The Student Room Group

How do you guys drink tap water?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by mynameisntbobk
:lol: I'm seeing Yorkshire and just thinking Yorkshire puddings hence why I can't take you seriously right now

:eek: Yorkshire puddings are the best! I'm seeing Kent and thinking of.... Nah can't think of anything :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
Original post by lauraaaaa
Yorkshire water is nice, I'm obsessed ngl

:five:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Original post by scrotgrot
Yeah, OK, fair enough (though I still don't get how you can afford it), but surely you do need to ingest some grubby stuff at some point or at least not clean your house for a few months to actually let your immune system know what sort of things it might be fighting against.

I actually can't remember the last time I was ill. I doubt it's linked to tap water though, I'm a bit of a germaphobe as in I don't use public toilets and I try not to touch door handles or stair railings when I'm outside.
Reply 43
I always order water in restaurants but never drink it anywhere else. It just tastes bad, and my family always bought pre-packaged so it's not like I grew up on it.
Reply 44
Original post by may348
I always order water in restaurants but never drink it anywhere else. It just tastes bad, and my family always bought pre-packaged so it's not like I grew up on it.

Some "restaurants" give you tap water so be careful. :P
Reply 45
Tap water tastes like **** so hardly ever drink it, if it isn't evian I don't want to know.
Original post by FKLW
:eek: Yorkshire puddings are the best! I'm seeing Kent and thinking of.... Nah can't think of anything :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're alright.. nothing special about them. I never even mentioned Kent :wink:

Besides, its the garden state! Proud of that
Reply 47
Original post by lou 22
Tap water tastes like **** so hardly ever drink it, if it isn't evian I don't want to know.

Don't you think that's snobby?
Reply 48
Yes I am a water snob.
Reply 49
The idea of creating all those bottles, bottling all that water and burning all that fuel to transport those bottles of water across the country when we live in a country with high standards of tap water still baffles me.
Reply 50
Original post by lou 22
Yes I am a water snob.

At least you can admit it. :giggle:
Reply 51
Original post by Apocrypha
I drink Kitchen tap water, but not Bathroom tap water, To this day im still unsure if they come from the same place or not..

Depends on whether you have a water tank in your roof.

The whole drink from the kitchen thing is because that's fresh from the mains water - whereas upstairs bathroom water often comes from a temporary storage tank in your roof (to maintain water pressure through gravity), and so may have been sat around for a while. :smile:
Reply 52
Original post by mynameisntbobk
They're alright.. nothing special about them. I never even mentioned Kent :wink:

Besides, its the garden state! Proud of that

Alright? :angry: you have disrespected my honour my friend.

Garden state :lol: you got a decent up and coming pop star as well....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Red one
I actually can't remember the last time I was ill. I doubt it's linked to tap water though, I'm a bit of a germaphobe as in I don't use public toilets and I try not to touch door handles or stair railings when I'm outside.

More depends what you did as a kid, for example my girlfriend was raised in an obsessively clean house and now has a weak immune system
Reply 54
The water doesn't taste very nice in my area so I put orange squash in it :smile: When I visit family up north it tastes lovely though!
Reply 55
Original post by Red one
Don't you think that's snobby?

You quoted me before I got to post my second post. I hardly ever water that isn't evian although I did today as it was icy but normally no.
Original post by FKLW
Alright? :angry: you have disrespected my honour my friend.

Garden state :lol: you got a decent up and coming pop star as well....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have I? Thought you were leaving your Yorkshire anywhos?

Why is that funny? Kent is a beautiful place. Haha who?
Reply 57
Original post by Red one
At least you can admit it. :giggle:

:smile: but all others just don't taste the same, it just like to me no other doughnut compares to a krispy kreme orginal glaze.
Original post by lou 22
:smile: but all others just don't taste the same, it just like to me no other doughnut compares to a krispy kreme orginal glaze.

All doughnuts are vile imo haha
Original post by antipathy
Depends on whether you have a water tank in your roof.

The whole drink from the kitchen thing is because that's fresh from the mains water - whereas upstairs bathroom water often comes from a temporary storage tank in your roof (to maintain water pressure through gravity), and so may have been sat around for a while. :smile:

Aye, I have a water tank at my home which is why I never drank bathroom water, but I live in a tower at Uni and still dont drink the bathroom water but i assume its mains supplied water in there..

Quick Reply

Latest