The Student Room Group

Need help choosing what A Level to drop in the second year!

Hi, I want to study Marketing and Advertising or just Marketing in University.
I am currently studying 1st year at College
AS Level Mathematics with Statistics
AS Level Computing
AS Level Media Studies
AS Level Photography

Need help deciding what course to drop next year. :confused:
My family wants me to continue Computing and I enjoy Mathematics and Statistics, so I would like to continue that.

All help is welcome
Thanks in advance :smile:
Maybe you should wait until you get your results? Maybe talk to your teachers also. And do what you want to do, not what your family want.
Reply 2
I'd suggest you either drop Photography or Media Studies. I'm only suggesting this from the information you've supplied.

It's strongly advised that you continue doing the three subjects you enjoy. If you don't enjoy one of the four in the list above then drop that subject.
Reply 3
Original post by daisychain_
Maybe you should wait until you get your results? Maybe talk to your teachers also. And do what you want to do, not what your family want.

We have to decide by summer term so I'm not sure. Do you know if Universities that offer Advertising and/or Marketing entry requirements are based on UCAS Tariff points or Courses and the grades you get in them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by saqib1997
We have to decide by summer term so I'm not sure. Do you know if Universities that offer Advertising and/or Marketing entry requirements are based on UCAS Tariff points or Courses and the grades you get in them

Posted from TSR Mobile

A yearmate of mine whos applied for marketing told me the highest entry requirement he found was around the AAB mark.

Lots of good ones will ask for around ABB, then you will find universities offering points which has a large range
Original post by saqib1997

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry I don't know, have you looked on course websites?
As above, you need to look at what various Universities require for Marketing - both the subjects and the grades.

You should also look at apprenticeships - these are usually a far better 'way in' to advertising and marketing than a degree course - https://apprenticeshipvacancymatchingservice.lsc.gov.uk/navms/Forms/Candidate/Apprenticeships.aspx
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by daisychain_
Sorry I don't know, have you looked on course websites?

Will look at some entry requirements

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest