im a yr 13 and I do it currently

I meant 'should year 12s do it?'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SoggyTractor
I meant 'should year 12s do it?'

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes
Hey everyone,

I would really, really appreciate any advice with this but I really need a title for an EPQ by Friday (just a rough one).
I was going to relate to my subject area of interests; Biology and ancient Greece in which I wanted something along the lines of "The birth of Biology" (I know it sounds pretty cheesy) but I have no clue where to start or even if it's a good idea!
If anyone can suggest anything or let me know if they think that the topic can gather 5000 words worth of research AND a presentation that would be soooo so helpful! XD :awesome::excited:
How is the EPQ artefact marked?
Considering doing the EPQ, hmmmmm to do or not to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4967
How do you reference the production log? I mean like say to your gantt chant and stuff
Original post by alygirl
How do you reference the production log? I mean like say to your gantt chant and stuff

Just put it as an appendix in your appendices. Then label your production log as "Appendix A" for example.
Hey everyone! Quick question:

What happens if you miss the internal EPQ final hand in deadline?

Is the teacher required to deduct marks for inability to manage time effectively?
Reply 4970
Are we supposed to analyse all the sources or some of the sources?
epq presentation tommoz :eek: :h:
Original post by alygirl
Are we supposed to analyse all the sources or some of the sources?

I've done an overview of the process I used to analyze all of my sources and if there was anything I felt was particularly noteworthy I included this information and why I felt it was important when using the source in my project. Although I have had essentially no guidance with the project so have no clue if I'm totally barking up the wrong tree :redface:
Reply 4973
Original post by InfinitelyEmily
I've done an overview of the process I used to analyze all of my sources and if there was anything I felt was particularly noteworthy I included this information and why I felt it was important when using the source in my project. Although I have had essentially no guidance with the project so have no clue if I'm totally barking up the wrong tree :redface:

Thank you that was incredibly useful to know and sounds correct! What else have you added to your production log if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by Olympiad
Considering doing the EPQ, hmmmmm to do or not to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It depends on your reason for doing it, really. If you're doing it to have something to talk about on your PS or at uni interviews, it works really well. But then you have to actually slog through it and finish it, and that can be taxing, especially if the grade you get for it doesn't count towards uni entrance grades. In that case, I probably wouldn't advise doing it.

But if you want to do it because you enjoy the topic you're doing it on, go for it. I just finished doing a creative writing piece exploring the style of one of my favourite authors, and it was great fun, even though it didn't count towards my entrance grades at all. It's difficult, especially if you fall behind, but it's personally rewarding if you like that sort of challenge. :smile:
Original post by alygirl
Thank you that was incredibly useful to know and sounds correct! What else have you added to your production log if you don't mind me asking?

Not at all! I'm just following the outlines of the questions given in the log and adding my time plans (including changes... Which were frequent!) and once my presentation's over I'll add my speech notes and PowerPoint slides. Things such as survey results/ cover letter, my photo evidence etc is all in the project itself either incorporated or as appendices. Good luck with your project, hopefully we'll all be finished soon! :biggrin:
When did you guys first got info about the EPQ to start it? We've not had any info on it yet (in Y12) but I know the year 13s were doing their presentations recently.
Original post by Blues Clues
When did you guys first got info about the EPQ to start it? We've not had any info on it yet (in Y12) but I know the year 13s were doing their presentations recently.

Start of year 12, but we are doing it this year! (I'm in year 12)
Reply 4978
Got an A
Wooooooo
Original post by Lialore
Got an A
Wooooooo

Congratulations!! :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending