The Student Room Group

How do you guys drink tap water?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Red one
Drinking chemically treated water containing possible contaminants is not worth the small boost to my immune system which I could achieve quite easily through excerise/eating healthily and maybe even vitamins.

Truth about tap water.

Rubbish, you have to spend brass to make brass, how are vitamins going to help your immune system when it doesn't even get a taste of what it needs to defend you against? When you're a kid the more soil you can eat the better and it's surely the same with tap water.

Also bottled water is ridiculously expensive, you must have money to burn if you can afford to drink that. Not to mention terrible for the environment with mountains of plastic bottles.

Your article
The resulting hypothyroidism causes weight gain, cold intolerance, dry and prematurely aged skin, depression, constipation, hair loss, memory loss, irritability, increased cholesterol levels, heart disease and loss of libido. Pretty scary stuff yeh?

Mind you that does pretty much sound like the standard British person's constitution
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Red one
Drinking chemically treated water containing possible contaminants is not worth the small boost to my immune system which I could achieve quite easily through excerise/eating healthily and maybe even vitamins.

Truth about tap water.

But why would you pay for such a huge amount for bottled water when you already pay far, far less to get almost identical water in your tap.
Reply 22
Pensively.
Isn't bottled water like 10000 times more expensive or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I drink Kitchen tap water, but not Bathroom tap water, To this day im still unsure if they come from the same place or not..
I don't. Need to filter that ****.
Reply 26
I adore the taste of tap water. :smile:
It's often the hard water v soft water issue - I can't remember which tastes better.
In the morning I need to run the water for about thirty seconds otherwise it has the metallic taste.
I do consume a lot.
Original post by FKLW
Move to Yorkshire then :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll be in Nottingham soon, so I'm alright :tongue: I love bottle water anyways.
Original post by Red one
I thought more people drank tap water. :eek:

In real life, all my friends are shocked by the fact that I buy a new bottle of water basically everyday. I don't think we're part of the norm but there are a few of us
Reply 29
Original post by scrotgrot
Rubbish, you have to spend brass to make brass, how are vitamins going to help your immune system when it doesn't even get a taste of what it needs to defend you against? When you're a kid the more soil you can eat the better and it's surely the same with tap water.

Also bottled water is ridiculously expensive, you must have money to burn if you can afford to drink that. Not to mention terrible for the environment with mountains of plastic bottles.

Mind you that does pretty much sound like the standard British person's constitution

You're a quack next you'll be telling me to put my head in a freezer when I have a cold or you'll be telling me that my humours are out of balance. :lol:

Why put myself at risk to chemicals used to pruify the water when I can boost my immune system by eating healthy, excising and being less stressed out?
Reply 30
I hate the taste of tap water, i wish it tasted normal to me because it costs so much to buy bottles of water each week :/
Reply 31
Original post by mynameisntbobk
I'll be in Nottingham soon, so I'm alright :tongue: I love bottle water anyways.

Yorkshire water> Trent water though :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
I drink it straight out the tap.

I don't understand why some people are so fussy about tap water, get a grip!
Reply 33
Original post by Reeeeyah
I drink it straight out the tap.

I don't understand why some people are so fussy about tap water, get a grip!

Do you also drink water out of a toilet tap? Just curious. I heard that water from the toiler was less pure than the one from say the kitchen?
I have no problem with tap water.

Bottled water isn't usually much different to tap water, by the way. Indeed, sometimes the process it goes through makes it positively harmful. It's probably better (and certainly cheaper) to buy a Brita jug and filter your tap water.
Original post by FKLW

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lol: I'm seeing Yorkshire and just thinking Yorkshire puddings hence why I can't take you seriously right now
Original post by FKLW

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yorkshire water is nice, I'm obsessed ngl
Reply 37
I absolutely totally 100% refuse to pay for water when I have a perfectly good tap. It's like paying to piss, imo. Just, no.

The water tastes differ. I 'live' in Lancaster, Lincoln and Kent, a pretty wide arch over the UK, and it really is different everywhere. But regardless, if it's cold, it's great. <3 water.
Original post by Red one
You're a quack next you'll be telling me to put my head in a freezer when I have a cold or you'll be telling me that my humours are out of balance. :lol:

Why put myself at risk to chemicals used to pruify the water when I can boost my immune system by eating healthy, excising and being less stressed out?

Yeah, OK, fair enough (though I still don't get how you can afford it), but surely you do need to ingest some grubby stuff at some point or at least not clean your house for a few months to actually let your immune system know what sort of things it might be fighting against.
Reply 39
Original post by Red one
Do you also drink water out of a toilet tap? Just curious. I heard that water from the toiler was less pure than the one from say the kitchen?

No, only out of the kitchen one. I've always been told not to drink toilet tap water, so I dont.

Quick Reply

Latest