The Student Room Group

Ultimate EPQ thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4860
Hey, what would people say are the key elements to touch upon for EPQ presentation? I was thinking of including why I chose that topic, briefly touching upon research then obviously getting into the heart of it. What's the trick to doing well for AQA?
Original post by alygirl
Hey, what would people say are the key elements to touch upon for EPQ presentation? I was thinking of including why I chose that topic, briefly touching upon research then obviously getting into the heart of it. What's the trick to doing well for AQA?

My supervisor said that I should go into why I chose sources and stuff like that, and that should take the most weighting, I don't know if that's correct or not, but I think it seemed a strange thing to say
Reply 4862
Original post by Futuremedic2096
My supervisor said that I should go into why I chose sources and stuff like that, and that should take the most weighting, I don't know if that's correct or not, but I think it seemed a strange thing to say

Ah, I wasn't aware of that. The most weighting? That does surprise me slightly especially given that it's not meant to be too long and there is a decent amount already to fill
Original post by alygirl

Mine is tomorrow and I was told to discuss the following;

Why I chose to do an EPQ
How I decided on my topic area and title
The research process
Define the key word in my title and any concepts that need to be explained
Discuss essay and conclusion
Evaluation; successes/what you enjoyed/what would you do differently

Mine is approximately 15 minutes with a short video :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by itssimplyme
Mine is tomorrow and I was told to discuss the following;

Why I chose to do an EPQ
How I decided on my topic area and title
The research process
Define the key word in my title and any concepts that need to be explained
Discuss essay and conclusion
Evaluation; successes/what you enjoyed/what would you do differently

Mine is approximately 15 minutes with a short video :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's exactly what I meant, you need to not only cover your topic! It's simply has it covered'
Original post by alygirl

From talking to people around my college, it varies from supervisor to supervisor as to what they want the presentation to include - there isn't really a set structure to the presentation that you have to stick to. Therefore, I would ask your supervisor what they would want you to include in your presentation, and maybe give you feedback after you have done a first draft of your slides or rehersal of your presentation.

However saying that, I think that most supervisors would want you to say why you have chosen the topic you have and explain your findings and conclusions.

I am doing the AQA EPQ. I have uploaded my presentation slides here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5-aUBDhWp2VQ0lfNWY5UjJOSWc/ and video of my presentation here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=osFHkj7Dyi4 if they are helpful.

Good luck.
(edited 10 years ago)
Hi! Doing AQA EPQ, but majorly stuck as to what to put into my log book. Help?
Sorry I need some help.

I'm writing my dissertation, if I am talking about results received in a survey, how do I reference this? Any help?
Original post by CJG21
I'm writing my dissertation, if I am talking about results received in a survey, how do I reference this? Any help?

i think you do this by displaying the results on the dissertation
it's what i did anyway :smile:
Original post by flou_fboco2
i think you do this by displaying the results on the dissertation
it's what i did anyway

Right, so I'd just screenshot and paste my results into the dissertation, and then talk about them? Would I have to make the images "figure 1", and then say, as figure 1 shows or such?

Thanks for the help.
Original post by CJG21
Right, so I'd just screenshot and paste my results into the dissertation, and then talk about them? Would I have to make the images "figure 1", and then say, as figure 1 shows or such?

Thanks for the help.

That's exactly what I did :smile: good luck with it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's exactly what I did :smile: good luck with it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers for the help. Just got 4000 words to write and an evaluation to do and a presentation for Friday.

Piece of cake.
Original post by CJG21

Thanks for the help.

yes thats what i did but made charts instead of screen shot as this seems more professional :smile:
Original post by CJG21
Cheers for the help. Just got 4000 words to write and an evaluation to do and a presentation for Friday.

Piece of cake.

No problem! Good luck for Friday, had mine today and it was totally fine :smile: Just have to sort out all the paperwork and I can kiss this all goodbye!
Original post by CJG21

Piece of cake.

you're joking
4000 :eek:
you're joking
4000 :eek:

Don't say that! I'm sure I'll be fine... :cry:
Original post by CJG21
Don't say that! I'm sure I'll be fine... :cry:

ok then good luck :goodluck: mate
ok then good luck :goodluck: mate

:lol:

You need to have confidence in me. I'll try to get to about 3000 words by the end of tonight if I can. I'm sure I can ramble on about some nonsense for a while.
Original post by CJG21
:lol:

You need to have confidence in me. I'll try to get to about 3000 words by the end of tonight if I can. I'm sure I can ramble on about some nonsense for a while.

:rofl: good luck though I'm glad I'm not in your position lets put it this way :tongue:
:h: :cookie:
:rofl: good luck though I'm glad I'm not in your position lets put it this way :tongue:
:h: :cookie:

Ahaha, I should have started it in September, I'd probably have been finished by now. Once this is out of the way I can start my revision for all the exams...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending