The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Is anyone watching the Dubai tournament? Did anyone watch Rio last week?

Exciting times ahead of us in 2014
Reply 361
Original post by Krish4791

Why Exiting? And Yh watched Rio the most Injured guy on tour won again!:wink:

might try and catch some of the Dubai one if I can, didn't see any of Rio though.

hopefully, can't wait for the French open in May!
Reply 363
Original post by ubi1
Why Exiting? And Yh watched Rio the most Injured guy on tour won again!:wink:

Yessss! :smile:

Of course it's exciting - we got some lower-ranked players making an impact and looking to push into the Top 20/Top 10, we'll also have fierce battles for places 3 - 8 in world rankings too
Reply 364
Yessss! :smile:

Of course it's exciting - we got some lower-ranked players making an impact and looking to push into the Top 20/Top 10, we'll also have fierce battles for places 3 - 8 in world rankings too

Aye Delpo Should really push for that Number 3 Position he no longer is a danger man Stan has sort of took his place in a way!
Reply 365
Original post by SciFiRory
might try and catch some of the Dubai one if I can, didn't see any of Rio though.

hopefully, can't wait for the French open in May!

That's my favourite time of the year - A string of hard court and clay court tournaments (mainly Masters) followed by 2 Grand Slams back-to-back! Wimbledon is probably my favourite, I have to say
Reply 366
Original post by ubi1
Aye Delpo Should really push for that Number 3 Position he no longer is a danger man Stan has sort of took his place in a way!

I'm not as optimistic about DelPo as I was last year - he's still not shown the consistency that is required week in, week out to get into the Top 3
Stan not only won the AO, but he's been very consistent since last year's US Open
That's my favourite time of the year - A string of hard court and clay court tournaments (mainly Masters) followed by 2 Grand Slams back-to-back! Wimbledon is probably my favourite, I have to say

Wimbledon is what got me into tennis, my mum used to work as a school nurse during part of the summer holidays and they used to have a tv room that always showed it :smile: always try and watch the slams, and catch some of the other tournaments as well when I am somewhere which has Sky (my mum didn't always have the sports channels, now I live with my girlfriend though and we have all of them all the time :biggrin:)
Reply 368
I'm not as optimistic about DelPo as I was last year - he's still not shown the consistency that is required week in, week out to get into the Top 3
Stan not only won the AO, but he's been very consistent since last year's US Open

I agree he needs to shine quickly as he is getting older and slower. If he plays out of his mind he can quite possibly win Wimbledon or US open Again! As for stan lets see how well he does at the masters this season. And Stan is one of the luckiest 1 slam champions ever and you know why!:frown:
Reply 369
Original post by ubi1
I agree he needs to shine quickly as he is getting older and slower. If he plays out of his mind he can quite possibly win Wimbledon or US open Again! As for stan lets see how well he does at the masters this season. And Stan is one of the luckiest 1 slam champions ever and you know why!:frown:

Needs to make sure he stays healthy - like Rafa, he's quite injury prone, I think his technique puts pressure on his wrists in particular :wink:
Reply 370
Needs to make sure he stays healthy - like Rafa, he's quite injury prone, I think his technique puts pressure on his wrists in particular :wink:

Reminds me of Blake who intentionally tried to pop the ball!:tongue:
Reply 371
Federer and Djokovic to clash once again in Dubai :smile:

Berdych also playing really well
Reply 372
Federer and Djokovic to clash once again in Dubai :smile:

Berdych also playing really well

Djokovic looks seriously unbeatable!
Reply 373
Original post by ubi1
Djokovic looks seriously unbeatable!

He has looked good, and Roger has been slow starting off each set so far
Reply 374
He has looked good, and Roger has been slow starting off each set so far

Djokovic said that in 2013 he didn't do as much as he would have liked to in the masters so expect him to win 5 or around that region this year Including Inidan Wells and Miami.
Reply 375
Federer looks so disappointing so far. Losing his serve in the beginning of each set. He needs to step up big time if he is to beat Nole, although he will probably make it close despite playing crap, as he matches up well against Novak.

Anyone watching Acapulco btw?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 376
fEDERER WINS 2ND SET CMON FEDERER!
Reply 377
YESSS! Fed breaks! 4-1 final set!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 378
I can't believe what I'm seeing from my man.
Reply 379
Fed's best match since 2012.

First win over Nole after losing the 1st set. So proud.

Quick Reply

Latest