The Student Room Group

Cambridge Chemistry Challenge

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rabirabbit
Well B & D are similar, but B is probably correct if you've got the colour of the solution (it's quite well known for its colour)

Yes, yes. B is quite common and I do know it.
Finished copper a while back, if you need help, PM me :smile:

Any help for silver please? Is it C14H8O8S2? Whenever I type that into google, it doesn't give me a straight answer :s
Reply 2602
Original post by HappyCheesecake

Any help for silver please? Is it C14H8O8S2? Whenever I type that into google, it doesn't give me a straight answer :s

hmm i didnt use that for silver..i just used the logo and looked at what they had discovered recently...

any help on rg?
Original post by PARTy
hmm i didnt use that for silver..i just used the logo and looked at what they had discovered recently...

any help on rg?

Thanks :smile: not on Rg yet, but if I get there, I'll help if I can

Hey! It is C14H8O8S2. Is that leaf (in the background) of lily or lotus?
Original post by ChemistryQuiz
Hey! It is C14H8O8S2. Is that leaf (in the background) of lily or lotus?

I only just took notice of the plant when you mentioned it, haha. Will have to do a little research. I'm assuming the Harvard shield has something to do with it?
I only just took notice of the plant when you mentioned it, haha. Will have to do a little research. I'm assuming the Harvard shield has something to do with it?

"Veritas is the motto of Harvard University, Providence College, Knox College (Illinois), Bilkent University, the University of California - Hastings College of the Law, Drake University, as well as the Dominican Order of the Roman Catholic Church, andProvidence College, which is run by the Dominicans."

So we cannot be sure whether it's to do with Harvard or some other university. I guess it's of a uni with VERITAS in their logo and it's that uni which probably discovered the device? :confused:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ChemistryQuiz
"Veritas is the motto of Harvard University, Providence College, Knox College (Illinois), Bilkent University, the University of California - Hastings College of the Law, Drake University, as well as the Dominican Order of the Roman Catholic Church, andProvidence College, which is run by the Dominicans."

So we cannot be sure whether it's to do with Harvard or some other university. I guess it's of a uni with VERITAS in their logo and it's that uni which probably discovered the device? :confused:

That complicates things slightly... Though that specific shield looks exactly like the Harvard one.

I think the leaf in the picture looks more like a lotus leaf, so perhaps it has something to do with it's applications?
ARGH, Rg is aweful. Is it to do with NMR?
The plant is rhubarb and if you type both rhubarb and Harvard into google I think it comes up

Posted from TSR Mobile
And help on Rg please

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by john smilth
The plant is rhubarb and if you type both rhubarb and Harvard into google I think it comes up

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks a lot! :biggrin:
And help on Rg please

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's obviously something to do with proteins and I think it might be mass spectroscopy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks so much! :smile: Would have given you some rep, but I've ran out for today.
Can someone help me on gold please?
Original post by Chemistry 456

http://www.sci-experiments.com/ice_cream/saltwater.html

This website should help. Look for the substances that reduce the freezing point of water.
Original post by Chemistry 456

I'll give you a clue :wink: it's to do with "freezing point depression" and Substance X is very safe to eat :wink:
http://www.sci-experiments.com/ice_cream/saltwater.html

This website should help. Look for the substances that reduce the freezing point of water.

Thanks I shall have a look
Is Rg something to do with mass spectrometry?
(edited 10 years ago)
Is Rg something to do with mass spectrometry?

Yes, I think so

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest