The Student Room Group

Audiology - September 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Did you know that the course structure is different for the different unis?

Most have placements in 2nd and then another in 3rd year - can be costly as it may require 2 lots of rent, one at uni and one at your placement!

I think DMU are the only uni that have the placement in one go, so you dont have to pay two lots of rent - they also have lots of different placements all over UK - some by the sea!
Original post by advice123
Did you know that the course structure is different for the different unis?

Most have placements in 2nd and then another in 3rd year - can be costly as it may require 2 lots of rent, one at uni and one at your placement!

I think DMU are the only uni that have the placement in one go, so you dont have to pay two lots of rent - they also have lots of different placements all over UK - some by the sea!

Hi,
Would you know if DMU have placements in Birmingham? Also, are you a student at DMU?
Hey, for anyone asking about interviews I've now had two from Manchester and Swansea, they usually ask about your personal statement and some standard questions: Why do you want to study audiologist? Why do you think you would be a good candidate? etc. But, also they can ask rather obscure/unexpected questions such as: What do you define as professionalism? What do you understand about inequality in health?. These obscure questions I suspect are there to test how well you cope under pressure so don't panic and respond logically
Anyone going to Southampton ?
Reply 184
Original post by charliejonplatt
Hey, for anyone asking about interviews I've now had two from Manchester and Swansea, they usually ask about your personal statement and some standard questions: Why do you want to study audiologist? Why do you think you would be a good candidate? etc. But, also they can ask rather obscure/unexpected questions such as: What do you define as professionalism? What do you understand about inequality in health?. These obscure questions I suspect are there to test how well you cope under pressure so don't panic and respond logically

Did you have your Swansea interview in a group or was it just you? :smile:
Original post by RhodriL
Did you have your Swansea interview in a group or was it just you? :smile:

It was just me with three interviewers
Reply 186
Has anyone heard back from university of Manchester after they have done their interview? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 187

Thanks, how did yours go?
Original post by RhodriL
Thanks, how did yours go?

Umm alright I guess struggled a bit on the strange questions but overall ok
Reply 189
Has anyone got the interview for aston this Wednesday 19th feb?!
Reply 190

were you at swansea on 3rd feb?
Original post by geeforce
were you at swansea on 3rd feb?

Yes. Were you?
Anyone got offers from Manchester?
Reply 193
Still waiting ... They said they are gonna get back to me in the middle of Feb xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 194
Original post by MirrorMirror
Anyone got offers from Manchester?

Im still waiting!! They said end of Feb so I'm really getting nervous now-- Manchester is my favourite!
Reply 195
Yes. Were you?

yes, you must have been the person i saw in that cafe. there didnt seem to be many people being interviewed.
Reply 196
Does anyone have an interview for manchester on Wednesday?
Does anyone have an interview for manchester on Wednesday?

No, I had an interview about a month ago though :smile:
Reply 198
Original post by MirrorMirror
No, I had an interview about a month ago though :smile:

How was it? Hows your application going?
yes, you must have been the person i saw in that cafe. there didnt seem to be many people being interviewed.

Yeh that was me. Did you get an offer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending