The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
rich and sad

many people's source of unhappiness or insecurity is financial instability.

i'm not saying happiness isn't important to me, because it is, but i'd rather be secure and rich and this in turn would make me happy, than poor and "happy" but constantly worrying about money issues.
(edited 10 years ago)
Rich sad

My kids being brought up with what they want will give me enough satisfaction tbh.
Rich and Sad
Reply 4
Mo' money, mo' problems.

I'd take poor and happy assuming it's not on the street, I know too many rich people whose lives make them thoroughly miserable, the ones who are happy it comes from other things in their life (relationships, hobbies, families etc.) not the amount they're pulling in.
Reply 5
Rich and Happy
I'd want to be happy so rich and happy
Reply 7
Rich and sad. Rather cry in a lamborghini, than laugh on the bus.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yosolo123
Rich and sad. Rather cry in a lamborghini, than laugh on the bus.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quote of the year so far right here.
Already rich and sad and I wouldn't change it for the world. Plus sadness is unavoidable. I may as well be rich whilst feeling it. :borat:
Original post by Vixen47
Already rich and sad and I wouldn't change it for the world. Plus sadness is unavoidable. I may as well be rich whilst feeling it. :borat:

Define rich...
Depends on how you quantify rich and poor.

If we're saying rich as in not having to worry about money and poor as in living on benefits which is the lowest in the UK then I'd say living being poor and being happy. You can still get by and many do. Yes you may not be able to afford luxuries but you'd be happy and to be happy you'd clearly have other factors in your life to make you feel that way.

If I was living in another country that didn't have such a safety net and it was work or go without then I'd take rich and sad purely due to being able to put food on the table, a roof over my head and clothes on.

As long as I have the basic amenities (clothes, shelter, food) and needs I'd rather be happy. If I don't have them then I'd take the rich and sad route purely to be able to get them, not out of choice.

I'd take quality of life over quantity of life every time.
Rich and sad.
Reply 13
Poor and happy.

Money issues are easily solvable compared to happiness.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by Ripper-Roo
rich and sad

many people's source of unhappiness or insecurity is financial instability.

i'm not saying happiness isn't important to me, because it is, but i'd rather be secure and rich and this in turn would make me happy, than poor and "happy" but constantly worrying about money issues.

tthese things have nothing to do with true happiness ! Check out Nichiren Buddhism and see a different perspective
The mind can make a heaven out of hell and a hell out of heaven
Happy and Poor. Not even a hard question
Rich and sad for the good of my children if I ever have them. Also i'm sure expendable income can at least buy me books and games to play.
everyones such a capitalist lmao
Reply 19
Rich in happiness

Latest