The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Accommodation 2023

Hi everyone!

Coming to Kent in September 2023 or looking at joining us in 2024? First of all, congratulations if you've received a place for September & welcome to the University of Kent :biggrin:

We know moving to uni can be really nerve-wracking, so we have created this thread to answer any questions you have about what to bring, specific accommodations or anything related to living at the University of Kent.

We have/know others who have lived in all of the different accommodations at Kent between us so should hopefully be able to help with any queries! We look forward to chatting with you :smile:

Alia, Chloe, David & Natalie
- University of Kent Student Reps

P.S. You can also see our commuting students thread here!
Hi
What is Stock Court like? Does anyone have any photos of the rooms?
Thanks
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi, i applied through clearing this morning and have had a verbal confirmation of a place, followed by a notification from the uni, but UCAS has not updated yet. I have tried to set up my login details for the accommodation portal, but it keeps saying error. I am looking for a particular room in a hall for physical reasons, so wanted to know if I should contact accommodations directly about this to save time?
Hi,

I hope you are keeping well :smile:.
Here attatched is a picture of outside stock court, where you can see how the walls on the outside look on the right:
ParkWoodStreet.JPG

I'm not too sure if it comes out well on TSR, but I took this off Google Maps, so you can find this same image there.
However, most of the buildings and rooms in Park Woods look similar, so I can show you this room and it should be similar to what yours will be.
ParkWoodRoom.jpg

I hope this helps :smile:.

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask!.

Warm regards,

David
University of Kent Representative
Original post by SazQ
Hi, i applied through clearing this morning and have had a verbal confirmation of a place, followed by a notification from the uni, but UCAS has not updated yet. I have tried to set up my login details for the accommodation portal, but it keeps saying error. I am looking for a particular room in a hall for physical reasons, so wanted to know if I should contact accommodations directly about this to save time?

Hi @SazQ,

I hope you're keeping well.

Yes, though I would not stress too much, especially as you've had the confirmation prior to Friday.

Nevertheless, I do think it would be a good idea to contact the Accommodation team to help you sort this out. Just explain your current situation, and they'll be more than happy to help you out :biggrin:.
Here are their email: [email protected].
Followed by their mobile number: +44 (0)1227 766660 (I'd recommend calling staright away, however do note that as it is past 5 they may not be able to respond until tomorrow).

I hope this helps :smile:.

If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

David
University of Kent Representative
Original post by University of Kent
Hi everyone!

Coming to Kent in September 2023 or looking at joining us in 2024? First of all, congratulations if you've received a place for September & welcome to the University of Kent :biggrin:

We know moving to uni can be really nerve-wracking, so we have created this thread to answer any questions you have about what to bring, specific accommodations or anything related to living at the University of Kent.

We have/know others who have lived in all of the different accommodations at Kent between us so should hopefully be able to help with any queries! We look forward to chatting with you :smile:

Hello,

Is it possible to switch accommodation from an ensuite to a shared accommodation? Main reason for this is because of the expenses are too expensive for me.

Thanks
Original post by Anonymous
Hello,

Is it possible to switch accommodation from an ensuite to a shared accommodation? Main reason for this is because of the expenses are too expensive for me.

Thanks

Hi.

It's great to hear you will be joining us in September. Which course are you studying? How are you feeling about everything.

As I am just a student I won't be able to help too much with this but I would recommend calling or emailing our accommodation team to help with your query.

This is their email: [email protected].

This is their mobile number: +44 (0)1227 766660

I hope this helps. :smile:

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep
Original post by University of Kent
Hi everyone!

Kindly let me know what about drinking water facilities in Parkwood flats. Thank you
we have water softener fixed by Harvey at home, so if anything like that would be great help in drinking soft water
Original post by Anonymous
Kindly let me know what about drinking water facilities in Parkwood flats. Thank you
we have water softener fixed by Harvey at home, so if anything like that would be great help in drinking soft water

Hi,

I hope you're keeping well.

Thank you for your query. I'm pretty sure that Parkwood flats only have tap water. However, I can double-check and get back to you.

I understand that you are used to drinking soft water, and I can see how that would be a concern. However, tap water in the UK is generally safe to drink. It is also regulated by the government, so you can be sure that it meets the required standards.

If you are still concerned about the water quality, I've had flatmates who brought their own water filters with them, which may be a good solution to help you. This would help to remove any impurities from the water and, from what they told me, make it taste better.

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask. :smile:

Warm regards,

David :smile:
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending