol
But u seem to be handling it well ... Dont worry about getting in ... Ur young ( well compared to dinosaur like me.... I am not that old ... On a bsc and 3 gap years lolz ) u will get in somewhere ... As long as u get in ... Its always a privilege to be able to choose ur ideal place ... Because the awesome standard of TSR this fact is forgotten ...and it mite seem like norm people getting in where they want but people here are from a different world .... So when people like me come to this world of tsr ... It is intimidating but also amazing because it makes u want to improve and aim higher as there are people who are real life examples of acheiveing some amazing feet ...
Anyways i hope u get in somewhere ... This year has been messed ( i know people say this every year ) but i truly mean it !! There is no reason for this increased competition and increase in applications for medicine ( well there is always a reason but cant see an obvious one ) ukcat is a messs ! U got an interview which is a good achievement ( especially at kings and when ur so young ... I mean ur not like dinosaur loser medic wanaa be like me ... Lol wasnt being ageist )
I know it means very little to u now but ... It is a good sign of things to come ... Jus knuckle down and get ur grades .... Life is truly simple( well as simple as circumstances can permit ... Dont want to tempt fate )
U will be all right !!!
.... Phewwey I can ramble .... Lolz

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest